11-15-2011 09:48 PM
2,282 ... 6768697071 ...
tools
    the ics build with the new launcher seems to be pretty smooth over all.i'm not sure if it has hardware acceleration or not but even without it, its really good. thanks beezy and everyone else involved.
    11-03-2011 10:14 PM
    Only issue I've seen so far Batting is that certain widgets say they are 5x1 and won't add to the homescreen stating there is not enough free space. The power control widget comes to mind as the first I tried
    Hmm, odd. My guess would be that since the launcher is from the Galaxy Nexus app dump, the widgets were made to fit right on the larger 4.65 inch screen

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    11-03-2011 10:17 PM
    Any whatsapp users out there? How are you adding contacts? It won't add mine.
    11-03-2011 10:20 PM
    Well that sucks.... anything we can do to workaround?
    11-03-2011 10:21 PM
    Well that sucks.... anything we can do to workaround?
    Not with this rendition of the ROM. With beezys version it'll obviously work correctly bur you won't get the new launcher. When a full system dump is uploaded, beezy will be able to make the launcher how it is now but fix everything up. Shouldn't be long till the dump is released.

11-03-2011 10:24 PM
    Now that the GN is rooted should we expect a rom dump soon?
    11-03-2011 10:58 PM
    Problem fixed. Download link on the first page is not working correctly.
    11-03-2011 11:02 PM
    The bar wouldnt look cutoff if it didnt have the box around it. I like that the original on has just the underline

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    11-03-2011 11:06 PM
    I think apps closed in the multitasking switcher stay closed for good, it seems.
    Can anyone else confirm this?
    11-03-2011 11:42 PM
    Can anyone else confirm this?
    I can say that after I throw away apps and open another app or simply relaunch the multitasker I see some if not all the older apps again. I think once or twice have they stayed dead for good.
    11-03-2011 11:54 PM
    Anyway to update gapps?
    11-04-2011 12:48 AM
    I can say that after I throw away apps and open another app or simply relaunch the multitasker I see some if not all the older apps again. I think once or twice have they stayed dead for good.
    Same here. I was hopeful that this update would make the multitasking act as a killer as well, but that does not seem to be the case.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    11-04-2011 01:04 AM
    Task killer working for me as well
    11-04-2011 01:09 AM
    New market does not tho any one else try to download and install just say application not installed
    11-04-2011 01:14 AM
    Same here. I was hopeful that this update would make the multitasking act as a killer as well, but that does not seem to be the case.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

It wouldn't (in the version with the new launcher) because I wasn't able to change anything related to the multitasking switcher. I'll have a a look later though

11-04-2011 05:15 AM
    Has anyone gotten any calendar app from the market to work? I have tried Business Calendar and Calendar Pad and neither can see my calendar. I seem to only be able to use the embedded calendar app. Anyone?
    11-04-2011 06:14 AM
    For those that want the launcher that is in the rom batting posted if they don't want to flash another rom. Download the attached apk and install with a file manager. I choose not to use this launcher in the rom cause of the issue with the search area and losing 360 rotation.

Launcher2.apk
    Dumb question, but here goes. Can this be uninstalled if it "breaks" my currently smooth running original 3.5 update? Thanks
    pitmasterme likes this.
    11-04-2011 06:47 AM
    Dumb question, but here goes. Can this be uninstalled if it "breaks" my currently smooth running original 3.5 update? Thanks
    You shouldn't have a problem swapping backing to the original launcher......I didn't.

Long days and pleasant nights............
    11-04-2011 06:56 AM
    Has anyone gotten any calendar app from the market to work? I have tried Business Calendar and Calendar Pad and neither can see my calendar. I seem to only be able to use the embedded calendar app. Anyone?
    From what I understand, there's no calendar app as of yet that can interact with the new ICS calendar.

Sent on Ice Cream Sandwich from the future of Android
    11-04-2011 07:02 AM
    Can anybody tell me why I have a "data usage warning" in my notification bar & how to get rid of it? Its kinda annoying...
    Besides that I'm loving everything about ICS & can't wait for official release...

Mmmmm...ice cream...
    11-04-2011 07:58 AM
    So, I saw yesterday that the Galaxy Nexus has been rooted. Will that allow a ROM dump to build from instead of the emulator?

I remember about 100 pages back someone hinting that they were working on getting a ROM dump from a Galaxy Nexus, but didn't hear any follow-ups.

Productivity: I've been running the ICS-dirty-alpha-3.5 since it was uploaded, and I've noticed the following (sorry if already mentioned, just reconfirming to those that are interested):
    • Google Search widget on home screen is flakey. Sometimes just quits in the middle of typing.
    • Timeout Lock doesn't always 'lock' the phone.
    • Locking the phone doesn't always 'lock' the phone.
    • WiFi has always worked for me, no problems.
    • Applications have always installed fine (from on Phone and from web market)
    11-04-2011 08:43 AM

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    If I remember right, Google specifically said during the ICS/Galaxy Nexus announcement that swiping the previously used apps away did not close the apps. They're relying on Android's built-in app memory management.

11-04-2011 09:23 AM
    If I remember right, Google specifically said during the ICS/Galaxy Nexus announcement that swiping the previously used apps away did not close the apps. They're relying on Android's built-in app memory management.

I hope that works once the source is out because as of now, from my experience, it's not doing a very good job of that. I am OCD when it comes to my battery and I have found that unlike Gingerbread this leaves apps running forever. I have closed out apps and 5-6 hours later they are still in cache trickling little bits of juice from the battery where GB would completely close them out after a much shorter period of time. None of the apps have push notifications running so there's no reason for them to be running. Just some thing I noticed.

sent from my neXus S 4G
    11-04-2011 10:44 AM
    Is there a way to add more homepages to say...7?
    11-04-2011 11:15 AM
    Galaxy nexus system dump, apps, boot everything now available!!
    Front Page news here at android central!!
    http://www.androidcentral.com/galaxy-nexus-boot-recovery-and-system-dumps-now-available

Sent from my Nexus S 4G with Ice Cream Sandwich
    dawnadevin likes this.
    11-04-2011 11:31 AM
2,282 ... 6768697071 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD