[ROM] ICS SDK Port [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
something odd that i noticed but when i was roaming, the icon on the top right turned into the GB 4 bar icon that was green....

please tell me this isnt some messup?
also noticed that in android version it says ICS not 4.0 anywhere?

not be be a skeptic but how did that all get thrown out the window and dissapear from last version?

thanks in advance and loving the ROM btw =D

The name change is a very simple build.prop edit. You could go in there and change it to uncle sam is a great ole guy if you wanted. If everyone wants ill change it back to say 4.0 in the next update. The signal stuff is just framework nothing to be worried about. This is ICS some of it's older some of it's new some files are from GB because that's all we have to work with it get this going.

austsamson

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
The name change is a very simple build.prop edit. You could go in there and change it to uncle sam is a great ole guy if you wanted. If everyone wants ill change it back to say 4.0 in the next update. The signal stuff is just framework nothing to be worried about. This is ICS some of it's older some of it's new some files are from GB because that's all we have to work with it get this going.

okay thanks for clarification man, you have all my support dont fret!
and just for the record, i love the honeycomb clock on the lockscreen =D

Reactions: beezy

hooperb63

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
also when i actually install from zip file i always get a random offset error but for some reason i have different numbers display all the time this time its 0x1f its never the same error

installed again my error number this time is 0x3cd

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
your not going to like this beezy but google nexus s 3g. im getting no data at all. i used the rom from drews website!!!

Im 100% sure on everything that needs to be changed for the 3g. I was thinking mainly sum vendor files and few other edits. I probably should take to drew and see what he's doing and help if i can.
Are you around a pc with adb set up?If so run a log when trying to make a call.

adb logcat

or

adb logcat > logcat.txt

which would give you a text file you could post for all of us to look into the error.

also when i actually install from zip file i always get a random offset error but for some reason i have different numbers display all the time this time its 0x1f its never the same error

installed again my error number this time is 0x3cd

Yeah im hoping to be able to do away with that in next few updates.

Reactions: hooperb63

rougegoat

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
My experience so far...(NOTE: NS4G)
  • WiFi works out of the box, no issues
  • GPS works splendidly
  • Can't tell if 4G is working or not since it's not listed in settings.
  • No NFC
  • No bluetooth
  • Live wallpapers seem sluggish, but I rarely use them anyway
  • Menu button doesn't respond on homescreen, but that's to be expected as the new homescreen doesn't have a menu button on it.
  • Some apps FC, but they are also notorious for not supporting new OS versions very quickly
  • camera works fine, some issues with panoramas. Luckily, I don't really use that.
  • widgets dont' seem to be resizable just yet
  • one application with multiple widgets can get some funky results
  • screen shot works fine(vol down + power)
  • What exactly is "Movie Studio" and why has no one mentioned this so far?

Reactions: beezy

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
correction nothing is downloading from app market

Some times it hangs for awhile. Im going to work on market a little later to see if there's a way around things. I know not all apps will show either.

Everyone root will be added to the rom and uploaded later,if you want to use work around then you are welcome to. If you don't want to mess with it for now then just hold tight and it'll get there. It really did slip by cause you can get root with adb. So it's half rooted.lol

hooperb63

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Im 100% sure on everything that needs to be changed for the 3g. I was thinking mainly sum vendor files and few other edits. I probably should take to drew and see what he's doing and help if i can.
Are you around a pc with adb set up?If so run a log when trying to make a call.

adb logcat

or

adb logcat > logcat.txt

which would give you a text file you could post for all of us to look into the error.

Yeah im hoping to be able to do away with that in next few updates.

if you give me some basic instructions to set up adb i will do it mate. i rooted from phone via an all in one program and installed pda just give me a brief what to do and ill do it.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
My experience so far...(NOTE: NS4G)
  • WiFi works out of the box, no issues
  • GPS works splendidly
  • Can't tell if 4G is working or not since it's not listed in settings.
  • No NFC
  • No bluetooth
  • Live wallpapers seem sluggish, but I rarely use them anyway
  • Menu button doesn't respond on homescreen, but that's to be expected as the new homescreen doesn't have a menu button on it.
  • Some apps FC, but they are also notorious for not supporting new OS versions very quickly
  • camera works fine, some issues with panoramas. Luckily, I don't really use that.
  • widgets dont' seem to be resizable just yet
  • one application with multiple widgets can get some funky results
  • screen shot works fine(vol down + power)
  • What exactly is "Movie Studio" and why has no one mentioned this so far?

Thank you very easy to read.One thing widgets are sizable you have to long press like your going to delete and then you can move the sides that have a diamond shape. It took me awhile to get it;)

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
To get root, just flash this zip in recovery:

Superuser-3.0.6-efgh-signed.zip

Most things that require root will work. The only one I've found that doesn't is titanium.

Try this if you want. after the SU zip, go download rom manager and open look for fix issues or problems and i think it will install a newer busybox that should allow all root apps to work. That's just a quick guess.

Edit just got told no it doesn't work that way sorry

hooperb63

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
also in the app store it says music and voice search not installed if i try to install music is says this item is not available in your country lol.

rougegoat

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Thank you very easy to read.One thing widgets are sizable you have to long press like your going to delete and then you can move the sides that have a diamond shape. It took me awhile to get it;)

Weird. None of the widgets I have, be they Google defaults or third party ones, are re-sizable even following your instructions. No diamond shape pops up, it just kind of sets it back down as it would in Gingerbread. Is there anything beyond just long holding you need to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nephalem42