[ROM] ICS SDK Port [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
What was the changes from 3.5 to 3.6?? I can't seem to find the post that had it. Did it have any performance improvements?

from what i understand, No.
just the new boot animation and something else.

same 3.5.

ive noticed that after using 3.5 since it was released it gets laggy and buggy as time goes on.

getting force closes, and lots of bug mailers.

still trying to hold out for the update, i guess im getting tired of the small things with it.

but i never wanna leave ICS to go back to gingerbread lol.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else getting a ton of force closes with the new market and/or browser?

I had that problem with the market non stop. I couldn't even update my apps without it FCing. Switched back to CM7 until this becomes a little more stable.

If your using a different market then the one included in the Rom that would be the problem. I didn't add any updated apps for that reason part of the trade of of having ICS is you might have to use older apps.

from what i understand, No.
just the new boot animation and something else.

same 3.5.

ive noticed that after using 3.5 since it was released it gets laggy and buggy as time goes on.

getting force closes, and lots of bug mailers.

still trying to hold out for the update, i guess im getting tired of the small things with it.

but i never wanna leave ICS to go back to gingerbread lol.

I would check out what you got going on with your apps. Try reboot when you have to charge that should help too. I don't really seem to run into that issue so it's probably cause I reboot or just don't use the apps you use.

dxta0

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Just to let people know I was having problems with my WiFi not working but I was able to fix it by going to WiFi settings advance and unchecking WiFi connectivity checks.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I can download apps and such but clicking on screenshots and attempting to access categories fc's it.

This should be a pretty easy way to fix. Using a root explorer go to data/app delete com.vending-1.apk
then in system/app rename MarketUpdater.apk to MarketUpdater.apk.bak then reboot. You should now be back at the older market and it shouldn't be able to update in the background now,

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
This should be a pretty easy way to fix. Using a root explorer go to data/app delete com.vending-1.apk
then in system/app rename MarketUpdater.apk to MarketUpdater.apk.bak then reboot. You should now be back at the older market and it shouldn't be able to update in the background now,

Beezy, got a launcher apk that works just like the one from the dump, but the only thing that crashes is the widget screen. It's very smooth and snappy too.

App drawer works fine, doesn't crash, only the widget screen. I remember the GNex launcher crashed in both the app drawer and wdget screen, might help you out a little. Google search widget isn't cut off either.Only other issue is the wallpaper changes to black sometimes and you gotta bring up the change wallpaper dialog to have to change back to your wp.

Lmk if you need it.

Last edited:

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Beezy, got a launcher apk that works just like the one from the dump, but the only thing that crashes is the widget screen. It's very smooth and snappy too.

App drawer works fine, doesn't crash, only the widget screen. I remember the GNex launcher crashed in both the app drawer and wdget screen, might help you out a little. Google search widget isn't cut off either.

Lmk if you need it.

Sure I'll have a look. Don't think they'll be much to do with it as the tools we need are still outdated. I don't think there's to much we can do about the launcher till we have source/official update. I've pretty much decided that I'm going to stick with the launcher that I've always packaged in with the rom and adding links to flashable zips that will add the other launcher if people prefer that one more.

Reactions: nickflores555

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Here you go Beezy. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15668564/Launcher2 (1).apk

For everyone else, this isn't something you should use unless you don't use widgets as the widget screen just crashes.

Btw Beezy, can you change the white strip above the dock in the current rom version to the below image? It looks way better and replicates ICS more. :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15668564/hotseat_track_holo.9.png

If you get the strip changed, shoot me a PM and i'll check it out. In the current ROM, it's one of the hotseat images in the launcher2.apk

Reactions: beezy

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Here you go Beezy. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15668564/Launcher2 (1).apk

For everyone else, this isn't something you should use unless you don't use widgets as the widget screen just crashes.

Btw Beezy, can you change the white strip above the dock in the current rom version to the below image? It looks way better and replicates ICS more. :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15668564/hotseat_track_holo.9.png

If you get the strip changed, shoot me a PM and i'll check it out. In the current ROM, it's one of the hotseat images in the launcher2.apk

Can you zip that png and just attach to your post my laptop doesn't want to allow me to download the .png.

Reactions: nickflores555

adamw1101

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
having a problem with power widget. Its set at 5x2 and won't allow me to place it on my screen. Any solution. Using battings launcher

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
having a problem with power widget. Its set at 5x2 and won't allow me to place it on my screen. Any solution. Using battings launcher

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Sorry, it has to be that way. It's a port of the Galaxy Nexus launcher so the widgets are made for it's screen, not the Nexus S. It can't be changed.

piusvelte

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried to get the FaceLock.apk working? I pushed it to /system/app and rebooted, but the option isn't available under Settings. Has anyone tried installing the Settings.apk from the GNex system dump, or is that already part of the 3.6 port? Thanks!

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried to get the FaceLock.apk working? I pushed it to /system/app and rebooted, but the option isn't available under Settings. Has anyone tried installing the Settings.apk from the GNex system dump, or is that already part of the 3.6 port? Thanks!

FaceLock won't work yet. It needs a bunch of other files other than just the apk.

Here's a version of the Settings app where I just cleaned up all the icons and such. No new options in it, but all the icons were fixed.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15668564/Settings.apk

Reactions: piusvelte
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol