[ROM] ICS SDK Port [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Music advice:

Streaming works for me. One thing that was discovered is that GMusic limits you to 8 devices, and each time you flash a new rom it registers your phone as a new device. So if you go to music.google.com and click the settings icon on the upper right, if you see you are maxed out on devices, just clear a bunch of them. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
so whats the new stuff going on around here?
lcd density?
whats that all about?
heres how my screen is looking im still on 3.5 using battlings modified launcher.
314651_2616950665623_1310812012_2997928_1713802630_n.jpg

DirtyShroomz

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
@ Batting here's a flashable zip with the Download and Settings apk. Everyone can flash this if they would like to get the updated look. To see exactly what it looks like just back a couple pages Batting posted the screenshots. Thanks.

If you are the type that doesn't want to flash you can download the apks from Batting's post or download the zip extract the apks. Place both apks in the android sdk foldr that has adb in it. Then at the command line run the following.

Code:
adb remount

adb push DownloadProviderUi.apk /system/app

adb push Settings.apk /system/app

Won't download full zip

Either way works I tested both ways.

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
lcd density?
whats that all about?
heres how my screen is looking im still on 3.5 using battlings modified launcher.

You need to be on 3.6 and after you change the LCD density you need to reboot

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
lcd density?
whats that all about?

Not my launcher btw ;) got it from p3droids gnex app dump from a month or two ago.

sheek360

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
ran it for almost 2 days, had to flash gb again due to bugs. but thats expected from an sdk port. great job btw, ran waaaaaaaay better then the first gb sdk ports!

one thing that kept me from loving it was the lack of wimax,

cant wait for 3.7!

ZeeraF#AC

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
What clock weather widget are you using? Since I installed Batting's first launcher, I can't get fancy Widgets to work. It keeps fc'ing.

dont know which widget he is using but ive been using fancy widget 3.2 for the longest and even with this rom i havent had any problems ..... have you tried fixing permissions in recovery ????

ZeeraF#AC

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
hey batting , im using the 3.6 version you posted and i tried your fix for the disappearing wall paper and it still does the same thing. may go back to beezy 3.6 cause i like the 4x1 contact widget but with your launcher its 5x2 :(

RMM1981

Banned
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
hey batting , im using the 3.6 version you posted and i tried your fix for the disappearing wall paper and it still does the same thing. may go back to beezy 3.6 cause i like the 4x1 contact widget but with your launcher its 5x2 :(

yea it didn't work for me either...

Mmmm...ice cream....

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
dont know which widget he is using but ive been using fancy widget 3.2 for the longest and even with this rom i havent had any problems ..... have you tried fixing permissions in recovery ????

Thanks, but went back to original launcher with 3.6 and now rocking BeWeather. I'm new at flashing, so I don't know how to fix the permissions in recovery. It is still fc'ing back on the original launcher, so if you can tell me how to fix the permissions (sorry, need a step by step), I wanna get that fixed.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

ZeeraF#AC

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, but went back to original launcher with 3.6 and now rocking BeWeather. I'm new at flashing, so I don't know how to fix the permissions in recovery. It is still fc'ing back on the original launcher, so if you can tell me how to fix the permissions (sorry, need a step by step), I wanna get that fixed.

from rom manager boot into recovery , then select Advanced from the list and scroll down to fix permissions , when its done just go back and then hit reboot .... im not 100% sure this will work but its work a shot , like i said ive been using fancing widgets for a while and i go back and forth from cm7 rom and this one ..... also and this is another option , when you flashed this rom did you do a clean wipe ??? you can google "format all zip for nexus s 4g" and the first link is to an xda forum , and use that zip ... ive been an xda member long before i joined android central so i know you can find it there but im sure its some where here in this forum as well

m3grady2

May 8, 2011
Visit site
If you're updated to the latest version of fancy Widgets and remove the widget and try adding it back to the home screen, it just force closes.

RMM1981

Banned
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I flashed Batting's "fresh out the oven" thinga ma jig, I keep getting force closing on alot of stuff now. My Gtalk, Gmail, Market...just not as stable as beezy's was. I'm going back to Beezy's...

Mmmm...ice cream....

ZeeraF#AC

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Ever since I flashed Batting's "fresh out the oven" thinga ma jig, I keep getting force closing on alot of stuff now. My Gtalk, Gmail, Market...just not as stable as beezy's was. I'm going back to Beezy's...

Mmmm...ice cream....

ive been using batting's version as well .... havent had any issues what so ever. make sure you do a clean wipe before installing and try fixing permissions too ... you never know

ZeeraF#AC

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
so ive been having the weirdest issue ..... i use fancy widget to show the battery % and ive noticed that while charging my battery % goes down !!! im like wtf

RMM1981

Banned
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
ive been using batting's version as well .... havent had any issues what so ever. make sure you do a clean wipe before installing and try fixing permissions too ... you never know

You're probably right but I hate have to start over every other day just for an update to a port. Don't get me wrong I'm loving it, its just I need my phone to act how i need it when I need it. I will keep an eye out here though. It was fun while I used it but for now I'm going back to stock. Maybe I'll get lucky and an OTA will pop up. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.