[ROM] ICS SDK Port [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

resetreflectt

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
That'd be pretty cool if we had the new UI sounds in this. Back in gingerbread I tried replacing the sounds and I had gotten the lock and unlock sounds working, and the camera sounds, but the click sounds didn't work (only randomly like one click out of 100 million clicks) and the keyboard made no sounds (except randomly one click just like the ui clicks)
If we had it working on this that would be amazing. We could finally get rid of that horrid keyboard sound we've had to deal with.

anon(5021)

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
wow... ICS is really nice! I can only imagine what the complete builld will be like for my NS4G. I just picked up this phone yesterday... traded somebody for my EVO because I figured the EVO would never see an official ICS build and the NS4G was guaranteed too. I loved my EVO but this phone is so smooth and snappy. I hated my EPIC and I always thought this was basically the same phone (which a lot of it is) but the fact that it is a google phone really seems to make a difference. Anyway, the reason why I'm posting is because I just took some screen shots on my NS4G using ICS and I am really digging the little snapshot that pops up... for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about... try it out.

Press Vol. Down and Power at the same time.... kinda neat.

Anyway, thanks to everyone working on bringing this over! It is my daily driver on my extra phone... I'm comparing it to my iPhone (which is a turd but I got it for free so I'm giving it a whirl).. NS4G running ICS will bring me back to Android. :)

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
wow... ICS is really nice! I can only imagine what the complete builld will be like for my NS4G. I just picked up this phone yesterday... traded somebody for my EVO because I figured the EVO would never see an official ICS build and the NS4G was guaranteed too. I loved my EVO but this phone is so smooth and snappy. I hated my EPIC and I always thought this was basically the same phone (which a lot of it is) but the fact that it is a google phone really seems to make a difference. Anyway, the reason why I'm posting is because I just took some screen shots on my NS4G using ICS and I am really digging the little snapshot that pops up... for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about... try it out.

Press Vol. Down and Power at the same time.... kinda neat.

Anyway, thanks to everyone working on bringing this over! It is my daily driver on my extra phone... I'm comparing it to my iPhone (which is a turd but I got it for free so I'm giving it a whirl).. NS4G running ICS will bring me back to Android. :)

Wow head up trade?
You really made out, i could never give up the samoled screen for the evos regular lcd.

My first real android was the evo I had a launch evo and love my nexus so much more.

In starting to see people put their phones up for trade for the nexus s because of ics coming down the pike.

What iphone do you have?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G with Ice Cream Sandwich

anon(5021)

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
Even swap, his Nexus for my EVO. He was an older gentleman and was interested in the larger screen. ICS is the main reason I decided to swap. Now that I've made the swap, there are several more reasons I am aware of that make me happy that I decided to. Oh, and to answer your question, I have an iPhone 4S.

poisonj5

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Love the ROM.. Strange that it won't let you update to Google + 2.1.0 or Google Music 4.0.1 though. Keeps saying Error : Package file was not signed correctly.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I want to get rid of that continuous sync icon from whatever app that,s causing it as I feel my battery life would be better. However, I like my apps and how I've set up my themes/screen. I want to back this up completely and reflash back to exactly as I have it now. I have never done this before, so I seek guidance/step by step recommendations. Thanks in advance and thanks to Beezy!

anon(5021)

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
I want to get rid of that continuous sync icon from whatever app that,s causing it as I feel my battery life would be better. However, I like my apps and how I've set up my themes/screen. I want to back this up completely and reflash back to exactly as I have it now. I have never done this before, so I seek guidance/step by step recommendations. Thanks in advance and thanks to Beezy!

This is what I did to get rid of it:

I just removed my account through the menu... and then linked my account again... no issues since.

anon(5021)

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. Now why ddidn't I think of that! :D

You are welcome! I am guessing it's because you were too busy tinkering elsewhere in the rom... trust me, it took me me a while too. And then I slapped myself if the forehead after I found out. I'm working on fixing the menu key issue as well...

D2dyno

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Screenshot_2011-11-01-10-13-00.png

What's going on with the search bar here?

decalex

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Love the ROM.. Strange that it won't let you update to Google + 2.1.0 or Google Music 4.0.1 though. Keeps saying Error : Package file was not signed correctly.

If you have titanium backup, try backing it up first, uninstall, (google plus and or music), then try installing from market normally.
You don't Need TB, but good in case it doesn't work.

. . NS4G . . CM7 . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007