[ROM] ICS SDK Port [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerwatt12

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Tyler, I flashed your zip and booting was very slow afterwards. Eventually started bootlooping, and I had to wipe & start over. I had already done font and root tweaks so maybe the duplication screwed it up, not sure what happened.

Just out of curiosity, did you pull fonts/bootanimation from the SDK or just gather ones already posted?

Thanks for putting that together!

Thanks, I got it from the SDK, also I'm not sure what's been up with yours. Mines running fine for a few hours now. hope things straighten out for you.

xconstaud

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
This is one of the best porting jobs I have ever seen. And I was involved way back when the HTC Vogue was porting 1.1 lol Great job guys! But quick question...anyone else not able to log into their google account? I don't even get the option lol

Reactions: Charles Dolly

tylerwatt12

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
This is one of the best porting jobs I have ever seen. And I was involved way back when the HTC Vogue was porting 1.1 lol Great job guys! But quick question...anyone else not able to log into their google account? I don't even get the option lol

Yeah, i'm logged in, synced with calendar, music beta, G+ and gmail just fine.
Try adding your account after the fact settings>accounts and sync>add account

xconstaud

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, i'm logged in, synced with calendar, music beta, G+ and gmail just fine.
Try adding your account after the fact settings>accounts and sync>add account

Yeah, I went to do that and the option to log in through a Google account is not there. Thank you though for the feed back! I am just going to attempt to reflash the ROM again :)

skunkd

May 23, 2010
Visit site
GUYS!

those of you having wifi problems, I've been having them all day and have been playingwith the phone trying the forget network method all day...

instead. go to wifi, turn it on. forget your network.

on the bottom right, you'll see an advanced tab. click that shut off network notification, shut off wifi connectivity checks and change wifi disconnect policy from never to another option and then back to never. Then go back one screen and connect to your network and see if it works!

worked for me!!!:)

if it works gimme some props! lol it was driving me nuts all day

tylerwatt12

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Why does 4g not work

This is an excerpt from my XDA Thread

With any android release (Not including Honeycomb) the software release goes as follows:
Android develops the Android Version
A PR is made on the subject usually including a new device that will run the software
Between the announcement and release of the phone the SDK is released for that new version of Android
A Dev takes apart the SDK version of the rom and starts porting things over. (you are here)
SDK builds don't usually work as an every-day phone, just something to play around with.
Sometime after the phone is released Source Code for the Android Version is released in which dev's will be able to make awesome ROM's that work well
(Fastest source release to rom build is about 1 hour) So you can expect that after Source is released Dev's will get a working ROM within hours.
... Weeks/Months Later..
Samsung releases ROM's to Carriers for OTA Updates.

We are in the stages now where he have a limited range of things we can do. It's like picking a lock instead of using a key. Requires special tools and is for professionals. 4G currently is not something that is built into this ROM yet

Reactions: jleon723

MgWach

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. New to the forum but came here from hearing the news of this awesome work by Beezy. :D I have a NS4G and wondered if you think I should go ahead and get it or wait for the next build?

D2dyno

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

At first i was unable, then i discovered that you have to clear data/cache.

tylerwatt12

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. New to the forum but came here from hearing the news of this awesome work by Beezy. :D I have a NS4G and wondered if you think I should go ahead and get it or wait for the next build?

If you depend on 4G or NFC then no. Otherwise flash it, it's butterfly smooth
Only had few issues with G+ and Camera
Some features of Galaxy Nexus ICS are left out but it works well.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
This is an excerpt from my XDA Thread

We are in the stages now where he have a limited range of things we can do. It's like picking a lock instead of using a key. Requires special tools and is for professionals. 4G currently is not something that is built into this ROM yet

Link to thread?
I'm also running your mod zip,
All is good, the boot animation is grainy and looks like its from a old HTC LCD lol.
Any other mods that you are working on?
Thanks
Sent from my Nexus S 4G with Ice Cream Sandwich

tylerwatt12

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Link to thread?
I'm also running your mod zip,
All is good, the boot animation is grainy and looks like its from a old HTC LCD lol.
Any other mods that you are working on?
Thanks
Sent from my Nexus S 4G with Ice Cream Sandwich

ICS Nexus S 4G [WIP] - xda-developers
It's pretty much what this thread says, only on XDA.
the bootanimation was probably videoripped. Not really sure how that was obtained. I mean if we have a Galaxy Nexus Bootanimation, why dont he have a full system dump? Anyway. I tried working on some launcher2.apk mod's but i've been busy helping people out.

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Here's kind of a subtle observation. Photos of the real lockscreen hide the status bar clock. (So you don't have two clocks on the screen at once.) See attached. Is that something we can mod?

Reactions: stuartjmoore

tylerwatt12

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Here's kind of a subtle observation. Photos of the real lockscreen hide the status bar clock. (So you don't have two clocks on the screen at once.) See attached. Is that something we can mod?

Sounds like something that would have to be fixed in the frameworks. I don't think I would be the one to do that. Whenever I mod frameworks something gets screwed up. So, i'd best stay out of that. lol

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Sorry man i look from pages 59 to your post and dont see anything about titanium restore issues. I do have root with SU working Titanium can remove apps but not restore it just sits there forever...what weird is there used to be an apps processing mode that i cant find now.

Anyone actually restore apps via titanium yet? if so can you check preferences for me and see if apps processing mode is there for you?

I restored a couple apps with Titanium and the processing mode is AUTO, DIrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax