11-15-2011 09:48 PM
2,282 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    soo i was just wondering how do you get to that running apps menu i saw in the demo video on youtube?
    Long press your home button it should come up like your recent apps use to.
    jleon723 likes this.
    10-25-2011 01:09 PM
    Long press your home button it should come up like your recent apps use to.
    Beezy could you perhaps check my question on the previous page? It might be an important one for some of us.
    beezy likes this.
    10-25-2011 01:16 PM
    beezy can you tell me why there isnt a 3g sign on the top of my screen even though im in a 3g area please!!!
    10-25-2011 01:17 PM
    I was able to get root by flashing the newer version of superuser. Thanks to simon.ponder and others for help. So, now you can get roboto font by doing this:

Install superuser version 3.0.6 (efgh version), I got it from androidsu.com/superuser

Flash in recovery (I mounted system, don't know if that's actually necessary)

Download busybox from market and install latest version

Download font installer from market

Open Font Installer and install Roboto font

Reboot

This takes care of everything except lockscreen clock, I'll look into that. I know there are other ways of installing the font, maybe one of them gets the clock as well.
    10-25-2011 01:17 PM
    Lmfao,if only i knew. It's one of those things i can't explain just like my data icon is normal size right now but yesterday it was a small dot. Almost forgot wifi yesterday didn't work for me no matter what i tried then once i posted it i went in and removed my wifi then connected again and it worked.lol
    My 3G icon is tiny, i can barely see it.
    But this rom is running incredible!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    10-25-2011 01:20 PM
    I just registered to say that your work is greatly appreciated, Beezy.
    This SDK port is nothing short of amazing.
    I've only played with it for a few minutes before registering here to comment you on your great work.
    This port is most likely good enough to be a daily driver.
    Please keep up the good work and I can't wait to see updates!
    beezy likes this.
    10-25-2011 01:22 PM
    Beezy could you perhaps check my question on the previous page? It might be an important one for some of us.
    Thanks for pointing the issue and your question out. Im not completely sure on that right now,ill check it out and see.I hadn't signed into anything but google so ill set up my other accounts to see.

beezy can you tell me why there isnt a 3g sign on the top of my screen even though im in a 3g area please!!!
    To guess off the top of my head its just the difference in gsm/cdma. In time it'll probably be worked out.
    tolgapaksoy likes this.
    10-25-2011 01:22 PM
    First off great work Beezy! So after flashing this i got root working but Titanium just hangs when trying to do a restore of any app i have... anyone have any ideas, anyone try titanium yet?
    10-25-2011 01:26 PM
    First off great work Beezy! So after flashing this i got root working but Titanium just hangs when trying to do a restore of any app i have... anyone have any ideas, anyone try titanium yet?
    THanks the last few page should have the info you are looking.I would copy&pasted but im on mobile right now.
    10-25-2011 01:28 PM
    Geez, there was like 50 pages over night.

Is Wimax working yet? I want this so badly, but because I download my DLC on the PSN with my lovely 4G its definitely a requirement for me.

Beezy...if i was to get my hands on a Galaxy Nexus, are there certain files that would help you expedite the process? I might be able to get these files for you (MIGHT being the operative word here).

I was trying to get you a nandroid, which I am sure you would fix that overnight, but I dont think CWM has caught up to the Galaxy Nexus yet.
    10-25-2011 01:36 PM
    Whats the title say.

[WARN]This is at EVERYONE im trying to be cool about this but if everyone can't just enjoy hard work and understand there is going to files from everything that is able to help this build then Im going to have the mods come back in here and start deleting anything that is not about the development or bugs,issues of the rom. THe thread is getting to be very big this has been dealt with a million times last time this topic is to be talked about.[/WARN]
    I appreciate your hard work, I just wondering. Thanks
    10-25-2011 01:40 PM
    Geez, there was like 50 pages over night.

Is Wimax working yet? I want this so badly, but because I download my DLC on the PSN with my lovely 4G its definitely a requirement for me.

Beezy...if i was to get my hands on a Galaxy Nexus, are there certain files that would help you expedite the process? I might be able to get these files for you (MIGHT being the operative word here).

I was trying to get you a nandroid, which I am sure you would fix that overnight, but I dont think CWM has caught up to the Galaxy Nexus yet.
    No 4g yet. I'll pm the other info.
    10-25-2011 01:44 PM
    For those who need/use tethering, WifiTether works! Only works on 3G for obvious reasons.
    10-25-2011 01:50 PM
    can't load some widgets because of screen space issues (engadget widget). Can't use some menu options as well (beautiful widgets: Change position of weather on widget). Also noticing that the market seems to be really slow and buggy... other than that this is a really stable rom for how quickly it got rolling. Also I use Xscope Browser and it is REALLY buggy... but i sort of expected that
    10-25-2011 01:57 PM
    Let me start by giving my thanks. This is awesome work. Great job!!! Many thanks!!!

OK I could be wrong but I haven't seen anything about NFC working. Not a big deal I'm sure its in the works.
    Another issue I'm noticing is my sync is constantly syncing in my notification bar. Is that normal?
    Just wanted to share this in case its just me & if someone could explain the reason why or if its just me.
    Again many thanks Beezy & great work!!!
    10-25-2011 02:03 PM
    Totally blown away. Looks great, love the keyboard, love the way it works. NS4G.

Anyone else having problems accessing the settings menu? I can get it through searching but the settings button on the phone doesn't work. Did a thread search on it and came up dry, plus I've been reading this thread since day 1.
    10-25-2011 02:05 PM
    wifi tries to connect then fails saying poor signal strength. I try forgetting the network but it just keeps failing each time... Stock kernel on nexus s 4g. any tips?
    10-25-2011 02:06 PM
    Totally blown away. Looks great, love the keyboard, love the way it works. NS4G.

Anyone else having problems accessing the settings menu? I can get it through searching but the settings button on the phone doesn't work. Did a thread search on it and came up dry, plus I've been reading this thread since day 1.
    you can access it from the Google Apps button on the home screen.
    10-25-2011 02:07 PM
    Apparently drew is working on a beta 3 for nexus s 3g users, he might even release it tonite. i think drew and beezy need to get together more and work on this team up. 2 minds better than one :-) looking forward to beta3 anyways beta 2 is brilliant at the moment, can i also say that it would be nice to see a 3g sign because in the rom i downloaded from drewgaren for some reason its not displaying 3g just shows this:

thanks.
    10-25-2011 02:07 PM
    dear beezy,
    thanks. from flashing your first two finger rom, with quite strange colors i might add, to this well working put together one, great work.

was curious... i really like some of the background images from the two finger touch build, how could i go about gathering them to use in your newest build?!
    10-25-2011 02:16 PM
    Just want to apologize for yesterday. I should've waited before making stupid, idiotic assumptions and remarks.

Loaded the ROM on my Nexus S 4G, works flawlessly except for NFC doesn't connect and the Manage Applications UI seems sized weird. Also would like to be able to use the Menu key on the homescreen and to be able to add widgets and apps, etc via holding down on the screen.

Has anyone else noticed setting a wallpaper makes the image come out blurry when set? I stretch the box to make it use the entire image, but it is blurry when I set it.

Keep up the good work, thanks!
    10-25-2011 02:18 PM
    I wonder why my wifi doesn't work how comes its working for everyone else!

during the install I got a random offset different each time i tried installing it.
    10-25-2011 02:20 PM
    Apparently drew is working on a beta 3 for nexus s 3g users, he might even release it tonite. i think drew and beezy need to get together more and work on this team up. 2 minds better than one :-) looking forward to beta3 anyways beta 2 is brilliant at the moment, can i also say that it would be nice to see a 3g sign because in the rom i downloaded from drewgaren for some reason its not displaying 3g just shows this:

thanks.
    @Drew @Beezy
    Can anyone tell me what to do with my I9023? Flashed the drew beta 2 rom, gsm worked only for calling, but no gsm or 3G data. Adding my APN data resulted in a force close...

Any chance to integrate support for european GSM in beezy's or draw's ROM? Thanks!
    10-25-2011 02:20 PM
    Beezy,

Just freaking awesome man! So nice to be trying out something like this before Google even officially released it. Great work. Seems very complete with wifi and 3g I couldn't be happier

Sent from my Nexus S 4g running Ice Cream Sandwich. : p
    10-25-2011 02:33 PM
    The only issue that I have noticed is that I don't get su permission. I can't use anything that requires root.
    10-25-2011 02:34 PM
2,282 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD