After I root my phone, will my service restore or is there another step?

I'm sure this is a basic question but I couldn't find an answer.

Thanks!
    09-23-2011 09:28 PM
    What?
    09-23-2011 10:00 PM
    service as in sprint service? It's not affected at all.
    If you mean your google account, it'll be fine.
    If you flash a custom rom, you need to also flash google apps which you can find easily.
    09-23-2011 10:19 PM
    Awesome! Thanks for the input.
    09-23-2011 10:23 PM
    What?
    Who?

Hey anyone know if the Google apps on rom manager has the version of Google talk with video as its newest download. I never use the app. But I'm lazy to find gapps I don't have. Lol.

And I know cm7 is am empty scratch OS but really. Who's running custom roms on their android and not using Google apps. They should just build the basic core ones in already.
    09-24-2011 12:23 AM
    Who?

Hey anyone know if the Google apps on rom manager has the version of Google talk with video as its newest download. I never use the app. But I'm lazy to find gapps I don't have. Lol.
    i think so, I think it depends if your running 2.3.4 or not.
    09-24-2011 12:25 AM
    i think so, I think it depends if your running 2.3.4 or not.
    I was running 2.3.5 with what I thought was the lastest version of gapps from the gapps site and it wasn't. I got a link from someone roms xda with the right gapps. Just never mess with rom manager.
    09-24-2011 12:26 AM
    Better question being. Is rom manager going to update with the right gapps that has Google wallet after cm7 updates to 2.3.7.
    09-24-2011 12:28 AM
    Who?

And I know cm7 is am empty scratch OS but really. Who's running custom roms on their android and not using Google apps. They should just build the basic core ones in already.
    Yeah. The 2.3.5 Google apps has gtalk with video

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    09-25-2011 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD