asop's ASOP oICSv13 - working MMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
My alarm went off fine this morning on this ROM, no issues at all.

I wouldn't ever count on an alarm on a alpha build though...if it's that important have a backup one that isn't a phone.
My backup is my 4 year old. I can always count on him to wake me up, even on the weekend, it's awesome... :/

MgWach

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I love this ROM but I have one issue. Every time I reboot and Android comes up, I get an error that says "Unfortunately Google Wallet had to close" and sometimes I get that error a few times in a row. Anyone else had this issue? I don't use Google Wallet and would prefer to uninstall it honestly but if I can't, I just need a way around this error. Thanks!

m3grady2

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I love this ROM but I have one issue. Every time I reboot and Android comes up, I get an error that says "Unfortunately Google Wallet had to close" and sometimes I get that error a few times in a row. Anyone else had this issue? I don't use Google Wallet and would prefer to uninstall it honestly but if I can't, I just need a way around this error. Thanks!

did you do a clean install of the rom when you installed? wipe data, cache, and davlik, also did you backup and restore any data from a previous ics build?

charn65

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I had turned mine all the way up on those three sliders. I am always very cautious about my alarms being perfect. I had alarms in 15 minute intervals from 4:45am-6am, some playing ring tones and some stock tones, and didn't hear any of them.. it showed them all in my status bar but I never heard anything which leads me to believe they didn't sound. Either way, I'm back on stock.

Another question, I've noticed on all the ics roms that my android os is at like 30%. Is this normal?

Yes, my battery stats also say that the Android OS is running at 30%, but the battery life is good, so who knows...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

MgWach

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
did you do a clean install of the rom when you installed? wipe data, cache, and davlik, also did you backup and restore any data from a previous ics build?

Ah crud. I just wiped cache and dalvik and backed up. I need to wipe everything including apps and files?

craigwann

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Doing a clean flash of the rom without restoring system settings fixed the button issues for me. BLN still not working. Any advice?

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Doing a clean flash of the rom without restoring system settings fixed the button issues for me. BLN still not working. Any advice?

I turned on and then turned off Backlight Dimmer in NSTools and was suddenly getting the BLN's. NO clue if it was just coincidence or actually triggered something, but notifications have been working great all day since then.

charn65

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone try installing swype on this?

I did over the weekend, but it froze up a few times, so I went back to the stock keyboard for now. This being my business phone, and a ton of emails to answer, it got a little frustrating.

Reactions: gabbott

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
For those having issues with bln......uninstall the bln app....only use nstools. That's what worked for me.......

Long days and pleasant nights............

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Been running this since last night. Really good. Really stable. Alarm went off this morning. Had one random reboot today.

Running smart ass 2 with 1.2ghz. I still find it a little slugish at times. Im sure thatll be a different story with the official build.

Face recognition doesnt seem to work. No camera effects. Otherwise everything else seems to be working really good.

The browser is actually really nice on here.

Ics for the win. Love it.

Glad to see all the apps work. Tried out google body. Like the disable apps option even though im obviously rooted.

Couple things i dont like. Auto correct not working on the browser? People should just be contacts. Should be in the dialer instead of a seperate contacts section.

Is there group video chat on here?

Am i not using the video editor right or does it just not work?

cntchds

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm having trouble booting back into recovery. I have tried a couple times using Rom Manager, and just booting holding down power/volume down, and it doesn't even get to the bootloader screen. I'm going to try from terminal next, but I'm not sure if this is just a problem when mixing AOSP with Matr1x 11.5 or what.

Edit: Got to the bootloader from the terminal commands, but still will not boot into recovery even after reflashing CWM on Rom Manager. I'm not sure what's going on, but it does not seem good. Any advice?

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
My first initial time booting into CWM after flashing this was slow going using the manual method (Vol Down+Power). After that it has been fine using manual method or from ROM Manager.

FYI, I am using Matrix 11.5 too.

If its not a big deal I would just re push CWM recovery via ADB to the device again just to make sure things are sticking...
[How-To] Unlock, Install SU, Custom Recovery

Avoid ROM Manager when doing so, it just seems to always been so hit or miss on dependability of flashing new/updated recoveries...

Reactions: cntchds

jpirog

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I did over the weekend, but it froze up a few times, so I went back to the stock keyboard for now. This being my business phone, and a ton of emails to answer, it got a little frustrating.

Yes, also working for me. It's a little bit slower but it works just fine. Except I'm using handcent and when the quick text box comes up, it covers part of the bottom. I'm not sure if that's a handcent problem, swype problem, or ICS problem.. Anyone else have this?

Also, for anyone using handcent - when MMS's come does handcent crash for you?

jpirog

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, also working for me. It's a little bit slower but it works just fine. Except I'm using handcent and when the quick text box comes up, it covers part of the bottom. I'm not sure if that's a handcent problem, swype problem, or ICS problem.. Anyone else have this?

Also, for anyone using handcent - when MMS's come does handcent crash for you?

One more question, is anyone able to control the media volume with the side rockers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay