CM7 Nightly 125 (2.3.7 build) and Google Wallet

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone round here know how to get Google Wallet going on Cm7 nightly 125 which is a 2.3.7 build. I thought it would be as easy as just installing the .apk I copied from my 2.3.7 stock backup. That didn't work, lol.

Or is it a matter of waiting for gapps and what not?

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
So far as I know, right now the only way to get Google Wallet is to run stock. As in not a custom ROM. I'm assuming that's because kernel.org still isn't up so AOSP is down and dev's can't build from source to include Wallet.

there is a thread on XDA about it...last i check nothing was happening yet.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
So far as I know, right now the only way to get Google Wallet is to run stock. As in not a custom ROM. I'm assuming that's because kernel.org still isn't up so AOSP is down and dev's can't build from source to include Wallet.

there is a thread on XDA about it...last i check nothing was happening yet.

Right, and I wasn't expecting to see a 2.3.7 build this morning because of this; yet, here I am running Cm7 that is 2.3.7. So unless it just says 2.3.7 and it's not truly 2.3.7 I'm confused on why it shouldn't work.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I've been bouncing around that thread. I guess I'll just sit and wait it out. Something is odd though being it is 2.3.7 and as you mentioned Kernel.org is STILL down. I was extremely shocked when I saw it said 2.3.7 in my settings.

yeah i don't really get that either, but who knows :)

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
they can still make their build in preparation for the return of kernel.org.

i think Pete did this too.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
they can still make their build in preparation for the return of kernel.org.

i think Pete did this too.

Pete clearly posted on his site though that's it not officially a 2.3.7 build and more or less a mix of 2.3.5 and 2.3.7 minus the kernel. So I'm assuming that's what they did here and no one is going to get Wallet to work until then.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Pete clearly posted on his site though that's it not officially a 2.3.7 build and more or less a mix of 2.3.5 and 2.3.7 minus the kernel. So I'm assuming that's what they did here and no one is going to get Wallet to work until then.
Yeah pretty much. I don't follow the CM stuff enough though to know if this is standard operating procedure for those guys. The nightlies are always considered experimental so maybe they don't feel the need to offer an explanation/disclaimer?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah pretty much. I don't follow the CM stuff enough though to know if this is standard operating procedure for those guys. The nightlies are always considered experimental so maybe they don't feel the need to offer an explanation/disclaimer?

Well. I don't think they it general except on new overall versions of cm7 like from 6 to 7. Etc. Doesn't matter. Just saying. Petes nice. Hahahah.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Well I just bothered to look at the changelog for cm7 125. Not much going on there. Says changed display name. I'm not sure what that was in reference to but it looks like its still a 2.3.5 build to me.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
so i used this method
xda-developers - View Single Post - [DEV] Flashable Google Wallet? Anyone test?
on Pete's latest GPA17 Nightly, 10/02 and it worked

Make sure you actually do the data wipe though, I didn't the first time and got a FC

I haven't actually tested Google Wallet yet but I can open the use the app just like on stock.

The only downside is that now I have two icons for "Tags" but I can live with that.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
so i used this method
xda-developers - View Single Post - [DEV] Flashable Google Wallet? Anyone test?
on Pete's latest GPA17 Nightly, 10/02 and it worked

Make sure you actually do the data wipe though, I didn't the first time and got a FC

I haven't actually tested Google Wallet yet but I can open the use the app just like on stock.

The only downside is that now I have two icons for "Tags" but I can live with that.

Yea. I see that's the problem. Too lazy to mess with a data wipe though. Lol.

Can't you go into /system/app and delete the old tags apk?

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Yea. I see that's the problem. Too lazy to mess with a data wipe though. Lol.

Can't you go into /system/app and delete the old tags apk?

Yeah I could, i guess i don't care enough.
Yeah wiping sucks but i'm so used to it. I can be back up and running in about 20 min

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk