[THEME][Oxygen 2.3] Simply Blue v2.0

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
[NOTE]
Simply Blue v2.0

What started out as " Blue Oxygen " turned into a whole lot more :) My partner ZiggSevo said after flashing Blue Oxygen that I started "Lets go all out... Blue everything! " Blue everything we did and he went to work!

[WARN]This theme is BLUE...If you don't like BLUE don't flash it! LOL[/WARN]

Based on Oxygen 2.3 ROM (Thanks for such a solid ROM)

:: SCREEN SHOTS IN SECOND POST ::

:: What is themed ::

Everything....

framework-res.apk
SystemUI.apk
Calculator
Camera
Contacts
DeskClock
Gallery
Stock Launcher
Mms
Music
Phone
Settings
Talk
Torch

- We did more than just recoloring icons..
- We colored text
- We changed backgrounds involving various XML edits throughout the apks.
- We even redesigned the notification pulldown by removing the Sprint carrier branding (I think were aware of our carrier, no need for this) and redesigned the Clear notifications button and relocated it.
- ZiggSevo did his handy work and created a custom bootanimation

[INFO]
:: Installation Information ::

1. You must be running the latest Oxygen 2.3 ROM.
2. Download and place Simply Blue v2.0 on your sdcard
3. Boot into CWM
4. Wipe cache partition/dalvik cache
5. Flash theme
6. Reboot and enjoy
smile.gif

Download Link : Simply Blue v2.0

[/INFO]

[TIP]
Go to Settings/Status Bar/Indicator Color/
Enter in #ff00a3f6 for an exact color match with the blue theme for your Power Widget indicator bars in the notification pulldown area.
[/TIP]

[/NOTE]

Last edited:

beedip

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Okay found my first issues:

1). The battery style "status bar" has disappeared.
2). My camera app has stopped working, I took 3-4 pictures and then it just freezes after i try and capture a picture.

Keep up the good work though guys!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Okay found my first issues:

1). The battery style "status bar" has disappeared.
2). My camera app has stopped working, I took 3-4 pictures and then it just freezes after i try and capture a picture.

Keep up the good work though guys!

The battery styles have always been a bit weird even on stock Oxygen. Try toggling it again to the status bar and it should come back...

Camera app, which version of Oxygen 2.3 are you running? This is built off Oxygen 2.3 and I know they released a Oxygen 2.3.1 that has a camera bug/fix in it. Possibility if your running the newer version and flashed this over the top something may not be working together correctly.

beedip

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have tried toggling the status bar battery style already and sadly, no luck. I am running Oxygen 2.3, I haven't upgraded yet. :(

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Strange behavior. I've had mine act up when switching battery styles but a quick toggle will cure it. I've never had it disappear and not come back.. I've been running this now for geez about 2 weeks since it started out as Blue Oxygen.

The camera I'm not sure either...

Possibility not a good flash? I would consider wiping and flash again and see what happens.

Update:

I will look into the status bar display issue, that isn't displaying for me either now that I try it... Something obviously happened somewhere along the way in our various test builds leading up to this version. Sorry about that.

Camera however seems to be working fine. I snapped about 5 pics in a row and no lock ups or anything when attempting to go into camera settings, etc..

Last edited:

beedip

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The camera started to fail after I tried to take a picture with GOSMSPro and used the "capture picture" option trying to attach an image. I am going to flash it again when I get home, but until then :(

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The camera started to fail after I tried to take a picture with GOSMSPro and used the "capture picture" option trying to attach an image. I am going to flash it again when I get home, but until then :(

This could be something related to GOSMSPro and how its handling things... I use GOSMS too... Have never tried the Capture option. I almost want to say I read something awhile back about issues with GOSMS and attaching pics.

Zigg and I are currently looking into the status bar battery option... Something changed along the way and were trying to figure out what we did.. LOL..

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Update on broken battery meter "Status Bar style"

The dev of Oxygen ROM has stated that he removed this option in the newest 2.3.1 build due to some issues and this could be the problems were running into being broken in this theme even though its build on 2.3.

We have located the spots in the smali code and xmls to work on the problem but seeing how the developer has decided to pass on this option for now we are going to do the same and not waste our resources over 1 thing... He has stated he plans on bringing this optional battery style mod back into play at a later date.

I hope you understand. No sense working on a fix until we are "BLUE" in the face.... LOL.

Paul & Zigg

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone used GPS test on their nexus running the oxygen rom? I tried GPS test on my nexus not only did it not lock on a single satellite, it couldn't even find one. I noticed the light in the test that is supposed to be green when GPS is on was yellow. I checked all my settings and GPS was set on. I was curious, so I loaded the pool party rom and ran the test. I got the green light indicating it was on and locked onto 8 of 9 satellites and showed it accurate to 6 feet.

While the test showed my GPS was disabled with the oxygen rom, google maps still found my location within 400 yrds.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

charn65

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone used GPS test on their nexus running the oxygen rom? I tried GPS test on my nexus not only did it not lock on a single satellite, it couldn't even find one. I noticed the light in the test that is supposed to be green when GPS is on was yellow. I checked all my settings and GPS was set on. I was curious, so I loaded the pool party rom and ran the test. I got the green light indicating it was on and locked onto 8 of 9 satellites and showed it accurate to 6 feet.

While the test showed my GPS was disabled with the oxygen rom, google maps still found my location within 400 yrds.

Telnav works fine on mine. I'm on the 2.3.1 version. I tried 2.3.2 and it kept freezing up.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Telnav works fine on mine. I'm on the 2.3.1 version. I tried 2.3.2 and it kept freezing up.

2.3.1 is the version I was running. Like I said maps located me within 200 yards but that may have been because I have both use wireless network checked as well as gps. So maps may have just found me with the wireless network. The fact that gps test wouldn't find single satellite leads me to that conclusion.

The fact that with pool party, the phone locked on 8 of 9 satellites and was accurate to 6 feet and was almost instant. Also leads me to the same conclusion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo