[ROM] ICS SDK Port [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeigan

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Mainly because this is still sdk and it has no settings or anything to deal with wimax. Plus until we have source we can't update the tools to decompile certain things and add in those type of options. That's mainly the hold up on Bluetooth but there other ways to tweak bluetooth just none have worked yet.

You just answered what I was about to ask. Was hoping this update would have the bluetooth issue resolved. You see, on the weekends I do deliveries for a restaurant, and without bluetooth, no voice navigation or music. Sure they're commodities, but regular radio sucks. Anywho, I know you are working hard on getting it working, so no rush. Still liked what I saw when I was using the beta before switching back. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: beezy

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
That worked.

Got the Galaxy Nexus launcher on and I see what you meant about the crashing, beezy. Crashes in the app drawer when doing some stuff, or right after going to widgets or the second page of the app drawer.

Yeah, i wish it didn't crash from the start or i would have switched to it. The only launchers that seem to work good are the only originally in the rom and the one you like. Hope to have that all figured out very soon.

Thanks...I am reverting back to the original launcher as the wallpaper has a bug that keeps turning the screen black.

It's all personal choice right about now if you choose the updated one the search thing at top is a little cut off and no full rotation too.

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, i wish it didn't crash from the start or i would have switched to it. The only launchers that seem to work good are the only originally in the rom and the one you like. Hope to have that all figured out very soon..

Are you aware of what's causing the crashes or do you just not know how to fix them?

I wish the one I added to the ROM had the search widget look normal like the crashing version I have now. Is it possible to switch it over?

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I mean, look how good it looks :/

screenshot2011110517343.png

vhgomez36

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't use rom manager so i don't know exactly,but what are trying to do that makes it force close?

Just backing up Rom and fixing permissions once in a while so I wont have to go into recovery manually. Know big deal...its probably not compatible yet. No worries!

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Are you aware of what's causing the crashes or do you just not know how to fix them?

I wish the one I added to the ROM had the search widget look normal like the crashing version I have now. Is it possible to switch it over?

Yeah i got a about a million error logs to look through. It's really a never ending circle right now fix/break over and over again. It's just a matter of hitting that sweet spot with the right mix of new files and old files.

Just backing up Rom and fixing permissions once in a while so I wont have to go into recovery manually. Know big deal...its probably not compatible yet. No worries!

I think i know what the issue is and not real sure it can be addressed until source or a official release is out. If i get a little extra time ill check it out.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to get flak for this I'm sure but I have to ask it anyways...doesn't this 183 page thread seem ridiculous to anyone else? Think of all the time spent typing each of these replies, all the time that went into the work behind this rom, all the time spent checking and reading this thread. It's probably teetering thousands of hours. For what? For a half-baked ROM based on an SDK that will end up getting replaced by a full fledged update straight from Google in a few weeks? Can we not think of better things to do with our time? To me, writing this post is a useful use of time because I hope that a few minutes on my part can help many others save a great deal of time.

Gee thanks glad you took the time to help out. I take it you didn't bother to read the first post either. I CHOOSE TO DO THIS BECAUSE I CAN. I didn't see you do it so you must be one of them haters that can't do it themselves so they would rather hate.
THANKS FOR THE LAUGH TROLL

@ EVERYONE else don't reply to this troll thanks.

vhgomez36

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to get flak for this I'm sure but I have to ask it anyways...doesn't this 183 page thread seem ridiculous to anyone else? Think of all the time spent typing each of these replies, all the time that went into the work behind this rom, all the time spent checking and reading this thread. It's probably teetering thousands of hours. For what? For a half-baked ROM based on an SDK that will end up getting replaced by a full fledged update straight from Google in a few weeks? Can we not think of better things to do with our time? To me, writing this post is a useful use of time because I hope that a few minutes on my part can help many others save a great deal of time.

Dang Dud!!! What fun will you have waiting?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

You're confusing end with means. It would be like saying why spend so much time on a crossword puzzle, when you can just turn it over and get the answers in seconds? This is a hobby for developers, because they enjoyed what they do, as do people who flash their work.

Sent from my Google Nexus S

jinsoku3g

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site

your response is longer than most posts

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
No more trolling on this thread or posting others hard work as your own. Either be productive in the development or take your thoughts elsewhere.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

dizywizy

Banned
Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Dang Dud!!! What fun will you have waiting?

Haha, I think fun would be spent working on something that would have longevity. This ROM is going to be largely pointless once google releases it for the NS4G. But I see your points from earlier posts, especially the crossword analogy...interesting way of putting it. Thanks!!

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Haha, I think fun would be spent working on something that would have longevity. This ROM is going to be largely pointless once google releases it for the NS4G

Last chance either stop with the trolling and get over it as I did this and took my personal time to do it. I haven't asked you for anything or made you flash anything.

Reactions: ashmiller and tr0s
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781