asop's ASOP oICSv13 - working MMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3grady2

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah im running this one too. Its really good. Only problem i have is getting all.day events to show in the calendar widget.

Last edited:

evoldroid

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Just in case you guys didn't see it yet, best ICS NS4G ROM i've used yet.

working - BT, WiFi (no patch), Indicators, MMS, USB, etc.

Stable as hell, and has some goodies baked in.

[ROM][WIP][ALPHA][NS4G] oICSv13-Working Incoming MMS | AOSP 4.0.1 (ICS) - xda-developers

Running this as well.I was about to post a link and i see you beat me to the punch.I would say the best ics i have installed by far.Only problem im having is choppy video playback.But im sure this will be fixed in a couple updates if not the next one.Everything works and like said earlier has some extras

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Been running this one for a few hrs now... Pretty stable.. Looks like it's got francos kernel stock...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

jonas916#AC

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! Will flash after work! Anyone know if contacts work in go SMS?

GoSMS contacts are still not working. I switched to Handcent when this ice cream sandwich madness started and i'm very happy with it. I also wanted to say that this ROM is the hotness! So far everything works great.

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
GoSMS contacts are still not working. I switched to Handcent when this ice cream sandwich madness started and i'm very happy with it. I also wanted to say that this ROM is the hotness! So far everything works great.

I use Google voice for texts anyways, so GoSMS is only for MMS. As soon as Google figures out the forward your MMS to your Gmail, there will be no more need for third party messaging app.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Stock messaging app works fine on this one for MMS both ways.

Easily the best ICS option out right now.

BUT, something keeps killing my home and search buttons. They work fine after the initial flash but then stop working. I think it's something he has baked in....either NStools or PropModder. Also when these go bad, there is no longer the volume, airplane mode and power options when long pressing the power button. It changes to only the power off option.

w5cyc

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I was very excited about this one at first too, especially since GPS was working. But my capactive buttons are wanky, too. I have one radar program that exits via one press of the back button, which doesn't seem to be working with this rom. Also, I noticed that after leaving the phone alone for awhile and coming back, the indicator on the home screen that Tasker is active was missing. I use Tasker for too many things to have a rom just randomly shut Tasker off for no apparent reason. I'll give it some time overnight, but if it's still screwy tomorrow, I guess I go back to gingerbread until the official update.

badhabits727

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I flashed this last night and am impressed. Big issue i ran into was that i was late for work! Either the alarm didnt sound at all or wasnt loud enough to wake me. Either way i cant have that happen again, so back to stock.

charn65

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I flashed this last night and am impressed. Big issue i ran into was that i was late for work! Either the alarm didnt sound at all or wasnt loud enough to wake me. Either way i cant have that happen again, so back to stock.

Same here, but thankfully I was off Friday. I never looked at the volume settings, where they broke them up into 3 settings; ringtones/alerts, alarms, and media. Live and learn I guess...

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone's BLN working? It says it's enabled in NStools and Franco's kernels are supposed to support it.

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone's BLN working? It says it's enabled in NStools and Franco's kernels are supposed to support it.

Same with mine, NSTools says its on, and the franco kernel should support it, but no dice.

I normally use Neldar's app so I can have blinking back lights, but his reported as not supported even when some ics rom / kernel combinations would have a successful constant on backlight notification after being triggered.

Reactions: chud

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Same with mine, NSTools says its on, and the franco kernel should support it, but no dice.

I normally use Neldar's app so I can have blinking back lights, but his reported as not supported even when some ics rom / kernel combinations would have a successful constant on backlight notification after being triggered.
Thanks for the feedback. As long as I'm not the only one. I might try reflashing his kernel but I'm not too worried about it at this point.

EDIT: I just got an email and the BLN worked. I then went ahead and sent myself a text and it also worked. The only thing I did before making the previous post was went into NStools and activated and then deacitvated Backlight Dimmer.

Last edited:

badhabits727

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Same here, but thankfully I was off Friday. I never looked at the volume settings, where they broke them up into 3 settings; ringtones/alerts, alarms, and media. Live and learn I guess...

I had turned mine all the way up on those three sliders. I am always very cautious about my alarms being perfect. I had alarms in 15 minute intervals from 4:45am-6am, some playing ring tones and some stock tones, and didn't hear any of them.. it showed them all in my status bar but I never heard anything which leads me to believe they didn't sound. Either way, I'm back on stock.

Another question, I've noticed on all the ics roms that my android os is at like 30%. Is this normal?

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
The screen lock delay setting when a pin or pattern is set doesn't seem to take, it always locks immediately regardless of delay setting. But I can live with that for now.

I just used the stock alarm clock to wake me up this morning and it worked. Battery life isn't bad at all either, I haven't even tried tweaking the kernel settings yet and may not if battery life stays as it has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463