[ROM] ICS SDK Port [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Bug: Whenever I'm browsing the web, I tend to get a lot of errors saying I have no network connection, but when I click OK, the page still ends up loading fine. My network connection is normal and this happens on wifi too. This only happens in the browser.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Update.zip has nothing to do with ROMs as far as I know. It actually has to do with updating your phone to the latest version of software that it came with. You will have to use the Install from zip option to download a new version of a ROM and then choose the new version from your USB storage/SD card. Its always recommended to wipe when flashing a new ROM or an updated version of one.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Ok, can you backup your apps/settings and restore without a backup program such Titanium? Please bear with me, I'm a noob at this. First time ever flashing a ROM. :confused: Also anyone notice that the icons in the status bar are way dull? I assume this is a bug or is this ICS?

keebler021

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Bug: Whenever I'm browsing the web, I tend to get a lot of errors saying I have no network connection, but when I click OK, the page still ends up loading fine. My network connection is normal and this happens on wifi too.

Hmm. I haven't had that issue. Is it any particular sites, or just in general?

Sent on Ice Cream Sandwich from the future of Android

keebler021

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok, can you backup your apps/settings and restore without a backup program such Titanium? Please bear with me, I'm a noob at this. First time ever flashing a ROM. :confused:

You can, but I don't know that I would recommend it with this ROM, as some have been saying that Titanium Backup doesn't play nice with ICS (someone please correct me if this isn't right). What you might want to do is wait until major updates to the ROM before flashing an update. Personally, as a flashaholic, I've just become accustomed to wiping everything ;-)

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
You can, but I don't know that I would recommend it with this ROM, as some have been saying that Titanium Backup doesn't play nice with ICS (someone please correct me if this isn't right). What you might want to do is wait until major updates to the ROM before flashing an update. Personally, as a flashaholic, I've just become accustomed to wiping everything ;-)

To backup the entire ROM, use ROM Manager. ;) Backs up all your apps, settings, etc.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I have a couple of announcements to make:

1) I am totally freaking jealous that you guys get to run this on your phones and I can't.

2) I'm not sure what the full change log is, but I know an update is in the works.

;)

Reactions: vhgomez36

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a couple of announcements to make:

1) I am totally freaking jealous that you guys get to run this on your phones and I can't.

2) I'm not sure what the full change log is, but I know an update is in the works.

;)

Yes, be jealous.

Been chatting with beezy and he's told me that he will *try* (not guranteed) to get the status bar waaaay more ICS looking. I sent him the real ICS status bar images and he told me he'll try to get it into the next build.

;)

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
It's been on 3.2 for a couple of days. This build added ics icons, fonts, live wallpapers.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Found another bug,
Having trouble getting the input keyboard menu to show up when I hold on text boxes.
Is there a better way if doing it?
It only shows up once and awhile.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G with Ice Cream Sandwich

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
complete opposite here, battery life isnt great at all,
phone gets really warm too.
but i still dont wanna run anything else lol
it is what it is :):)

I was having horrible battery issues also. Enough so that I was switching back to cm7 while I was at work and back to ics at home. Then I did a fresh install from scratch and remembered to disable the Google restore and now my battery is as good as cm7 w/matr1x. With 2 1/2 hours of screen on time and 7 hours while I slept........
4395bcef-9841-fe7d.jpg

4395bcef-985f-4c43.jpg

4395bcef-98f5-b98e.jpg

Long days and pleasant nights............

cntchds

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
My phone was right out of the box when I flashes this rom. I'm getting awful battery life, and when I open a task killer and look at my available ram it says its only got 20% available with no other apps open. What gives? Is that normal?

View attachment 17205

How do you stop Google restore?

Thanks again,
Peter

adamw1101

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I was having horrible battery issues also. Enough so that I was switching back to cm7 while I was at work and back to ics at home. Then I did a fresh install from scratch and remembered to disable the Google restore and now my battery is as good as cm7 w/matr1x. With 2 1/2 hours of screen on time and 7 hours while I slept........
4395bcef-9841-fe7d.jpg

4395bcef-985f-4c43.jpg

4395bcef-98f5-b98e.jpg

Long days and pleasant nights............

hey I noticed you have a voicemail icon in your status bar is that to a stock visual voicemail. I only ask because I use google voice for my voicemail and if ice cream sandwich now comes with the visual voicemail app I would like to use it

keebler021

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
My phone was right out of the box when I flashes this rom. I'm getting awful battery life, and when I open a task killer and look at my available ram it says its only got 20% available with no other apps open. What gives? Is that normal?

View attachment 17205

How do you stop Google restore?

Thanks again,
Peter

Ummm. Since 2.2 task killers have been a bit of a no no on Android, because they conflict with Android's own built-in task killer. The task killer itself could be causing you some of the battery life problems you've been having.
Regarding Google restore, it's an option that's given when you're first setting everything up, almost right after putting in your Google username and password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol