[ICS] [AOSP] [Nexus S 4G] Koush's Build for CDMA Nexus S 4G

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I jumped over to this version also, as the camcorder works, and Koush's work, IMHO will move along with better support.

yup Koush seems to be moving a little faster with updates on his but everyone is also collaborating on fixes so it'll only get better.

I've been running this since this morning and haven't had any real issues.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
@digitalslacker, thanks for posting... I've been busy doing all the family holiday stuff and fell a little behind the ball on getting this up..

Thanks again.

charn65

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Settings > More... (under Wireless & Networking) > Tethering & Portable Hotspot

I haven't tried it but that's where you can enable it.

Any idea where they hid the long press feature? I've been searching for an hour now... :)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Any idea where they hid the long press feature? I've been searching for an hour now... :)

not exactly sure what the long press settings are...
but they are probably under Settings > Language & input > Android Keyboard (settings on the right)
bunch of settings in there and you can hit advanced at the bottom for a few more.

i hope that helps!

charn65

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
not exactly sure what the long press settings are...
but they are probably under Settings > Language & input > Android Keyboard (settings on the right)
bunch of settings in there and you can hit advanced at the bottom for a few more.

i hope that helps!

Sorry for the obscure reference :D long press for the back key, so you can kill app, instead of hitting back button over and over. I looked in that area, so it must be a feature not included yet.

Awesome so far otherwise!

betachains

May 7, 2011
Visit site
For the past couple of days, I spent a lot of time playing with all (?) 3 of the new ICS builds. With various patching contortions, I got most of the functions working. I even tried an additional kernel flash topaly around with overclocking.

Bottom line: none of them are close to prime-time, compared to my daily CM7 nightly, slight OC, slight UV. It's not just the missing features, but the speed and responsiveness.

It is very early, and I thank all the devs for putting ICS out in several flavors already. But as of right now, stick with Gingerbread.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
For the past couple of days, I spent a lot of time playing with all (?) 3 of the new ICS builds. With various patching contortions, I got most of the functions working. I even tried an additional kernel flash topaly around with overclocking.

Bottom line: none of them are close to prime-time, compared to my daily CM7 nightly, slight OC, slight UV. It's not just the missing features, but the speed and responsiveness.

It is very early, and I thank all the devs for putting ICS out in several flavors already. But as of right now, stick with Gingerbread.

This build is my daily driver now, but I'd be kidding myself if i said it was stable. Few reboot and battery pulls since yesterday morning. But I'm OK with that, I got ICS! :)

Some great work by all the dev's working on this...I'm gonna try to stick with ICS until it's officially released, or I get a GN, which ever comes first!

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the obscure reference :D long press for the back key, so you can kill app, instead of hitting back button over and over. I looked in that area, so it must be a feature not included yet.

I thought that was a CM feature, that some other ROMs also have. I didn't think that was an AOSP item.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site

You can always long press the home button and the selectivlely kill any app by swiping it left or right.

Long pressing the back button to kill was never an AOSP feature but it was picked up from CM by several custom ROMs. I'm sure we'll see it resurface as work continues on CM9 and these early ports stabelize and new custom flavors are released.

Reactions: charn65

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Great build so far.. Everything seem to be working very well... Can't wait until official release so things will really get interesting... Until then this will work just fine :)

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
for the daring here is a test build based off of Koush's latest Alpha 9 build
xda-developers - View Single Post - [ICS] [AOSP] [Nexus S 4G] Koush's Build for CDMA Nexus S 4G

I've been running it since this morning...one or two reboots...overall pretty good though

I'm also running the latest Matrix Kernel for ICS which supports Over Clocking
[KERNEL]*Matr1x* with BLN and voodoo v11.0 | ICS - xda-developers

that might be the reason for the reboots :)

Using GLaDOS release 5 for ICS(put that on the rom this morning), no reboots since I threw the v9 on my phone last night. OC to 1400, if so desired, although I have only pushed it to 1100. BLN works, just not blinking BLN, missing liblights or something. DEEP-IDLE, etc, etc. See post below:

[KERNEL][24 NOV] GLaDOS for ICS - xda-developers

The one thing I did notice, was that with stock build of Koush's alpha v9 on CDMA has the ability to set data limits in the data usage section. After the kernel, no dice. I have reported that, but since with sprint having unlimited Data, it is not as big of concern to me as a snappier ROM is.