Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Fully stable working port of IcedCoryStreater
aka ICS

ICS.jpg

You must read this whole first post.

[WARN]
FAQ:

Q: Should the menu button work while on the home screen?
A: No. It doesn’t work at this time. It should still work within apps.

Q: Can I change themes? Kernels? I need Voodoo! BLN! CANDY!!
A: Chill. This is an SDK port that is in the early stages of development – it’s not even really supposed to work. Feel free to play with flashing these things, but nobody has had success with it yet, and don’t report any issues.

Q: Continuous sync symbol?
A: It’s an issue with one of your google apps. Make sure none are trying to update. Make sure you don’t have any incompatible apps installed.

Q: NFC?
A: No. An emulator doesn’t have NFC, neither does this rom, for now.
[/WARN]
Stop by and say thanks to turbofan for the F.A.Q.

Blue-ICS-Update.png

All NON Sprint Nexus S 4G users Please make it clear when posting which version of the nexus you have.If you flash to a non 4G,I know about your issues please wait to post the problems.

This is going to be a work in progress.

Please don't copy&paste this thread elsewhere,just link to this thread.
Not everything will work from the get go on.
Im going to work on this a lot more for the rest of the day and should have a link up here later tonight.

Im still going to say it's a dirty post as things need a lot of cleaning up,but I know everyone is ready for a update.

[WARN]MAKE A NADROID BACKUP
Not my fault if you break your phone this has only been tested on NS4G from sprint.[/WARN]

If you want to help out please download and post anything you can to help or pm me and ill add it to the rom.

Small list of issues that im working on
-wifi <-- works almost all the time small issues.
-BT <--I haven't checked it out

Working
-3G audio doesn't work
-camera <-you'll get FC's sum times
-take it for a run and find out the rest for yourself.
-SU is now added.

Don't be shocked if it doesn't look or have everything that a official rom would have this is thrown together with what would make it work. If you want to change the look go for it.

Huge thanks/Credits to
warttack
for all his help.

Thanks to
- Cory Streater
- Google
- Charles Dolly for the help making it "Butterfly Smooth"
- Drew Walton for his server
- Paul O'Brien MoDaCo
-D2dyno <--Thanks.
-batting1000 <--for getting the icon and other things looking/working better!
-the few others i forgot ill add you once i get your name again;)
- Any and all that have helped gave ideas,tips anything
If i forgot you send me a pm and ill gladly add you.
[NOTE]
How to flash ROM
-Download ROM
-Place root of SDcard
-Boot into recovery
-Make Nadroid backup
-Full wipe data,cache,dalvik
-Should only need to cache if coming from 3.2
-Flash name of .zip
-Reboot
[/NOTE]

[INFO]TO Download the ROM you need to understand the following.
This is all done in fun, if you don't like it you are not forced to use it or even flash it. If you understand that this is all in fun and enjoyment then download and give it a run.

Agree

Yes No

ICS-dirty-alpha-3.6-current
ICS-dirty-alpha-3.5-old
ICS-dirty-alpha-3.2-old

[/INFO]
If you don't have a NS4G very good idea not to flash.
Once i get the edits made for other nexus version ill post them.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2uW7txxVjM[/YT]

Last edited:

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: [rom] ics sdk port {wip}

Soooooo. The buttons work? Do we know if that's how they'll be on the official nexus s build or is that something you did?

Still have support for the buttons,really google couldn't take that out then every phone mf would have to code them back in and updates would take years then.lol

Reactions: turbofan

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

At this point I would say lets leave the questions on the side until beezy gets a beta out to play with. I'm sure we will all have are share of questions then and I'm sure beezy has his own too :)

Bottom line lets not slow this person down in their progress, I'm very pleased this is being done here at Android Central. Thank you for this beezy !

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
At this point I would say lets leave the questions on the side until beezy gets a beta out to play with. I'm sure we will all have are share of questions then and I'm sure beezy has his own too :)

Bottom line lets not slow this person down in their progress, I'm very pleased this is being done here at Android Central. Thank you for this beezy !

I was anxious..good to know its in there. :)

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Beezy > genius.

Nuff said.

Also (and I also mentioned this on G+), I predict a decently working build before the official release of the Galaxy Nexus. Not an expectation, just a prediction based on beezy's past work :D

onumis

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

When you are able to release a beta will it be only for the nexus or will i be able to try it on my G2?

turbofan

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Sorry guys I only have a ns4g so getting this to work on other phones will be left to the community. The nexus s might be able to use it or it might require edits that something someone would have to test.

You are currently my favorite person, Beezy. I'm also up for Beta testing if there's any way I can help. I am not a developer but I enjoy tweaking and flashing and I like giving feedback!

Awesome project. As soon as it's up and working decently, put up a donate link!

Edit: I now see you have a donate button in your sig. After it's on my phone, you can bet your bippy I'll be clicking that button.

Last edited:

onumis

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Sorry guys I only have a ns4g so getting this to work on other phones will be left to the community. The nexus s might be able to use it or it might require edits that something someone would have to test.

It's all good siulmagic is working on it for the G2. It's a race :)

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

A race eh? Now that sounds interesting. Count me in.

Beezy you outdid yourself on this one. It didnt take u long to get it up. What was that... less than 24 hours?? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.