[ROM] ICS SDK Port [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightyear420

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just here to check in to see if you already knew the Ice Cream Sandwich system dump is available

That is only the system folder from the rom....there is much more needed than just what is contained there. In all reality, for the rom to function properly, the files missing from the dump you linked are the most important ones, and we don't have them.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Negative...

Think of it like this...

SDK is the stripped BARE BONES OS.

Its like having a windows computer... with NO device drivers or any frills.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Just here to check in to see if you already knew the Ice Cream Sandwich system dump is available

That is from the sdk,compare it to the files in the rom they match,this is still missing the files a real system dump from the galaxy nexus would have.

That is only the system folder from the rom....there is much more needed than just what is contained there. In all reality, for the rom to function properly, the files missing from the dump you linked are the most important ones, and we don't have them.

There's nothing extra in that zip from that link it's just the sdk.

Can't we get them from the sdk?

In my daze of sleepiness last night i think i might have caught on to the way to solve the two point issue. It's not fixed yet but hopefully later today ill have that solved.

Reactions: justmerob

xJRECHx

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey beezy I've been trying to get a hold of the dev who got touch to work on the N1. Have you talked to him? Because the touch on the N1 looks pretty incredible for an sdk.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey beezy I've been trying to get a hold of the dev who got touch to work on the N1. Have you talked to him? Because the touch on the N1 looks pretty incredible for an sdk.

Yes I have,his work is kind of what made the light kick on and realize how to go about removing the circle(two point touch).

xJRECHx

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I figured it would. I haven't been able to contact him Ive been trying to help with the touch do you need any help with that still or has that problem been solved?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I figured it would. I haven't been able to contact him Ive been trying to help with the touch do you need any help with that still or has that problem been solved?

Nope it's not solved, i have a few idea of what it is now. Im trying to test them now. I want everyone to take a shoot at fixing things if there comfortable with doing so,I encourage everyone to rip this apart and fix anything you can. I wouldn't be upset at all if someone fixes stuff ill glad link to their post,give them huge credit on first post and add their work to this rom. Im all for the community to help 100 minds working on things is better then 1.:D

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Sounds good man I'll keep you posted if i get lucky. If you think you have it and need a tester PM me.

Thanks,
This is just speaking in general. I know there's people that have never used my work and i know there's sum that have so they know how i usually do things. When im working on a rom I do it for just the plan fun and enjoyment of having something elsse to play with on my phone. I don't expect anything for what i do no fame,not to be the first best or the greatest just to have a rom to enjoy and function properly.
With all that said I generally don't do testers,i do some hacking flash to my phone to make sure the basic stuff works and then release,im not a rom tease if one person has it then everyone should have it.lol
I do however sometimes need feed back on how things act on others phones and then i usually at random go in and pick someone that has says they would like to test and shoot them a pm.

tolgapaksoy

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
User blunden from xda just found out how to get logcat working. Logcat might give you guys some insight:

"Removing /system/bin/sh and replacing it with a symlink to /system/bin/ash seems to have worked. Now I can run logcat at boot at least."

decalex

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
just to forward along another message, seraphimserapis on xda said this:
"In order to get touchscreen working you guys need an own .idc file in /usr/idc that is calibrated to the device."

I know he's done some work on the Nexus One ICS port. Maybe he could help if needed.

Here's the post/thread: ICS Nexus S 4G [WIP] - Page 2 - xda-developers Btw.. this linked thread is just a thread someone created that links directly to this thread...

tolgapaksoy

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
just to forward along another message, seraphimserapis on xda said this:
"In order to get touchscreen working you guys need an own .idc file in /usr/idc that is calibrated to the device."

I know he's done some work on the Nexus One ICS port. Maybe he could help if needed.

Here's the post/thread: ICS Nexus S 4G [WIP] - Page 2 - xda-developers Btw.. this linked thread is just a thread someone created that links directly to this thread...

Following your tip alex, I fired up that file and it seems those idc files are probably related to the touch screen, and if the device is using a hardware qwerty keyboard. It's both set to yes, but we don't have a keyboard.

Also, a cursor is set to 1. This is most definitely the weird scrolling where it's actually thinking your touchscreen moves around a hardware mouse.
If you were to delete the cursor and qwerty lines, things should be much better.

You could try this beezy, I'm not gonna do any flashing just yet! Hope you make progress with all this and your own findings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX