Undervolting question Matr1x kernel

temotoren

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I flashed Matr1x kernel and running Ondemand with 1.2 Ghz max and 800Mhz min. Can i get some tips with undervolting, overclocking and saving battery. Mine lasts 10hours. I at least want a whole day.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I flashed Matr1x kernel and running Ondemand with 1.2 Ghz max and 800Mhz min. Can i get some tips with undervolting, overclocking and saving battery. Mine lasts 10hours. I at least want a whole day.

Try running 800mhz max and 100mhz min with interactive gov.
Don't use profiles with setcpu as that seems to lead to worse battery.
Running 1.2 max and 800min is something i wouldn't do to often you running a lot higher then you need to for normal usage. If you run 1000-100 then your running stock speeds,so crancking the min all the way up to 800 is a little overkill

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
What about undervolting

I don't really mess with the voltages,just seems like to much work and not worth the risk to me. I really wish there wasn't a way to screw with the voltages. If you want to try messing with them then i would say set your min/max to what you want then slowly move the voltages down maybe 50-100 and see how it acts when turning screen on/off a couple times even try doing it a couple times real quick just to make sure you don't have any issues.Like say

100MHz is your min.
i think it's at 900 volts,i'd drop down to 850 test call your phone with screen off to,to make sure it doesn't crash.Then drop it down a little more until you feel it's low enough or see issues forming then bump it up to the last good voltage you had it set at.I think this is all off top of my head but anything above 1400 volts is going above factory volts.
I'm sure their's other around that have messed with them a lot more that could chime in and be of more help.

temotoren

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah to risky ill leave it at the stock Matr1x kernel settings. im gonna keep my cpu max at 1.2 and min 400mhz and use the smartass governor

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah to risky ill leave it at the stock Matr1x kernel settings. im gonna keep my cpu max at 1.2 and min 400mhz and use the smartass governor

I'd try dropping the min down to 100mhz it shouldn't give you any issues as that default stock min speed.

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I read in one forum that math kid (matrix developers) runs at 1200/100 with on demand. Since he has tried everything under the sun, that is good for me.
Sometimes I get way more than a day, sometimes not. Probably same usage, it's where I am with service that makes the difference

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc