[KERNEL][ICS] Matr1x Kernels

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the noob question- but in the original post- CFS vs. BFS versions to download... what's the difference?
Planning to try this with Codename Android.

Thanks in advance.

Cfs is more for multi tasking and stability.

Bfs more for playing games but may be little less stable.

I've used both matr1x versions and my phone ran very well on both. Never had any stability issues with either.

Reactions: whippingboy

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: [KERNEL][ACS]*Matr1x* [ALL VERSIONS including ICS]

Much appreciated. Thx for the explanation. Wierd how different kernels allow different rooted app permissions... I noticed with this new ROM I can only get the voodoo sound and not voodoo color- so glad Matrix re-enables the color settings- can't live without them!

Last edited:

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Re: [KERNEL][ACS]*Matr1x* [ALL VERSIONS including ICS]

It would be awesome if back light notification would be set to off by default.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
That wouldn't make any since. Most people prefer the standard buttons to the on screen buttons.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: [KERNEL][GB][ICS] *Matr1x*

v17.0 is out....

Hit the OP and click on the Source/Link at the top of the page under the ICS versions for the download link.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

lol... Most people like that feature as well. Why disable by default, the features most of us use?

-1 for me.

I prefer the BLN off. I also have the BLD set to 10,000. IMHO, no sense in having any lights burning battery when I don't really take advantages of them...

toothmkr57

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site

ok, I have researched as much as I think i can... everytime i go to install this kernal I get e:signature verification failed... I am rooted and running codename ics 1.3.3 rom for my nexus s 4g.... I have nexusS4Gtwrp installed as the recovery manager... but other than that there's nothing that i can figure..
any help is appreciated

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Do you have md5 check enabled in TWRP? Just a thought, otherwise re download the kernel and try again.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Anyone try the 18.0 version? I'm using it with CM9 Euroskank, and even though it is smooth, my battery life has tanked. I'm going to flash the CM9 optimized version to see if that helps.

demonmz

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site

Hey is this kernel only for galaxy nexus and nexus s? Does it work for galaxy s? And what's the difference between CFS and BFS?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Hey is this kernel only for galaxy nexus and nexus s? Does it work for galaxy s? And what's the difference between CFS and BFS?
Yes its only for the Nexus line.

You can Google the exact description of CFS and BFS but in short..

CFS is a more stable, less likely to cause trouble build of kernel.

BFS is more of a heavy multitasker/gaming version of the kernel and can be buggy at times..

Reactions: demonmz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol