[ROM] ICS SDK Port [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Wanted to ask a quick question. I have read on a couple of different sites that an SDK build will never be as good as a source code build. Is this true? Can this rom be a daily driver at some point?

I think the next update will make it a daily driver, not 100% sure tho.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
ok... the blue color is the odexd version.

the other is a decodexd version, BUT once u are there all u need to do is change a few lines to make it blue......

Jlzdroid

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
yes of course, it can be a daily driver with basic functions. Calls, txt, email, web, apps. ICS features that require the new framework might not be available and/or very hard to hack in which isn't even worth it.

tolgapaksoy

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
the SGX540 libs ARE the EGL libs. They all get loaded.. here's a snippet from my logcat after pushing them and enabling pvrsrvinit

Code:
D/libEGL  (  275): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.so
D/libEGL  (  275): loaded /vendor/lib/egl/libEGL_POWERVR_SGX540_120.so
D/libEGL  (  275): loaded /vendor/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_POWERVR_SGX540_120.so
D/libEGL  (  275): loaded /vendor/lib/egl/libGLESv2_POWERVR_SGX540_120.so

Surface flinger recognizes the GPU

Code:
I/SurfaceFlinger(  253): Client API: OpenGL ES
I/SurfaceFlinger(  253): EGLSurface: 8-8-8-0, config=0x7
I/SurfaceFlinger(  253): OpenGL informations:
I/SurfaceFlinger(  253): vendor    : Imagination Technologies
I/SurfaceFlinger(  253): renderer  : PowerVR SGX 540
I/SurfaceFlinger(  253): version   : OpenGL ES-CM 1.1

This could be why the display color is borked

Code:
E/libEGL  (  241): eglSetSwapRectangleANDROID:1460 error 3008 (EGL_BAD_DISPLAY)

I'm guessing you don't have the source files to be able to compile a working fie.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Dang beezy labeling this as "a fully stable rom" that's talking this B2 up alot. You must have had a productive day.

No reboots all day,text are working,calls working. Had a few FC's here in there but nothing that made things unusable. Theres certain things that are still missing but it's good enough that i could run day to day.
I did have help and them people will get complete credit for there help,they did sum amazing work to get this were its at. Android is a beautiful thing when everyone works together.

justmerob

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
No reboots all day,text are working,calls working. Had a few FC's here in there but nothing that made things unusable. Theres certain things that are still missing but it's good enough that i could run day to day.
I did have help and them people will get complete credit for there help,they did sum amazing work to get this were its at. Android is a beautiful thing when everyone works together.

Ok now i'm giddy to see this in action!

hooperb63

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
im not asking if its up beezy. but i seen the first page of the post and it says fully stable version but there isnt a link is this correct! whats great is like rech said you have got so far in this short space of time. imagine what you can do with more time. google will snap you up soon :p

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure everyone will have their own threshold of how stable a ROM needs to be for everyday use. For my part I am curious to see if the SDK ports can deliver improved browser performance over 2.3, or if that will have to wait for source. (For example, scrolling and pinch-to-zoom in desktop version of androidcentral.com.)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
im not asking if its up beezy. but i seen the first page of the post and it says fully stable version but there isnt a link is this correct! whats great is like rech said you have got so far in this short space of time. imagine what you can do with more time. google will snap you up soon :p

No update yet,the first post will look completely different when it has the new link. I did a very sloppy job and just threw everything together so im going to clean it up. I just wanted to post a new screenshot for everyone to see if they didn't konw what the blue looked like. That also was taken using the built in screen shot app. Holding volume down and power ;)

hooperb63

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
No update yet,the first post will look completely different when it has the new link. I did a very sloppy job and just threw everything together so im going to clean it up. I just wanted to post a new screenshot for everyone to see if they didn't konw what the blue looked like. That also was taken using the built in screen shot app. Holding volume down and power ;)

Check you out beezy with your new screen shot app, your such a geek :cool: lol lol lol

hooperb63

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
can i be a pain beezy and ask you do a few more screen shots please and upload them before i go bed please. so i can dream about ICS :) its 1.24am here in birmingham - united kingdom :p

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
lockscreen.png

notifications.png

settings.png

hooperb63

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
looks amazing mate hopefully when i get up tomorrow i can root my phone and have a go for myself :p does WiFi work dude? also do you think as long as i put recovery on my phone and try this on my phone when its released. if it dont work on my nexus 3g i shouldnt have any problems going back to gingerbread should i? with my backup.

Thanks for taking the time to upload them pics beezy.

Talk to you tomorrow dude. take it easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.