[ROM] ICS SDK Port [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerwatt12

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I present to you...Beezy's most recent ROM update with the latest launcher in it, straight from the ICS app dump!!!!! Has the latest app drawer animations, launcher animations (page overscroll on the latest pages of the launcher), working menu button, and slightly changed notification tray!!! In addition, you'll get the little tutorial when first loading the homescreen like on the virtual sdk device!!

There is one bug which i'm sure will be fixed soon or not, but the google search widget at the top is very slightly cut off.

Here's the link. Either flash over the current rom or wipe then install.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15668564/ICS-dirty-alpha-3.5.zip

Enjoy! :D

It's freaking awesome. A little slow, but i can understand. This IS the real launcher from the Galaxy Nexus

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
For those that want the launcher that is in the rom batting posted if they don't want to flash another rom. Download the attached apk and install with a file manager. I choose not to use this launcher in the rom cause of the issue with the search area and losing 360 rotation.

Launcher2.apk

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
For those that want the launcher that is in the rom batting posted if they don't want to flash another rom. Download the attached apk and install with a file manager. I choose not to use this launcher in the rom cause of the issue with the search area and losing 360 rotation.

Launcher2.apk

Is the search widget issue fixable though? The images seem to be fine apk-wise. Or is it possible to remove the search widget from the top?

tylerwatt12

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

Launcher2.apk

I dont think anyone would complain about that launcher being used in your rom. Afterall the more ICS like the better

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I dont think anyone would complain about that launcher being used in your rom. Afterall the more ICS like the better

Its my own personal choice not to put it in there. I like the way the other one functions. This launcher is from a older system leak,no one has posted a official current dump.

@batting not sure and as I said in PM theres a couple people with the new nexus so a new dump should be posted anytime and ill be switching the base to that and that whole issue should go away.

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Its my own personal choice not to put it in there. I like the way the other one functions. This launcher is from a older system leak,no one has posted a official current dump.

@batting not sure and as I said in PM theres a couple people with the new nexus so a new dump should be posted anytime and ill be switching the base to that and that whole issue should go away.

Is removing the search widget possible?

Viper05

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

Launcher2.apk

when I try to install this in astro it says install failed. I tried switching to a different launcher then installing and still no luck. Am I doing something wrong? I don't want to download the whole rom, already on the latest from Beezy.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

anderson620

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to stop in and say thanks for all the hard work. Also, and I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I know a lot of people have had trouble restoring apps. I couldn't get titanium backup to work but found that mybackup root works perfectly. It will restore apps and data and everything works great. For me, at least. Thanks again!

FL0OD

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
is your Google search widget cut off slightly at the top?

Yea but its usable. Really I am one of those folks that could do without it and would rather have the screen. It could completely disappear and I would alright with that, ha

RMM1981

Banned
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
So when can we expect the dump?
The more & more I use this, the more i can't wait for actual ICS.
Patience is virtue but dam this is killing me...lol

Still have that stupid "data usage warning"...can anyone explain why???
Mmmmm...ice cream...

NYYFan325

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Only issue I've seen so far Batting is that certain widgets say they are 5x1 and won't add to the homescreen stating there is not enough free space. The power control widget comes to mind as the first I tried

Status
Not open for further replies.