12-03-2011 03:42 PM
75 123
tools
    Ok, so I was messing around with the OC stuff and LiveOC, and now my device will boot but get stuck after the SD card loads. Can I change the OC settings somehow without actually booting in?

you could factory reset or re-install the rom...that'd should get you back to the point where you can boot.
    usually NSTools will blow away all the settings if you get a random reboot and revert the settings back to normal.
    11-30-2011 07:58 AM
    One more question, is anyone able to control the media volume with the side rockers?
    Not with the phone locked. I noticed this yesterday.
    11-30-2011 09:04 AM
    Not with the phone locked. I noticed this yesterday.

I use Spotify and Doggcatcher a lot and if i'm not in the application i can't control the volume at all. I haven't tried a native app like Google Music.
    11-30-2011 09:11 AM
    Still no volume control in any media app other than music... with or without headset doesn't matter.. volume is set to one level for Pandora, Iheartradio, youtube, etc. etc.
    11-30-2011 03:15 PM
    Is anyone else getting interferences randomly when playing back music? Like hiccups or skips or whatnot? It's like the phone can't handle playing back music fully and anything else that happens in the background causes the music to stutter.
    11-30-2011 04:00 PM
    Is anyone else getting interferences randomly when playing back music? Like hiccups or skips or whatnot? It's like the phone can't handle playing back music fully and anything else that happens in the background causes the music to stutter.
    yeah I get those...mostly on doggcatcher. Not really on spotify

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    11-30-2011 05:41 PM
    yeah I get those...mostly on doggcatcher. Not really on spotify

Well, I mean when playing sd card music that I've put on the phone. I never had that happen before I MODed my phone so was wondering if maybe the mod was causing issues with music playback.
    11-30-2011 07:03 PM
    Well, I mean when playing sd card music that I've put on the phone. I never had that happen before I MODed my phone so was wondering if maybe the mod was causing issues with music playback.
    it could be ICS...it's still an alpha build
    11-30-2011 07:23 PM
    If its not a big deal I would just re push CWM recovery via ADB to the device again just to make sure things are sticking...
    [How-To] Unlock, Install SU, Custom Recovery
    Thanks a ton. I repushed it to my phone, and all is good in the world again.

11-30-2011 10:33 PM
    I flashed this yesterday and it was very stable until I called my dad and he couldn't hear me. Turns out that this only happened to people on my favorite contacts list. I also flashed the ICS version of Matr1x kernel. I rebooted several times and also reflashed the rom several times, no luck . Anyone know what's wrong?
    12-01-2011 12:39 AM
    Does anyone remember what the fix for the calendar sync is?
    12-01-2011 10:32 AM
    I've been getting Screen Of Death's all day......5 or 6 I think.

No clue though if it's cause of the new Franco kernel from last night or something else. That was the only major change I've made.
    12-01-2011 04:52 PM
    Sorry. I dont

12-01-2011 04:54 PM
    Can someone else confirm if all day events are working in the calendar widget?. create an event to all day in the calendar and see if it shows up in the calendar widget or if it just says no upcoming events
    12-01-2011 08:14 PM
    I've been getting Screen Of Death's all day......5 or 6 I think.

No clue though if it's cause of the new Franco kernel from last night or something else. That was the only major change I've made.
    What tweaks do have enabled? Deep Idle can cause that if you haven't raised your voltage....

Long days and pleasant nights............
    12-01-2011 08:17 PM
    Can someone else confirm if all day events are working in the calendar widget?. create an event to all day in the calendar and see if it shows up in the calendar widget or if it just says no upcoming events
    They aren't. That's the main reason I asked if anyone remembers the fix for it.

What tweaks do have enabled? Deep Idle can cause that if you haven't raised your voltage....
    smartassv2
    100/1000
    no live oc
    deep idle yes
    stock voltages
    3G and SDcard speed hacks in propmodder.

Ive never messed with my voltages on any kernel. could very likely be that though because i did get a few while on Matrix. Didn't start happening on ICS until today and ive been on it for a good week now.
    12-01-2011 08:23 PM
    Ok I'm running this ROM | AOSP 4.0.1 (ICS) and Loving it. I switch off from Matr1x kernal and FrancoKernal, But cant get GPS to lock now..on matr1x11.5 ICS now..

Shall I reflash rom right over then reflash kernal? should i clear davlick cache first?

Another thing Do I still need setCPU or NSTools, does one overwrite the other?

Thanks
    12-02-2011 09:14 AM
    Ok I'm running this ROM | AOSP 4.0.1 (ICS) and Loving it. I switch off from Matr1x kernal and FrancoKernal, But cant get GPS to lock now..on matr1x11.5 ICS now..

Shall I reflash rom right over then reflash kernal? should i clear davlick cache first?

Another thing Do I still need setCPU or NSTools, does one overwrite the other?

Thanks
    I would stick with NSTools at this point.. It handles most of what we need at the moment for kernel usage....

Honestly I haven't done much kernel tweaking due to the fact I know these are all WIP and were not really going to see real good performance until we get NS4G source.
    12-02-2011 09:28 AM
    After using this as my daily driver for a week I can say that it's fairly stable. The volume control bug is a little annoying and the camera app freezes occasionally. Overall, great effort! Not quite as smooth as the official gingerbread but pretty close. Will definitely tide me over until the official rom is released.

However, I have noticed that battery life seems to be draining faster than with GB. A few occasions my phone has felt like it was overheating when I wasn't even using it. Just pull it out of my pocket and it's very warm.
    12-02-2011 09:54 AM
    I hadn't checked GPS but I decided to try it.

Google Maps isn't working.

Telenav is, I'm only about 1/2 mile off, must be off tower signals, both are checked

Luckily I'm not lost and can wait till somone figures it out, no biggee for me!! And yes, I cleared data.
    12-02-2011 11:03 AM
    I hadn't checked GPS but I decided to try it.

Google Maps isn't working.

Telenav is, I'm only about 1/2 mile off, must be off tower signals, both are checked

Luckily I'm not lost and can wait till somone figures it out, no biggee for me!! And yes, I cleared data.
    Maps and Navigation working perfectly for me.
    12-02-2011 11:07 AM
    Haven't had any of the problems the rest of you are having with volume/Cal/restarts. Everything is working great for me. Still can't get bln working. By far the best isc from out.

12-02-2011 09:10 PM
    Haven't had any of the problems the rest of you are having with volume/Cal/restarts. Everything is working great for me. Still can't get bln working. By far the best isc from out.

Flash Matr1x kernel for smoother performance and bln
    12-02-2011 09:28 PM
    New version is up.... See other thread....

[ROM][WIP][ALPHA][NS4G] oICSv19 | AOSP 4.0.1 (ICS)
    12-02-2011 10:21 PM
    New version is up.... See other thread....

[ROM][WIP][ALPHA][NS4G] oICSv19 | AOSP 4.0.1 (ICS)
    21 is up. Just went from 13 to 21. A lot quicker! Very nice. Don't know how the builds were before 21 after 13 but I like this.

Updating from 13 to 21 on first boot email and exchange crashed. Second reboot seems to be working but I don't use them so I don't know. And the browser Icon in the tray said not installed. Had to replace it with the browser from the app list.
    12-03-2011 03:42 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD