11-15-2011 09:48 PM
2,282 ... 5253545556 ...
tools
    I don't have any network.
    I can't make call or send text. I read that it can be changed by entering my carrier APN but I can't find Sprint APN.
    Can anyone please provide the APN or if I am doing this wrong, give me the correct solution. Thank you
    10-29-2011 01:53 AM
    Awesome, trying it now. Looks promising
    10-29-2011 01:55 AM
    I have titanium back up working. There is a zip that you flash .somewhere between pages 17-25
    What kind of zip? a fix or a different version of titanium?
    10-29-2011 02:10 AM
    I don't have any network.
    I can't make call or send text. I read that it can be changed by entering my carrier APN but I can't find Sprint APN.
    Can anyone please provide the APN or if I am doing this wrong, give me the correct solution. Thank you
    You have a Nexus s 4g right? and did you factory rest / wipe dalvik / cache though recovery?
    10-29-2011 02:14 AM
    You have a Nexus s 4g right? and did you factory rest / wipe dalvik / cache though recovery?
    i did the wipes. i dont think i did the factory reset. do i do that from cynogenmod or settings? i will redo it
    10-29-2011 02:22 AM
    AMAZING work! (and I thought the WebOS community was great)

Something I noticed is when adding a contact to text message in landscape mode, it doesn't search properly... giving weird (not what you typed in) options or none at all. Works perfectly fine in portrait, but I spend the vast majority of my time with my phone in landscape. (which makes the ICS transitions and landscape usability improvements FANTASTICALLY useful!)

I also experience the Navigation issue mentioned earlier in the thread. The app just kinda peaces out when you start using it/searching. It doesn't do it every time and it works eventually (I'd say about 60% of the time), but the whole app doesn't feel quite right compared to Gingerbread. It's probably that it isn't optimized for ICS quite yet.

Battery life does seem a bit worse. I'm a relatively heavy user... and it MIGHT be that I'm just on it even more than normal (because it's SO awesome), but I don't think so.

I don't know if this is an ICS thing or a problem, but you can't swipe to remove voicemail notifications.

This might be coverage and signal issue, but the wifi and 3G signal strength indicator color seems to be blue 50% of the time and grey 50% of the time. For instance I'll have a half strength wifi signal and it'll be grey instead of blue... and I know I'm connected through wifi because I'll be using it and data transfer rates are very quick. Also there are tiny blinking up and down arrows in the wifi strength indicator.

Overall, it's a JOY to use. It reminds me why I opted to get the Nexus S instead of waiting for the Evo 3D. At the risk of sounding dramatic, I feel like the ROM breathed new life into my Nexus S and have actually decided to stick with it instead of going through the hassle of switching carriers for the Prime. I actually prefer the smaller, sleeker form factor of the NS anyway.

Hope my feedback proves helpful! And out of curiosity, is the font this version is running actually Roboto that Google created or just one that looks very similar?

Thanks so much,
    Tripp
    Charles Dolly and beezy like this.
    10-29-2011 02:23 AM
    i did the wipes. i dont think i did the factory reset. do i do that from cynogenmod or settings? i will redo it
    You just do the factory reset from recovery.
    10-29-2011 02:35 AM
    Bugs or no bugs, I love ICS. Even more, I love to be able to brag to my fellow android geeks that I already have it. I can't seem to put it down. I really appreciate all the work that has gone into it.

I work with software developers every day. There are some that do it because they have to, and others that have a passion for it. It is obvious that these communities have people that love to share their knowledge and passion for what they do. It is good to be able to partake.
    Charles Dolly, beezy and turbofan like this.
    10-29-2011 08:10 AM
    I tried to make my Homescreens the exact same layout as my gingerbread ROM, ive found that if there is to many widgets/home screens are filled up to much that the ROM will reboot itself and will start to run slowly. I do not recommend this ROM as a daily driver but its def something sweet to mess around with. Just my two cents, this is VERY VERY good for an SDK developed ROM, i keep a nandroid of my daily and a nandroid of this ROM at all times on my phone. Beezy thankyou so much for this wonderful work, and all others who have contributed. Cant wait to get the next release, each update has vast improvments over the last. cant wait till you guys get this solid enough to run daily. I love how excited the dude in the youtube video is "OOOOOMMMGG this is just awesome, this is just, oh god, oh my god, oh god, jesus, god, OMG, this is just awesome. Like omg" ha. im prob the only one that thinks that is funny ha. Great WORK!
    Charles Dolly and beezy like this.
    10-29-2011 09:33 AM
    good stuff.. flashed and ran the ROM for a few minutes mainly just to check it out and snap a few screenies to make friends jealous. coming from the Palm Pre and webOS, I'm excited to see some of that stuff being implemented (swipe notifications and task manager). thanks for making this possible
    Charles Dolly likes this.
    10-29-2011 10:29 AM
    i've a question.. wifi works when no sim is inserted. it doesnt work when my sim card is inserted.. anyy ideas???
    10-29-2011 12:05 PM
    i've a question.. wifi works when no sim is inserted. it doesnt work when my sim card is inserted.. anyy ideas???
    This rom is for the N4GS which is CDMA and does not use a sim card. I don't know that anyone here can answer that question.

sent from my neXus S 4G
    Charles Dolly likes this.
    10-29-2011 12:11 PM
    i'm LOVING this ROM. i've been using it as my daily ROM since the 26th and i have all 5 screens filled up(22 apps & 13 widgets) w/o a problem. i can only imagine how much better this ROM be in future releases once we can theme & use a kernel. GREAT job again team. keep up the great work! *tips cap*
    beezy likes this.
    10-29-2011 12:15 PM
    yea i asked it here cuz till now i've no reply on my post in the ns3g thread on xda..
    10-29-2011 12:16 PM
    yea i asked it here cuz till now i've no reply on my post in the ns3g thread on xda..
    Well if there is anyone here that can answer that they will. Everyone here is pretty helpful. Good luck.

sent from my neXus S 4G
    10-29-2011 12:28 PM
    Is anybody having any issues updating gapps. Like Google maps thru the market?
    10-29-2011 12:29 PM
    Well if there is anyone here that can answer that they will. Everyone here is pretty helpful. Good luck.

sent from my neXus S 4G
    yess i hope that :P
    10-29-2011 12:57 PM
    It's partly because the ROM isn't official, I think it's also because Google hasn't released ICS apps via market yet. I think everyone has this error/problem.
    beezy and m3grady2 like this.
    10-29-2011 01:22 PM
    That's weird I wouldn't think sim had anything to do with wifi. Not real sure what happening there but I'll have a look if you can pull a logcat.Easy way to do it would be to run the following

Code:
    adb logcat > logcat.txt
    attach the logcat.txt to your next post and ill have a look at it when i got a chance.
    That's part of the trade off we have with being able to run ICS. This I haven't tried yet but if you get a root file explorer and delete maps from system/app it should install after that. You can also remove it in the command line with the following cmds
    Code:
    adb remount
    adb shell
    cd /system/app
    rm Maps.apk
    exit 
    adb reboot
    m3grady2 and vhgomez36 like this.
    10-29-2011 01:24 PM
    To add to beezys post above this one, if you have Titanium Backup, and want to restore any of your apps, it works best to go to (in Titanium main screen)
    Menu, Preferences, App Processing Mode (@bottom), Interactive.

This allows apps to be installed thru the native package installer, taking into account any differences in how ICS stores/names the apks, versus Gingerbread. In most, or all of my apps, i was able to restore the 'data' portion normally.

Once interactive is selected, find the app you want to restore, click, restore App and Data, click OK to install with package manager, click Done, then the data part should restore automatically after.

. . NS4G . . CM7 . .
    chalan30 likes this.
    10-29-2011 03:10 PM
    Anyone tried using DoggCatcher with ICS? Crazy how it uses the new Dual paned mode.. Not really usable in portrait mode, but alright (and kinda cool) in landscape. Curious if it does this with other apps. Would be awesome layout on a tablet.
    10-29-2011 03:14 PM
    I know drew has been banned from the site. but i must say what a great job he is doing on the nexus s rom. obviously thanks to beezy in the first place of course. he is going to have a beta 5 up tonite. beezy i think you and him should stop what ever happened between ya and work together. he is doing a good job at the moment on the nexus s really making good progress he is also making a droid x rom and now a nexus one rom so he obviously knows what he is doing. I think you and him and the other guys really need to express your ideas together, i believe the lot of ya could really make a jackpot rom.
    10-29-2011 04:59 PM
    Been having an issue since last night. Anytime I reboot my phone shortcut comes up missing from the launcher. Don't know if anyone else is having this issue and also have had some random reboots in the past day.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    10-29-2011 05:16 PM
    All posts not related to development and testing of this rom past this line:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get dinged and deleted.

I like to screw around and crap threads as much as the next guy, but ROM DEV THREADS ARE NOT THE PLACE TO DO IT.
    beezy likes this.
    10-29-2011 05:20 PM
    Day 2 on the ROM and I've been noticing some killer battery life...I've been using it mainly for calls and texts with occasional web browsing (usually i use tweetcaster the most on my phone but it won't load on ICS, im assuming its just not optimized yet, no biggie). Had it off the charger for 19 hours and I still had 51% battery! Stock 2.3.7 I'd be lucky to get half a day out of the thing.

Big ups to Beezy...looking forward to the next release

*crosses fingers for face unlock and panorama camera not lookin silly*

Also, to the guys having problems with their music...I've been streaming my music without any hiccups so I don't really know whats goin on there

And I def agree with not being able to go back to 2.3.7 or even CM 7.1 at this point...the ice cream sandwich is just too delicious, I'll deal with the minor bugs
    beezy likes this.
    10-29-2011 05:26 PM
2,282 ... 5253545556 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD