I am currently on GPA17 from P.Alfonso, however I miss the notification widget button bar drop down from CM7. I s there anyway to get this on this rom? If not does Oxygen have it?

I have read that Oxygen has amazing battery life but I have also read that GPA17 does too ( i have not gone through 24hrs yet) but I am curious as to what is the big diffferences in these 2?

I am not asking for a ROM war post here, just simple advantages or differences between the both.
    08-30-2011 10:31 AM
    I am currently on GPA17 from P.Alfonso, however I miss the notification widget button bar drop down from CM7. I s there anyway to get this on this rom? If not does Oxygen have it?
    Not only does Oxygen have it, but you can customize what widgets are in the bar, what order they appear in, color, scroll/not scrollable, etc.
    08-30-2011 11:14 AM
    Not only does Oxygen have it, but you can customize what widgets are in the bar, what order they appear in, color, scroll/not scrollable, etc.
    Thanks! So is this ROM based off of CM7?

Do i need to install anything else to get good battery life or is it like GPA17 where it already comes with what I need?
    08-30-2011 11:27 AM
    You should also check out deck's ROM. deck and oxy both have the CM7 control drop down...I would say the Oxygen one is more customizable though
    08-30-2011 08:13 PM
    Thanks! So is this ROM based off of CM7?

Do i need to install anything else to get good battery life or is it like GPA17 where it already comes with what I need?
    According to the dev, Oxygen is based off the AOSP, not CM7. That being said, it contains several features that are also similar to features that appear in CM7.

Maybe those were pulled from CM7, maybe they were created from scratch to mimic the CM7 features. I really don't know...

I run GPA17 for my daily, the battery life is insane especially if you underclock to 800Mhz. Hardly any speed difference for normal use. There are maybe 1 or 2 features in Oxygen or CM7 that I'd like to see in GPA17 but those really boil down to personal preference.
    08-30-2011 08:39 PM
    I'd like more peoples opinion on this as well. I've tried both, and up until yesterday i was completely sold on Oxygen Rom. It provided stable day to day use, and allowed great battery life. Then i switched over to the final build of Alphonso GPA17 build yesterday and was amazed at the battery life. it too is stable.

Who has tried both, which do you prefer?
    ddpacino likes this.
    09-01-2011 08:37 AM
    I'd like more peoples opinion on this as well. I've tried both, and up until yesterday i was completely sold on Oxygen Rom. It provided stable day to day use, and allowed great battery life. Then i switched over to the final build of Alphonso GPA17 build yesterday and was amazed at the battery life. it too is stable.

Who has tried both, which do you prefer?
    I have tried both and this is how i feel as of now....

%55 towards Oxygen and %45 towards GPA17

Simply because of the drop down widget bar. Both have awesome battery life, although I noticed that when i set the CPU to 800 max it goes back up to 1000 once i reboot...anyone else having this isuue as well?
    jdizzle316 likes this.
    09-01-2011 10:41 AM
    I have tried both and this is how i feel as of now....

%55 towards Oxygen and %45 towards GPA17

Simply because of the drop down widget bar. Both have awesome battery life, although I noticed that when i set the CPU to 800 max it goes back up to 1000 once i reboot...anyone else having this isuue as well?
    I'm running Oxygen 2.2.2 right now, and i like it too for the same reasons.....when you go into Settings, CPU...there's an option "Set on Boot" i think you have to check that so when you reboot it'll keep your settings clocked at 800 mhz....or it'll keep reverting back to 1000 mhz.

one thing that keeps me thinkin bout using Alphonso, is that i do think it gives better battery life...ah...my dilemna lol
    09-01-2011 10:54 AM
    I'm running Oxygen 2.2.2 right now, and i like it too for the same reasons.....when you go into Settings, CPU...there's an option "Set on Boot" i think you have to check that so when you reboot it'll keep your settings clocked at 800 mhz....or it'll keep reverting back to 1000 mhz.

one thing that keeps me thinkin bout using Alphonso, is that i do think it gives better battery life...ah...my dilemna lol
    Well I never really went into a full 24 hours due to me wanting the drop down widget, now if i could simply flash this then I would go back to GPA17 otherwise I am staying with Oxygen I canno complain about the battery life on this one as of now.
    09-01-2011 02:06 PM
    If you want the drop down widgets on petes there a flash over at the nexus s theme and apps forums on xda
    09-03-2011 04:20 PM
    [APP/MOD][GPA17 BuglessPete Nexus S]Status Bar Widgets - xda-developers

Here's the link use the link from the guy with the last comment on the first page that's the one I used
    09-03-2011 04:23 PM
    [APP/MOD][GPA17 BuglessPete Nexus S]Status Bar Widgets - xda-developers

Here's the link use the link from the guy with the last comment on the first page that's the one I used
    The problem with that, at least for me, would be I don't use/need some of those buttons. With Oxygen it's great because you can customize the buttons. I currently have WiFi, Sound, Flashlight, Brightness, Lock Screen Disable/Enable, and Airplane Mode. You can have more than 6 buttons too, which would make the menu scrollable.

Sent from my Nexus S
    09-03-2011 04:36 PM
    The problem with that, at least for me, would be I don't use/need some of those buttons. With Oxygen it's great because you can customize the buttons. I currently have WiFi, Sound, Flashlight, Brightness, Lock Screen Disable/Enable, and Airplane Mode. You can have more than 6 buttons too, which would make the menu scrollable.

Sent from my Nexus S
    Yea your right there I just wish someone would put a 4g widget in there that's onei can really find usefull
    09-03-2011 05:24 PM
    I ran Oxygen for quite a while and was generally happy with it, but there is something incredible about Pete's rom. It is so smooth, the battery life is amazing. There isn't anything wrong with Oxygen--it is a great ROM. No matter what I try though I always go back to GPA17. I'm not even going to bother trying anything else at this point.

I had a Evo 3d for a while, and I'm probably crazy but the Nexus S 4G + GPA seems quicker. I'm glad I went back to this phone after the radio nightmare was resolved.
    09-15-2011 11:44 PM
    Oxygen also has theme Chooser.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    09-16-2011 11:31 AM
    I figured I would throw in my opinion just cuz I'm bored at work and reading threads...I haven't tried GPA17 but I have tried oxygen, deck, cm7 and miui and for me, my preference for a daily is MIUI. I just love the set up, once I got used to it, and everything that comes with it. As far as battery life goes, I found I had about the same battery life for decks and oxygen. It also matters with what kernel you're using, which governor and if you're overclocking or undervolting the cpu. Any of these roms I'm sure you could get a full day out of if you use the right combo of governor/kernel/rom. Just my opinion
    09-16-2011 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD