[ROM] ICS SDK Port [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Is that stuff hard to obtain? Just trying to get an idea of how this will all pan out, pretty excited.
Radios and stuff should be usable from what we already have... SHOULD.... Don't quote me there..

Could we flash the radios from the 2.3.7 update? Any kind of backwards compatibility like that?

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk
See above...

Whoa whoa, so we might have a rom by tonight or tomorrow on the ns4g!? :-D
Sure, no problem... Its in the OP right now...

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yep as Beezy said go right ahead and dive in... Even with official source this is still going to be quite a bit of work... Galaxy Nexus and its older relatives Nexus S/NS4G are close but there are enough differences to make it challenging...

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Yep as Beezy said go right ahead and dive in... Even with official source this is still going to be quite a bit of work... Galaxy Nexus and its older relatives Nexus S/NS4G are close but there are enough differences to make it challenging...

I think you're missing the question. :p Don't wanna be a nag so I'll just wait it out.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I got what your saying... Who knows... Give it a few days maybe less and you might just see some ROMs popping...

skunkd

May 23, 2010
Visit site
here's a crazy cool new video to keep us occupied while we are waiting lol ;)

completely off topic:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQgFxDSqft4[/YT]

ps: this is what i'm doing inside my mind waiting haha

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Man that was fast!

"drewgaren Drew
Yay for ICS...AOSP build should be coming shortly with some mods."

Would it be possible to add the sprint radios into his build then flash it?

tylerwatt12

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Man that was fast!

"drewgaren Drew
Yay for ICS...AOSP build should be coming shortly with some mods."

Would it be possible to add the sprint radios into his build then flash it?

would also like to know, seems odd that NS users can flash NS4G roms with some success.
(correct me if i'm wrong.)

Also
Drew is most likely building off his nice Mac which may or may not have 4-8 cores
In, other words. He's almost done building from source

skunkd

May 23, 2010
Visit site
would also like to know, seems odd that NS users can flash NS4G roms with some success.

Also
Drew is most likely building off his nice Mac which may or may not have 4-8 cores
In, other words. He's almost done building from source

what forum does drew post on?

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site

You're right. I tried flashing an earlier beta of his and it worked, but it didn't get service since it was for the 3G Nexus. Not sure if it would be the same for the source build.

NYYFan325

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Batting if you want to try....

Flash one of his ICS 3G roms... and then flash the latest radio. You can get it on ROM manager under Peter Alfonso. I don't know if you Wifi works on a NS3G ROM while using our phone but maybe download the radio before flashing.

That should give you an idea if that would work or not

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Batting if you want to try....

Flash one of his ICS 3G roms... and then flash the latest radio. You can get it on ROM manager under Peter Alfonso. I don't know if you Wifi works on a NS3G ROM while using our phone but maybe download the radio before flashing.

That should give you an idea if that would work or not

Don't want to risk it, I see where you're coming from though.

NYYFan325

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I can't imagine anything terrible would happen. You already stated you flashed a 3G ROM before. As long as you have a backup I don't for-see a unrecoverable issue...

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I can't imagine anything terrible would happen. You already stated you flashed a 3G ROM before. As long as you have a backup I don't for-see a unrecoverable issue...

I understand, but it's my only phone and I'd rather just wait for a proper build. Shouldn't be too much longer before a source build for the 4G pops up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn