Phone being awake

actionjackson22

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I turned off 3g and wifi and went to sleep.
I woke up and i noticed that my phone was awake most of the time but i lost only about 3 % battery, I noticed that the phone was awake more often then when the screen was on.
I have almost 2.5 hours display on and its 24% of battery and 39% is from android system, whats up with that? When I check my battery history under partial wake lock, I saw GpsLocationProvider on for 6hours. I dont get whats making my phone awake.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I turned off 3g and wifi and went to sleep.
I woke up and i noticed that my phone was awake most of the time but i lost only about 3 % battery, I noticed that the phone was awake more often then when the screen was on.
I have almost 2.5 hours display on and its 24% of battery and 39% is from android system, whats up with that? When I check my battery history under partial wake lock, I saw GpsLocationProvider on for 6hours. I dont get whats making my phone awake.

I just had a similar issue on CM7 wit NFC. It showed Screen time on was 27% and time without sleep was 87%. And NFC was the majority of partial wake. I rebooted and everything was fine.

Normal after that was screen time on 11% and time without sleep 15% (for the use at the time). Try rebooting and see what happens.

Also, it could be a third party app that caused it. Install anything lately?

actionjackson22

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
no apps came up under a percentage or under wake lock, but I notice 49mb of my memory goes to FB so I forced stopped it. Im going to ride out my battery now then hard reset after.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
no apps came up under a percentage or under wake lock, but I notice 49mb of my memory goes to FB so I forced stopped it. Im going to ride out my battery now then hard reset after.

It could just be the service the app is using (IE your location thing) could be so far higher than the app you don't notice it. It could be facebook. I know the GPS likes to stick. I deleted the facebook app. The hell does it need 39mb of ram in the background for push notifications?

Started slowing down my phone. Removed and stopped the lag. I would bet facebook. What rom are you on? On CM7 I revoked it's permission to use location and gps so it wouldn't run every time I opened the app.