[ROM] ICS SDK Port [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jin5

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
the ics build with the new launcher seems to be pretty smooth over all.i'm not sure if it has hardware acceleration or not but even without it, its really good. thanks beezy and everyone else involved.

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Only issue I've seen so far Batting is that certain widgets say they are 5x1 and won't add to the homescreen stating there is not enough free space. The power control widget comes to mind as the first I tried

Hmm, odd. My guess would be that since the launcher is from the Galaxy Nexus app dump, the widgets were made to fit right on the larger 4.65 inch screen

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Well that sucks.... anything we can do to workaround?

Not with this rendition of the ROM. With beezys version it'll obviously work correctly bur you won't get the new launcher. When a full system dump is uploaded, beezy will be able to make the launcher how it is now but fix everything up. Shouldn't be long till the dump is released.

jinsoku3g

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
The bar wouldnt look cutoff if it didnt have the box around it. I like that the original on has just the underline

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

cntchds

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I can say that after I throw away apps and open another app or simply relaunch the multitasker I see some if not all the older apps again. I think once or twice have they stayed dead for good.

Same here. I was hopeful that this update would make the multitasking act as a killer as well, but that does not seem to be the case.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I was hopeful that this update would make the multitasking act as a killer as well, but that does not seem to be the case.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

It wouldn't (in the version with the new launcher) because I wasn't able to change anything related to the multitasking switcher. I'll have a a look later though

Last edited:

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone gotten any calendar app from the market to work? I have tried Business Calendar and Calendar Pad and neither can see my calendar. I seem to only be able to use the embedded calendar app. Anyone?

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
For those that want the launcher that is in the rom batting posted if they don't want to flash another rom. Download the attached apk and install with a file manager. I choose not to use this launcher in the rom cause of the issue with the search area and losing 360 rotation.

Launcher2.apk

Dumb question, but here goes. Can this be uninstalled if it "breaks" my currently smooth running original 3.5 update? Thanks

Reactions: pitmasterme

keebler021

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone gotten any calendar app from the market to work? I have tried Business Calendar and Calendar Pad and neither can see my calendar. I seem to only be able to use the embedded calendar app. Anyone?

From what I understand, there's no calendar app as of yet that can interact with the new ICS calendar.

Sent on Ice Cream Sandwich from the future of Android

RMM1981

Banned
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Can anybody tell me why I have a "data usage warning" in my notification bar & how to get rid of it? Its kinda annoying...
Besides that I'm loving everything about ICS & can't wait for official release...

Mmmmm...ice cream...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12