Cyanogenmod 7.1 release.

actionjackson22

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Anyone try it? If so a quick run down of battery life would be great since the Rc1 wasn't too good with it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

vkarlski

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
updating from rc1 cm7

Do I need to wipe data and factory reset in cwm? Also do I need to flash gapps again? I'm running cm7 rc1. Can I just flash? Also can someone provide a download link for the zip?

Last edited:

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Just installed the new release this morning. Its too early to tell, but battery life seems same or worse than the nightlies.

Like I said, I wont know for sure for about 24 hours but early results dont seem to be any improvement.

justmerob

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been debating installing this too. Ended up going back to Pete's for now but got the itch for a change...so any feedback about it would be great.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Downloading right now. Gonna see how it is. My battery life on 131 is funky. (Been running Stock 2.3.7 with netarchy for a few days and cm7 just went down to 61% in less than 3 hours on me. 40 minutes screen on. I wiped battery when I installed, too.)

Edit:

First: Everything seems to be there. Nothing missing from what I was using. (I guess we knew that, lol).
Second: Google Wallet worked when updating. For anyone interested and not up to date; who, don't' wanna lose google wallet: this is what I did:

1- Wipe Cache
2- Wipe Dalvik
3- Install 7.1 Stable
4- Flash Walletfix (Already had wallet on 131).

Will report back battery later.

Last edited:
Reactions: actionjackson22

charn65

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I have been running this since about 11AM this morning. Typical amount of phone calls, BT,emails, FB, angry birds... you get the picture. Battery life seems about the same, maybe a little better, but nothing substantial. Otherwise, it almost doesn't seem much different from the 7.0 #132 that I was using. WiFi and signal strength are exactly the same as before. All other settings are identical, from what I can tell.

My $0.02.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have been running this since about 11AM this morning. Typical amount of phone calls, BT,emails, FB, angry birds... you get the picture. Battery life seems about the same, maybe a little better, but nothing substantial. Otherwise, it almost doesn't seem much different from the 7.0 #132 that I was using. WiFi and signal strength are exactly the same as before. All other settings are identical, from what I can tell.

My $0.02.

I would assume, since the nightlies are just tests for new CM versions, that the stable would be identical the latest nightlies with the bugs worked out.

charn65

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Makes perfect sense when you think about it that way.

Wish the battery manufacturers would keep up like the developers, and make life a little easier on us all... :D

Half the time I try new ROM is in hopes there will be a battery life extender magically placed in there somewhere.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Makes perfect sense when you think about it that way.

Wish the battery manufacturers would keep up like the developers, and make life a little easier on us all... :D

Half the time I try new ROM is in hopes there will be a battery life extender magically placed in there somewhere.

Batteries are always a decade behind technology. Take a battery from today and put it in an OG Gameboy. You'd have battery life for months. 10 years from now they'll have batteries that would have gave our phones, today, juice for a week with constant gaming and calling. And, the phones then will have battery for 8 hours, L O L!.

Just the way it works.

Whatever happened to that battery RCA made that charged itself off WiFi frequencies? Guess that was a bust. lol.

Reactions: kevincwelch

actionjackson22

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: updating from rc1 cm7

Some apps have gapps preinstalled, if not you can always find and flash those.
It is recommended to wipe everything then flash rom, then flash kernel if your picking a different one, then gapps. Then reboot, then Hard Reset by taking the battery our for two mins then booting up.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: updating from rc1 cm7

lol, what are you updating too??

I assume another Cm7 build. In that case, no.

1- Wipe Cache
2- Wipe Dalvik
3- Install

I just went from Nightly 131 to 7.1 stab that way.

If your talking about another rom. Yes. Data wipe.

Edit: No need to reinstall gapps when going from cm7 to cm7. However, if you have wallet then flash it again before you reboot.