[ROM] ICS SDK Port [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Day 2 on the ROM and I've been noticing some killer battery life...I've been using it mainly for calls and texts with occasional web browsing (usually i use tweetcaster the most on my phone but it won't load on ICS, im assuming its just not optimized yet, no biggie). Had it off the charger for 19 hours and I still had 51% battery! Stock 2.3.7 I'd be lucky to get half a day out of the thing.

Big ups to Beezy...looking forward to the next release

*crosses fingers for face unlock and panorama camera not lookin silly*

Also, to the guys having problems with their music...I've been streaming my music without any hiccups so I don't really know whats goin on there

And I def agree with not being able to go back to 2.3.7 or even CM 7.1 at this point...the ice cream sandwich is just too delicious, I'll deal with the minor bugs

complete opposite here, battery life isnt great at all,
phone gets really warm too.
but i still dont wanna run anything else lol
it is what it is :):)

philbw

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I've Been following this thread a while and haven't noticed mention to this (doesn't mean I didn't miss it) but has anyone else noticed that when you swipe away an open program it just comes right back?

dawnadevin

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
im sorry but i cant take it any more any idea when next update is coming "flashaholic" sorry love this rom been daily since early morning day one cant go back to GB :D

Reactions: beezy

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I've Been following this thread a while and haven't noticed mention to this (doesn't mean I didn't miss it) but has anyone else noticed that when you swipe away an open program it just comes right back?

I noticed what your talking about and should be taken care of next update. Fingers crossed that it is.lol

im sorry but i cant take it any more any idea when next update is coming "flashaholic" sorry love this rom been daily since early morning day one cant go back to GB :D

I had to reply to this cause it made me laugh. I have turned back into a flashaholic too. Mainly cause I'm testing things,but I didn't get much time to day to focus on the ROM. It was the gf's birthday and I had to at least give a little attention today. As you see it's late night/early morning and I'm already back at the computer before I go to bed adjusting a few things. I won't say hey tomorrow I'll have aupdate but I'm/we're all working just as hard as we can to get another update together.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Will be a piece of cake, don't worry about it. The Nexus S is a developer phone so it's easy to root.

Whew!... It was a piece of cake. I rooted (did a nandroid backup) and then installed the last ICS ported ROM without a hiccup! Not bad for my first time out. Thanks to everyone's guidance and the great videos on YouTube by gbking77.

This ROM is slick. I did notice that I can't use the Menu capacitor key on the home screen nor does any calendar app except the embedded calendar app see any data from my google calendar. Anyone having this issue or have I done something wrong?

ghostzyden

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Whew!... It was a piece of cake. I rooted (did a nandroid backup) and then installed the last ICS ported ROM without a hiccup! Not bad for my first time out. Thanks to everyone's guidance and the great videos on YouTube by gbking77.

This ROM is slick. I did notice that I can't use the Menu capacitor key on the home screen nor does any calendar app except the embedded calendar app see any data from my google calendar. Anyone having this issue or have I done something wrong?

Nah that's just a few bugs. btw if you use go launcher or a non stock launcher from the market, you can use the menu button on those. Have fun;)

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
When the next update comes, do I have to reflash from scratch or can this ROM be updated like an "update.zip" file?

Update.zip has nothing to do with ROMs as far as I know. It actually has to do with updating your phone to the latest version of software that it came with. You will have to use the Install from zip option to download a new version of a ROM and then choose the new version from your USB storage/SD card. Its always recommended to wipe when flashing a new ROM or an updated version of one.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
By the way, I have noticed the swiping away issue in the multitasking interface, too

Last edited:

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I noticed what your talking about and should be taken care of next update. Fingers crossed that it is.lol

I had to reply to this cause it made me laugh. I have turned back into a flashaholic too. Mainly cause I'm testing things,but I didn't get much time to day to focus on the ROM. It was the gf's birthday and I had to at least give a little attention today. As you see it's late night/early morning and I'm already back at the computer before I go to bed adjusting a few things. I won't say hey tomorrow I'll have aupdate but I'm/we're all working just as hard as we can to get another update together.

I have been one too recently xD

silverxj

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
guys.....you all rock! been using this since it was semi-stable. And I must say it freaked my friends @ the Sprint store completly out! Never saw so many jaws hit the counter. Thanks again Beezy and crew, keep up the awesome dev action.

keebler021

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey did anyone else notice the awesome amount of customization available for the Android keyboard now? Everything from themes to adjustable auto correct and predictions.

Sent on Ice Cream Sandwich from the future of Android

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey did anyone else notice the awesome amount of customization available for the Android keyboard now? Everything from themes to adjustable auto correct and predictions.

Sent on Ice Cream Sandwich from the future of Android

Noticed that, but all the themes are ugly except the ICS one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36