[ROM] ICS SDK Port [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerwatt12

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
So, since Adobe isn't going to release another version of flash (besides security updates). Will be not be able get flash with ICS on our Nexus S phones? That kinda makes me want to go back to GB even when the OTA is released.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
So, since Adobe isn't going to release another version of flash (besides security updates). Will be not be able get flash with ICS on our Nexus S phones? That kinda makes me want to go back to GB even when the OTA is released.

The device is supported so flash will should work. Even if it didn't show in the market just adjust the footprint in the build.prop and the market would think your a crespo4g running GB (if that's what you want it to think). You could do this now before the OTA even hits.

EDIT - Added strikethrough and "should" ;)

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The device is supported so flash will should work. Even if it didn't show in the market just adjust the footprint in the build.prop and the market would think your a crespo4g running GB (if that's what you want it to think). You could do this now before the OTA even hits.

EDIT - Added strikethrough and "should" ;)

Plus you could pull the Flash Player app out of your device now and throw it on your SDCARD for later... If indeed they don't offer it to ICS then you SHOULD be able to push it back to your device with your pulled Flash Player app...

I do this with Shoot Me (screen shot app) from the Market which is no longer available.... I pulled the apk from the device and have it saved on my sdcard, computer and dropbox.

702DROID

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I've been running this since your first release haven't gone back batts been fine 10 to 12 hours daily besides no bt this is only issue I've had

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Reactions: beezy

bnitty

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I seen someone else say this and was wanting to see a screenshot. I haven't hit that issue but Ill see if there's a way to track it down.
if it helps it happened to me while I was using wireless tether. tried everything short of full wipe to resolve it. love the ROM tho. keep up the excellent work!

Sent from my Google Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

lightyear420

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
if it helps it happened to me while I was using wireless tether. tried everything short of full wipe to resolve it. love the ROM tho. keep up the excellent work!

Sent from my Google Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

happened to me while using usb tether with pda net. reflashing the system image took care of it.

MgWach

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. Ok, so I have the market-3.3.11.apk file and I've tried adb install market-3.3.11.apk and get [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS]. But the version of market on my phone is 3.1.2. How so I get around this?

piusvelte

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. Ok, so I have the market-3.3.11.apk file and I've tried adb install market-3.3.11.apk and get [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS]. But the version of market on my phone is 3.1.2. How so I get around this?

MgWach,

Try adb install -r market-3.3.11.apk

Last edited:

piusvelte

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Tried that and get [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_INCONSISTENT_CERTIFICATES] :/

MgWach,

In that case, I think you need to uninstall the existing market app first.

I think you'll want to run...

adb uninstall com.android.vending

...first and then try to install the new version. I'm trying to verify this.

Bryan

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site

Make sure the market apk your trying to push is this exactly Vending.apk. Then place the Vending.apk in the same folder that the adb file of android sdk is in. From command line run the following.

Code:
adb remount

adb push Vending.apk /system/app

adb reboot

MgWach

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Make sure the market apk your trying to push is this exactly Vending.apk. Then place the Vending.apk in the same folder that the adb file of android sdk is in. From command line run the following.

Code:
adb remount

adb push Vending.apk /system/app

adb reboot

Thanks for the info. I finally got it to work after setting the system folder as r/w which I didn't know I had to do. Thanks! :)

Reactions: OJMBrooklyn
Status
Not open for further replies.