Supposedly it saves battery, but I tried the 800mhz, not much of a change.
    I'm on 600mhz, I still have the highest quadrent score over the nexus one, it's still snappy,
    but no big noticable difference from 1000mhz, I would assume cutting it nearly by half would do something...
    09-23-2011 05:31 PM
    Since you're running a lower max clock speed you can also undervolt using an app like Proton Voltage Control (if your kernel supports it) to save power.
    igotsanevo4g likes this.
    09-23-2011 05:42 PM
    If you look at Settings > About Phone > Battery Use I would be willing to bet Display is what's sucking up most of the battery and probably by a good margin.
    Underclocking and Undervolting will help improve battery life but I think the best thing you can do, if you haven't already is to dim the display and turn the timeout lower.

I never really noticed significant gain through underclocking or undervolting and similarly I've never noticed significant loss by overclocking.

I've accepted the fact that I need 4 chargers, one downstairs, one upstairs, one at work and one in the car. Then I'm able to run my phone at 1300 and leave the screen on all day
    09-23-2011 06:09 PM
    Since you're running a lower max clock speed you can also undervolt using an app like Proton Voltage Control (if your kernel supports it) to save power.
    How do I know what is a good undervolt setting?
    09-23-2011 07:23 PM
    How do I know what is a good undervolt setting?
    You play with the settings. Slowly go lower and lower in voltage while putting your phone through stress tests (like playing games, or the most intensive thing you do). If your phone freezes, that's too low and you need to up the voltage. Be sure not to set the app to change voltage at boot until you're 100% sure your phone is stable.

Or, if you want a simple flash-and-go, try morfic's Trinity TEUV kernel. It is set to max 800MHz clock speed and is pre-undervolted out of the box.
    09-23-2011 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD