hello im a lurker, love the site its helped me a ton. had my nexus since late may and just finally decided to play around with it. I'm stock rooted. have the peter Alfonso tether fix and his latest kernel from 11/06/11. in the kernel description it says it overclocked to 1.4ghz with a 1.1ghz slot. can anyone tell me how to change to 1.1? I want to see if the battery will last longer
    11-16-2011 05:51 PM
    hello im a lurker, love the site its helped me a ton. had my nexus since late may and just finally decided to play around with it. I'm stock rooted. have the peter Alfonso tether fix and his latest kernel from 11/06/11. in the kernel description it says it overclocked to 1.4ghz with a 1.1ghz slot. can anyone tell me how to change to 1.1? I want to see if the battery will last longer
    Grab SetCPU, Overclock Widget or other CPU/kernel settings tool from the Market. Then you can change your CPU speed settings.
    macky likes this.
    11-16-2011 06:06 PM
    Over clocking to 1.1 is going to drain your battery faster, since the phone is default 1.0. To save battery, you need to underclock it below 1.0
    11-17-2011 08:37 PM
    If you really want to get the full Pete experience flash his GPA19 (Bugless Beast.) It comes with the CPU Toolkit. With the modifications he makes to the stock rom you can run GPA19 at speeds of 800/100 and still be faster than stock.
    11-18-2011 09:06 AM
    thanks for the suggestions. ive been playing with different kernels and noticed that my signal fluctuates a lot with his kernel. for example when i click to open a webpage, it jumps from 4 to 0 bars, then after the page opens it jumps back up to 4 bars...kind like the antenna loses power for a few. same thing happens when running a speedtest. any ideas as to what causes this...
    11-20-2011 09:58 AM
    It is usually just a graphical glitch for the most part, you should still have signal when it does that.
    11-24-2011 03:57 AM
    thanks for the suggestions. ive been playing with different kernels and noticed that my signal fluctuates a lot with his kernel. for example when i click to open a webpage, it jumps from 4 to 0 bars, then after the page opens it jumps back up to 4 bars...kind like the antenna loses power for a few. same thing happens when running a speedtest. any ideas as to what causes this...
    Of course, mine did this on stock.
    11-24-2011 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD