11-15-2011 09:48 PM
2,282 ... 45678 ...
tools
    It's not that hard to unlock the screen, seriously.
    It is when you try and move the little circle down to the unlock button and your finger hits the end of the screen before it hits the button; then, when you lift your finger to scroll down more the circle jumps back to the top of screen never reaching the unlock button before you finger hits the end of the screen again.
    10-21-2011 04:41 PM
    i'm in too to test on nexus s 3G. not a developer tough. but i would love to test.
    10-21-2011 04:41 PM
    It honestly isnt that hard to get around the interface
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve44TwrRcPg[/YT]
    10-21-2011 04:44 PM
    It honestly isnt that hard to get around the interface

Well, again, it's easier to do as shown in that video when the circle doesn't start at the TOP of the screen.
    10-21-2011 04:46 PM
    Thanks everyone for the video im sure it's helping people understand better as its hard to put into words how exactly to work things at the moment.
    nexus4ever likes this.
    10-21-2011 04:54 PM
    Thanks everyone for the video im sure it's helping people understand better as its hard to put into words how exactly to work things at the moment.
    Calling the touchscreen a bug? I wish android was like this all the time!
    10-21-2011 05:05 PM
    how i can port this to i9000, it is on cm7 base?
    should i use a cm7 kernel?
    sorry i'm a noob on this
    10-21-2011 06:00 PM
    how i can port this to i9000, it is on cm7 base?
    should i use a cm7 kernel?
    sorry i'm a noob on this
    No this it's based on the Android sdk, nothing to do with CM. Main focus here is to get it going on the ns4g for now then other models later. if this won't work on your phone at all rightmost then you need to rework the boot.img with your kernel.
    justmerob likes this.
    10-21-2011 06:07 PM
    Breezy this works so well.. I sent my first text on ice cream sandwich. If you get touch screen working Id use this as a daily for a day or two. I'll be checking this thread every 10 min for the b2
    beezy likes this.
    10-21-2011 06:27 PM
    No this it's based on the Android sdk, nothing to do with CM. Main focus here is to get it going on the ns4g for now then other models later. if this won't work on your phone at all rightmost then you need to rework the boot.img with your kernel.
    ok well i will stay and see, thanks
    10-21-2011 06:30 PM
    just keep up the hard work guys we will work round it lads :-) its going to take time. but lke bezzy said if we all try and get it working on one handset first then we will know how to get around it for other devices. team work team work :-)
    beezy likes this.
    10-21-2011 07:02 PM
    It would be really fun using swype with this touchscreen!
    10-21-2011 08:41 PM
    It would be really fun using swype with this touchscreen!
    Omg seriously it would be crazy! Lol
    10-21-2011 08:46 PM
    First off thank you "BEEZY" for the swift work ive been fallowing this since you posted it congratulations to your sister as well... I haven't watched the video and don't know if this is in it but in the settings there is an option for mouse sensitivity raise it a lil bit and it becomes easier to use and more responsive... thanks again looking forward to b2

Watch out for the idrones!!!
    beezy likes this.
    10-21-2011 09:08 PM
    i'm a i9020t user from china,wish u could bring the ics sdk port to my phone,thx!
    10-21-2011 09:25 PM
    Tried it on my nexus s 4G couldnt get passed lockscreen
    10-21-2011 09:57 PM
    Tried it on my nexus s 4G couldnt get passed lockscreen
    You have to use two fingers on the touchscreen and get the circle over where you're trying to press...it's very difficult to navigate the phone right now. Don't worry about it. It's just about exploring - not driving.
    beezy and justmerob like this.
    10-21-2011 10:05 PM
    2 finger touch works for me but the only buttons working are power and volume... not even the back button. If I enter a program I cant get back to the homescreen :-(
    10-22-2011 05:12 AM
    2 finger touch works for me but the only buttons working are power and volume... not even the back button. If I enter a program I cant get back to the homescreen :-(
    Are you running a NS4g or a nexus s?
    10-22-2011 05:14 AM
    just a NS, not the 4g... I got a rom version from internet called ICS_sdk-port-dirty-ns_tmo_beta-1b.zip.
    It works but the buttons don't.
    10-22-2011 05:22 AM
    just a NS, not the 4g... I got a rom version from internet called ICS_sdk-port-dirty-ns_tmo_beta-1b.zip.
    It works but the buttons don't.
    Okay thats the issue is your is different,right now im focusing on the NS4G. Its nothing against the non 4G nexus just i don't have one and testing stuff now is super hard so i couldn't even dream of trying to trouble shoot the S version blindly. I have a few ideas of why you guys our having these issues,i plan to make extra files for S version users to flash over the rom to hopefully add the same functions 4G users have. Im not sure who is working on the port of this to the tmo but they are welcome to hit me up and ill try to help them sense they would have a phone to test or just hang in there and ill add the extra files for s users next update.
    justmerob likes this.
    10-22-2011 05:32 AM
    Ok thx for the explanation :-)

I'm always in for testing things out on my NS.
    I added you on Google+

maybe the guy who fixed the rom for N1 knows what the issue is with the touchscreen.
    dr1337md's Channel - YouTube

I got a lot of spare time so if you need me you can find me :-)
    justmerob likes this.
    10-22-2011 05:43 AM
    Ok thx for the explanation :-)

I'm always in for testing things out on my NS.
    I added you on Google+

maybe the guy who fixed the rom for N1 knows what the issue is with the touchscreen.
    dr1337md's Channel - YouTube

I got a lot of spare time so if you need me you can find me :-)
    Thanks, I know exactly what guy your talking about i've have already sent him off a email and got a reply but am still waiting on more info from him. If other people that are trying to port this rom to another phone ill gladly speak with them and try to help get this going my whole hopes in getting this up was so everyone could play around with ICS cause we all love new roms for our phones and for everyone to help each other get this running as smooth as possible. I started doing this all based on a joke and got this far so i know with enough time and effort things should get a lot better.
    I'll make sure to remember you for testing.
    justmerob likes this.
    10-22-2011 05:51 AM
    Just your local crackhead checking in here :-)
    10-22-2011 09:51 AM
    BTW I just ordered the Galaxy Nexus 32Gb version
    not so cheap... 600,- Euro
    10-22-2011 09:59 AM
2,282 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD