05-29-2012 10:36 PM
201 12345 ...
tools
    Yeah links aren't working, I just tried cfs and bfs- both down =\
    01-03-2012 10:11 AM
    v14.0 is up, hit the OP for download links & changelog

Give it a run and come on back and post some results..
    01-05-2012 11:35 AM
    v14.0 is up, hit the OP for download links & changelog

Give it a run and come on back and post some results..
    I have been using 14.0 BFS for about 24 hours now.
    This version of Matr1x is excellent.

Deep idle TOP=ON works just fine finally.

Lots of governors from which to choose; I typically use ondemand.

I have it set to 100/1000 with deep idle off, and I get excellent battery life. This is with dooderbutt AOSP v5.

The BFS version is fast...very fast. Smartbench shows scores only around 1000, but what it appears to be is quite different when it comes to speed.

No SODs. No reboots. It's been nice.
    01-05-2012 12:07 PM
    sup guys, glad you're liking the kernel!
    01-05-2012 08:00 PM
    Running for about 7 hrs now and its solid... Still early but I think so far a better showing than v13.0 or v13.5

Running test build of an upcoming ICS ROM

100/800 Mhz Deep Idle Enabled on Lulzactive governor.
    01-05-2012 08:08 PM
    How's battery look so far?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    01-05-2012 09:13 PM
    How's battery look so far?

Haven't gotten a good reading yet.. Playing around too much today to be accurate, plus I flashed at about 70 % on the battery... Charging up for overnight and run into tomorrow and see how it rolls.
    01-05-2012 09:57 PM
    Doesn't seem as fast as v13. I was over clocking v13 1464 and getting 3300+ on quadrant now I can't Push it over 2200 no matter what governor I use.

However nothing seems broken and nstools works again on my phone. That makes me happy.

01-05-2012 10:30 PM
    I'm not sure what to make of the latest build on kernels. They all seem to be posting low quadrant scores. I personally don't care really because it all comes down to real world performance, I know I sound like a broken record on that...

01-05-2012 10:54 PM
    I'm not sure what to make of the latest build on kernels. They all seem to be posting low quadrant scores. I personally don't care really because it all comes down to real world performance, I know I sound like a broken record on that...

As for quadrant scores, one thing I have noticed is the frames per second had dropped way down on ics. With EVERY ics ROM my FPS are 1/3 of what they are with GB in every video test. . Another part of the quadrant that show a definite slow down from GB is the IO test which seems to take forever on ICS while GB flies through it. These are the reason I that the ICS roms are slower in quadrant than GB.

01-06-2012 06:55 AM
    I'm still playing around with Eugene's speedy 3 with aosp ram disk that also posted. But may try out matrix14 this weekend. What's the upsides of these new governors tho? Swear it seems there's a new governor to learn about every flash lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    01-06-2012 01:07 PM
    I'm still playing around with Eugene's speedy 3 with aosp ram disk that also posted. But may try out matrix14 this weekend. What's the upsides of these new governors tho? Swear it seems there's a new governor to learn about every flash lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    The new lulzactive governor in Matr1x is a mix of goods from the pre existing governors from some brief reading I've done on it.
    01-06-2012 01:11 PM
    Running this now since v14 has released. I'm sold, this kernel at least on my device is the ONE.

Running oICS v43

I've tested deep idle enabled, no problems there but I don't really use screen off activity on my device so its not too much of a benefit to me. But no lockups or anything from it.

Currently testing live OC.

Ran 105% Live OC at 105/840- On Demand with stock volts. No problems.
    Currently testing Live OC at 110% 110/880 Mhz-On Demand with stock volts and so far so good a hour or two into it.

Benchmarks I'm not concerned with so I won't be bothering discussing those, real world is what matters to me.

Great job MK!
    01-07-2012 03:46 PM
    Are you using the BFS or the CFS kernel?

Ran BFS with 105/1050 with fine results.

Didn't really have a need for deep idle so I have it off as well.

Changed my I/o scheduler to noop and seem to be running well too.

Running this now since v14 has released. I'm sold, this kernel at least on my device is the ONE.

Running oICS v43

I've tested deep idle enabled, no problems there but I don't really use screen off activity on my device so its not too much of a benefit to me. But no lockups or anything from it.

Currently testing live OC.

Ran 105% Live OC at 105/840- On Demand with stock volts. No problems.
    Currently testing Live OC at 110% 110/880 Mhz-On Demand with stock volts and so far so good a hour or two into it.

Benchmarks I'm not concerned with so I won't be bothering discussing those, real world is what matters to me.

Great job MK!
    01-07-2012 08:01 PM
    CFS. I never mess with BFS because my phone is already fussy to begin with let alone use BFS versions.

01-07-2012 08:46 PM
    It's funny. I thought BFS would be a bad choice as well, so I have avoided it in the past. This is the first time I've flashed a BFS kernel. And damned if it isn't fast as hell. I haven't had ANY hangups, SODs, or random reboots.

I was thinking I might try the CFS version, but I have no real good reason to do so right now since BFS is running so well.

I've had Live OC set to 110% and have been running 110/880 for the past 12 hours or so without any problems either. Battery's been great, although I have been in an area with very strong wifi....

EDIT: Ooops...just got a reboot with the 110/880. Back to the drawing board....
    01-08-2012 10:55 AM
    Matrix 14.5 is up and running. Go over to xda to download .

Also curious on your cfs/bfs comments. I too have always run cfs, supposedly better for overall use and normal usage, so have things changed since I researched and made a decision sometime ago?

I'm running speedy and love it, thinking about trying matrix again (used forever but had issues on ics kernels). Phone is running so smooth, I almost hate to make changes and try something else. It's been a pleasure tobe on asop v43 with speedy and not be testing, read fixing and band aiding things!!

But will probably out this off, new asus transformer should be here today and once I get ics on it, should be interesting how it hooks up with my phone, vs my ipadnwith iTunes that hates me, and it's mutual!!!
    01-12-2012 08:53 AM
    So I will have to take the plunge and flash v14.5. I'm actually afraid to do so because things have been so stable since going to v14.
    01-12-2012 09:04 AM
    Go for it! It's running great!

01-12-2012 09:32 AM
    Matrix 14.5 is up and running. Go over to xda to download .

Also curious on your cfs/bfs comments. I too have always run cfs, supposedly better for overall use and normal usage, so have things changed since I researched and made a decision sometime ago?

I'm running speedy and love it, thinking about trying matrix again (used forever but had issues on ics kernels). Phone is running so smooth, I almost hate to make changes and try something else. It's been a pleasure tobe on asop v43 with speedy and not be testing, read fixing and band aiding things!!

But will probably out this off, new asus transformer should be here today and once I get ics on it, should be interesting how it hooks up with my phone, vs my ipadnwith iTunes that hates me, and it's mutual!!!
    I have been running the matr1x bfs four 2 days. Much faster and had no issues at all. Even my battery likes it better.

01-12-2012 09:36 AM
    Are you guys running cfs or bfs? And which kernels? I have always used his lazy, and haven't read up on the new ones.
    01-12-2012 09:36 AM
    I always run CFS.... My device is picky enough without running BFS which is a little more unstable but benefits those who game or do heavy multitasking and have tolerant devices.
    01-12-2012 09:52 AM
    Well I just flashed 14.5 (still been on 13 which my phone hated but I was too lazy to change). Only been a few min, but so far its looking better. No more green flash thankfully, because my Voodoo setting would never stick so I gave up adjusting the gamma every time I turned on the phone. Deep Idle actually works now (did nothing before) which I'm hoping helps the battery. Now the question will be if it's stable now and allows me to overclock at all. It feels a bit snappier already.
    01-12-2012 02:18 PM
    So far bfs has been very stable for me.

01-12-2012 04:34 PM
    I am running dooderbutt v5. I just installed 14.5 BFS, sio, lulzactive, 100/1000 and this thing is equally as fast as any GB ROM I was running. Very smooth. No reboots with v14.0 (and so far with 14.5). No lock-ups. No nuthin but speed.
    01-12-2012 08:41 PM
201 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD