[ROM] ICS SDK Port [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Formula84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I restored a couple apps with Titanium and the processing mode is AUTO, DIrect.

Weird, I tried forcing System Busybox after installing from the market and the restore was still borked... I did however find the menu option under troubleshooting for app processing mode and tried the other two options...only one that worked for me was the third one that interacts liek you are installing an apk manually. Its a PIA but it worked, I will try again when the newer version is released in the future.

zeigan

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Beezy,

Still working with that md5 issue. I have several other backups from several different roms. None of them worked, all failed md5 check right off the bat. I can make and restore backups of the ICS rom no problem.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Do you think doing the root fix would make any difference or does that not affect CWM?

It would be really great to get this fixed. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,

Ed

When I was having restore issues, I re-flashed ColockworkMod Recovery from within Rom Manager, then it worked. If you can't run Rom Manager, I'm sure there are different ways to re-flash it.

Shadow Death

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I've been watching this rom since it was first announced. So far great job. On the main page you said wifi doesn't obtain an IP address. Its working great for me via dhcp.

HTC_EVO112

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. I have su permission now. I tried updating my old one but that didn't work. And I also tried flashing the netarchy kernel, but the rom didn't like that at all. It wouldn't boot for me.

zeigan

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving this rom! But any updates on Wimax 4G, Bluetooth, and NFC being able to work soon? I know getting these to work can take time, but just want to see how that was coming along. It kind of sucks not being able to listen to my tunes in my car through the bluetooth. OTA radio is terrible.

Kudos to all who have contributed to making this rom happen!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Flashing existing kernels its not going to work since they are based on Gingerbread, 2.3.7.

Your just going to have to hold out for BLN and other things down the road.

Reactions: HTC_EVO112

Bobguy21

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I used your version b3. And it went okay on my ns4g. But the data did not work. Other than that it was good mostly everything worked smoothly and I moved it. Please help me if you can. Thank you for the awesome job.

turbofan

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
When I was having restore issues, I re-flashed ColockworkMod Recovery from within Rom Manager, then it worked. If you can't run Rom Manager, I'm sure there are different ways to re-flash it.

Thanks to those who were trying to help me resolve this issue!

It has been resolved. Wanna know what it was??

I had renamed my backups and put spaces in the names. Like, you know, spaces between the words. I had NO IDEA that would cause a problem, but when I went in to a file explorer and removed the spaces, it restored no problem.

Hitting the donate button. Can't wait for a fully working build. Wifi worked perfectly for me, even better than perfect -- pages rendered very quickly. I loved it!! My biggest problems were the camera, and sometimes things just didn't display the way they should, like certain settings menus and such. I also really need a reliably working camera, I use my phone camera a ton. I can't donate much (recently unemployed college student) but this is just such an awesome project. I'll be watching and waiting on MIUI 'til a few more bugs are fixed!

Reactions: beezy

loso831

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
HOW TO GET DATA WORKING:

1.Skip Through Setup When Phone Starts

2.Settings

3.More

4.Mobile Networks

5.Access Point Names

6.Hit your menu key, select new APN

7.Type in your carrier?s APN settings

8.Hit the menu button again and click save

9.It will force close, go back and make sure your APN saved, if it did not. Then repeat

courtesy of Drew Garen

dlozanout

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
for those having trouble with the notification bar, when you pull it down and it wont let you pull it back up, the way i have been "fixing" this is by opening up an app (ive been opening modern combat) and let it load up a bit, then when i go back home, the notification lets me pull up and down without a problem. and i usually only have to do that when i restart my phone. its really weird, but that is what has been working for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar