[ROM] NexusSense (0.3) WIP

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I have been following this one for awhile now, and i'm pretty pumped about it. Its a HTC sense 2.1 port to our Nexus S 4G's (and GSM versions)! After the initial port is done, the drivers and such are fully situated/working well, and everything is in working order I don't see why it couldn't evolve into sense 3.0 eventually too :D

As of right now its flashable and you can enjoy and play with sense! BUT (you knew this was coming ;) ) the only working things are cell service, wifi, and other minor necessities. Data, bluetooth, and camera are not working, im not sure on the GPS. So in other words, its a fun toy to flash and play with for 10 minutes before nandroid restoring back :p

Fixed script download (to save your IMEI): DOWNLOAD LINK

Of course i'm not responsible for making any of this. All credit goes to Arpeichner on the XDA forums, and the rest of team galaxysense.
Just figured id share it here due to development starting to pick up, and the latest update from the developer :D

I have been in contact with one of the original GalaxySense developers for the Epic4G. He now owns a NS4G and would like to contribute. This is going to be very helpful as I myself do not own an NS4G. I am in collaboration with him in getting 0.4 up and running on the NS4G.

In other news, bluetooth has been fixed in one of the latest Galaxy S versions of the build. The fix should be easily implemented on our device. He has made some progress in getting data to work, although it is not fully functional. He has gotten the 3G icon to appear, but still no connection. MMS works though.

I think our number one priority is a fix for data. After we have solved that, then I think we would be ready to tackle the camera. And after the camera, I imagine we could experiment with all of the little extras such as FM radio.

If anyone has any experience in Android development or know anyone who does, we would appreciate all of the help we can get. I'm currently working on a new kernel with voodoo additions as we speak.

nexusssense_img_1.png

Here is the developer thread. [ROM] NexusSense 0.3 (0.3 UP!) DO NOT FLASH - xda-developers

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
No data as in internet and no cell service because its GSM version right now but a galaxy sense dev switched from epic to ns4g so we're in business.

0.4 should be out soon with more fixes.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Data is working on the GSM version and 4G version is in development and gaining devs!! :D

NickNanko

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
wifi not working for me on my ns4g, it says error right below the on/off switch, any ideas why??? and do u know wen there will be a more stable version out with working data etc.?

edit: got wifi working but no cell connection, cant make texts or calls

Last edited:

DakotaDAllen

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Tried it out and it was pretty neat. I'm very much looking forward to a version with working voice/SMS, data, GPS, and camera, etc. I'd be more than happy to donate :)

EDIT: Any way to switch to the old style HTC lockscreen? I didn't like the new one with the ring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge