11-15-2011 09:48 PM
2,282 ... 7576777879 ...
tools
    I honestly don't see the point in this...
    Changing how the download icon looks??? Settings icons??? What's the point???

Mmmm...ice cream....
    To make it look more like ICS...since this is, um, an ICS ROM...I think?????

If you don't like it, keep it to yourself. No one said you had to do it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    11-06-2011 05:38 PM
    wasn't hating just my opinion...
    Besides...seemed a lil complicated to do just for some icons.
    Not a dev so I can't really say much but give my opinion.
    Excuse me If I offended anyone...

Mmmm...ice cream....
    11-06-2011 06:04 PM
    This project started by fusing the sdk port with some parts of Gingerbread in order to get it to boot. Most of the obvious visual things have now been updated to the ICS versions. There are still a few outstanding. None are essential, of course, but it's kind of fun to find them, track them down and fix. The same way if you were building a theme you'd want everything to be consistent.

vhgomez36 likes this.
    11-06-2011 06:07 PM
    People can get a little testy around here when it comes to their taste in Ice Cream Sandwiches. ;-)

Sent from my neXus s 4G
    11-06-2011 06:07 PM
    To make it look more like ICS...since this is, um, an ICS ROM...I think?????

If you don't like it, keep it to yourself. No one said you had to do it.

Hey Batting,
    I liked the idea man... so just keep them coming. I didn't even notice the icons at setting menu until you mentioned it . Thanks!
    11-06-2011 06:10 PM
    OCD

Mmmm...ice cream....
    11-06-2011 06:15 PM
    OCD

Mmmm...ice cream....
    Yeah lol

11-06-2011 06:17 PM
    Hey Batting,
    I liked the idea man... so just keep them coming. I didn't even notice the icons at setting menu until you mentioned it . Thanks!
    No prob. Bothered me xD

11-06-2011 06:18 PM
    Me: "Check out my phone, it's running ICS!"

iUser: "What's up with your download icon? I call shenanigans!"

Me: "..."

(It made more sense when it was fonts, wallpaper, launcher etc. but still.)

trippworthy likes this.
    11-06-2011 06:19 PM
    [QUOTE=Batting1000;1386205]Yeah lol
    Good to see u have a sense of humor lol
    I appreciate everything just like to lighten the mood every now & then...
    Just waiting impatiently for official update & see the roms that come afterwards...
    Man patience suck lol...

Mmmm...ice cream....
    11-06-2011 06:27 PM
    Me: "Check out my phone, it's running ICS!"

iUser: "What's up with your download icon? I call shenanigans!"

Me: "..."

(It made more sense when it was fonts, wallpaper, launcher etc. but still.)

Lol. Its the official icon though!

11-06-2011 06:31 PM
    What do you guys make of this? Sometimes it's in there as "Google Reader", other times just "Reader". I haven't tried to change the name or anything.

Did u make sure there aren't 2 google reader installed? One may be ice cream sandwich while other may be from market.

Sent from my Google Nexus S 4G
    11-06-2011 06:33 PM
    Did u make sure there aren't 2 google reader installed? One may be ice cream sandwich while other may be from market.

Sent from my Google Nexus S 4G
    Google Reader doesn't come pre installed

11-06-2011 06:34 PM
    It is a prior version installed from an APK (the one from the market force-closes). It is not in there twice, it actually changes names.

11-06-2011 06:37 PM
    It is a prior version installed from an APK (the one from the market force-closes). It is not in there twice, it actually changes names.

Does it force close when you try to open an article?

11-06-2011 06:38 PM
    Lol. Its the official icon though!

Right, the icon/font/wallpaper fixes are necessary to avoid the embarrassing conversation. Thanks for the detailed instructions.

11-06-2011 06:41 PM
    Right, the icon/font/wallpaper fixes are necessary to avoid the embarrassing conversation. Thanks for the detailed instructions.

Yeah, would be weird showing off ICS and have some icons look weird then get questioned.

11-06-2011 06:44 PM
    how do I remove the "data usage warning" from my notification bar?

11-06-2011 07:14 PM
    Anyway to make the clock blue ?
    11-06-2011 07:14 PM
    how do I remove the "data usage warning" from my notification bar?

Not sure what it does, but try turning off "Mobile Data" in Settings > Data Usage.
    11-06-2011 07:20 PM
    Anyway to make the clock blue ?
    Not yet, but I think in the next major update to this ROM it may be done.
    11-06-2011 07:20 PM
    Ok, here's the steps for changing the Downloads icon to Android 4.0 and fixing up the look of the Settings sections so they all have the right icons. Check back one page to see what I mean. To both of the following, you'll need the android sdk manager and tools with everything up to date and "SAMSUNG USB Driver for Mobile Phones" downloaded from the SDK manager. (Let me know if you can't find that, i'll help.) Back up your system, as always, then delete "DownloadProviderUI.apk" from your phone using a root file explorer. Reboot your phone. Continue on to the following steps:

Download icon:

When we finish, it will look like this: Click to view quoted image

Step 1: Plug in your phone and turn on USB debugging by going to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging. Your Nexus S 4G must be running this ROM. I only tried this on the latest 3.6 release from yesterday.

Step 2: Browse to the "tools" folder in the program files. On Windows, go to (My) Computer > double clock the "C:" drive, go to Program Files, Android, android-sdk, tools, then finally double click ddms.bat. If that doesn't open up, right click it and click "Run as Administrator".

Step 3: Let it open up and when it does, you'll see a string of letters in numbers with a tiny image of a phone to the left of it. If you don't see this, make sure USB debugging is on. Click that, then click the Device menu at the top and choose File Explorer.

Step 4: Download the following file and put it on your desktop.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15668564/DownloadProviderUi.apk

Step 5: Go to system then app

Step 6: Click on any .apk in that folder, then choose the icon at the top left with a small phone with an arrow on it facing the right. Click it, then find the apk we downloaded in Step 4. Double click it click open if it doesn't automatically. "DownloadProviderUI.apk" will be added to the list of apks. Then, click that apk and choose the same icon we chose before, the one with the arrow facing the right.

Step 7: Go to your app drawer and check to see if Downloads has been added to it. Then icon should be the new downloads icon as see above. If not, reboot your phone, then check.

Changing the Settings app as see on the previous page:

Follow the same steps as above, including the steps in the paragraph at the top of this post first.

When you get to step 4, download the following file instead of the Downloads apk.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15668564/Settings.apk

Follow the same exact steps after step 4, except you'll be dealing with the Settings apk from above, instead of the Downloads apk.

If you need any help, please let me know via PM or here. Post letting me know how it worked out for you.

PS: I tried just deleting the original files then trying to install them by copying to system/app on my phone and it didn't work which is why I tried this.
    Followed this, but when I got to deleting the DownloadProviderUI.apk from my phone, it keeps saying" Deleting file....
    Then after a few seconds,
    File not deleted....

What could I be doing wrong?
    11-06-2011 07:21 PM
    Followed this, but when I got to deleting the DownloadProviderUI.apk from my phone, it keeps saying" Deleting file....
    Then after a few seconds,
    File not deleted....

What could I be doing wrong?
    What are you using to delete it?
    11-06-2011 07:22 PM
    Not sure what it does, but try turning off "Mobile Data" in Settings > Data Usage.
    it comes back on once I turn the mobile data back on.

11-06-2011 07:24 PM
    it comes back on once I turn the mobile data back on.

I'm really not sure, I don't get those notifications.
    11-06-2011 07:26 PM
2,282 ... 7576777879 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD