NSCollab Sprint 1.0.51 or Pool Party 1.5

hvargaslh

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Not sure which to go with.. NSCollab Sprint 1.0.51 seemed a lil more snappy compared to PoolParty 1.5 R1, but with Daily coming out thinking about going back to Pool Pary using MAtrix11 kernal.

Thoughts???

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Not sure which to go with.. NSCollab Sprint 1.0.51 seemed a lil more snappy compared to PoolParty 1.5 R1, but with Daily coming out thinking about going back to Pool Pary using MAtrix11 kernal.

Thoughts???

Kernels, they can make a difference and given a chance you will find a good mix somewhere.

I haven't ran NSCollab but I have been running Pool Party now exclusively since the DD came out and its really impressive... No FC's, virtually bug free and you can't beat the variety of mods in the Settings package but still remains a lean ROM and very AOSP.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Kernels, they can make a difference and given a chance you will find a good mix somewhere.

I haven't ran NSCollab but I have been running Pool Party now exclusively since the DD came out and its really impressive... No FC's, virtually bug free and you can't beat the variety of mods in the Settings package but still remains a lean ROM and very AOSP.

Just out of curiosity, Paul, I have been tempted to run Pool Party, but honestly I was a little put off by the interface. Based on some of his screenshtos in XDA, it appears as though he has some "cheesy" icons replacing stock icons and the words "dreamsforgotten" in the notification pull-down, etc. I know this sounds a little vain, but I didn't download it because of that.

So far, I have tried the following ROMS/kernels together:

Oxygen 2.3.1 with stock, matr1x (9.5-10.5), franco, GLaDOS, PA
Buggless Beast GPA 19 with stock, matr1x 9.5, franco, PA

Not sure I know which one is best at this time. I think I switch back and forth too much.

Going to try GPA 19 with GLaDOS. If same or worse, will give Pool Party a try.

No complaints; get 16 hours on the battery with use...just want more!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, Paul, I have been tempted to run Pool Party, but honestly I was a little put off by the interface. Based on some of his screenshtos in XDA, it appears as though he has some "cheesy" icons replacing stock icons and the words "dreamsforgotten" in the notification pull-down, etc. I know this sounds a little vain, but I didn't download it because of that.

So far, I have tried the following ROMS/kernels together:

Oxygen 2.3.1 with stock, matr1x (9.5-10.5), franco, GLaDOS, PA
Buggless Beast GPA 19 with stock, matr1x 9.5, franco, PA

Not sure I know which one is best at this time. I think I switch back and forth too much.

Going to try GPA 19 with GLaDOS. If same or worse, will give Pool Party a try.

No complaints; get 16 hours on the battery with use...just want more!

The screen shots taken were with icons from his personal theme. The public version has stock icons as you would expect.

The dreamsforgotten print in the pulldown, again this was his own theme... It says "TSM" which is the tag for the lockscreen mod developer and can be changed by you...

Dreams put together a heck of a ROM, and its all stock looking and not branded by him in any way shape or form :)

ip_freely

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

What is DD?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

mutatedcashew

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Get Pool Party, and Run it with GLaDOS 1.9. Its what I run and I like it a lot. Battery life isn't great, but im OCed to 1.4 :p Itd probably be better if you ran it at 1-800. Its 99.99% bug free, never FC's on me and is a very snappy and quick set up.