12-03-2011 03:42 PM
75 123
tools
    Just in case you guys didn't see it yet, best ICS NS4G ROM i've used yet.

working - BT, WiFi (no patch), Indicators, MMS, USB, etc.

Stable as hell, and has some goodies baked in.

[ROM][WIP][ALPHA][NS4G] oICSv13-Working Incoming MMS | AOSP 4.0.1 (ICS) - xda-developers
    charn65 and gabbott like this.
    11-27-2011 01:50 AM
    Yeah im running this one too. Its really good. Only problem i have is getting all.day events to show in the calendar widget.
    11-27-2011 08:19 AM
    Awesome! Will flash after work! Anyone know if contacts work in go SMS?
    11-27-2011 09:51 AM

[ROM][WIP][ALPHA][NS4G] oICSv13-Working Incoming MMS | AOSP 4.0.1 (ICS) - xda-developers
    Running this as well.I was about to post a link and i see you beat me to the punch.I would say the best ics i have installed by far.Only problem im having is choppy video playback.But im sure this will be fixed in a couple updates if not the next one.Everything works and like said earlier has some extras
    11-27-2011 11:11 AM

By far, the smoothest runner yet that I've tried with ics. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    11-27-2011 01:06 PM
    Been running this one for a few hrs now... Pretty stable.. Looks like it's got francos kernel stock...

11-27-2011 03:26 PM

I agree, best ROM for the NS4G for sure. Right now at least. Been running it all day.
    justmerob likes this.
    11-27-2011 05:52 PM
    Awesome! Will flash after work! Anyone know if contacts work in go SMS?
    GoSMS contacts are still not working. I switched to Handcent when this ice cream sandwich madness started and i'm very happy with it. I also wanted to say that this ROM is the hotness! So far everything works great.

11-27-2011 07:05 PM
    wtf is an ASOP lol
    11-27-2011 07:55 PM
    GoSMS contacts are still not working. I switched to Handcent when this ice cream sandwich madness started and i'm very happy with it. I also wanted to say that this ROM is the hotness! So far everything works great.

I use Google voice for texts anyways, so GoSMS is only for MMS. As soon as Google figures out the forward your MMS to your Gmail, there will be no more need for third party messaging app.
    11-27-2011 08:06 PM
    Stock messaging app works fine on this one for MMS both ways.

Easily the best ICS option out right now.

BUT, something keeps killing my home and search buttons. They work fine after the initial flash but then stop working. I think it's something he has baked in....either NStools or PropModder. Also when these go bad, there is no longer the volume, airplane mode and power options when long pressing the power button. It changes to only the power off option.
    11-27-2011 09:26 PM
    Volume button bug is still present as well.
    11-27-2011 11:30 PM
    I was very excited about this one at first too, especially since GPS was working. But my capactive buttons are wanky, too. I have one radar program that exits via one press of the back button, which doesn't seem to be working with this rom. Also, I noticed that after leaving the phone alone for awhile and coming back, the indicator on the home screen that Tasker is active was missing. I use Tasker for too many things to have a rom just randomly shut Tasker off for no apparent reason. I'll give it some time overnight, but if it's still screwy tomorrow, I guess I go back to gingerbread until the official update.
    11-27-2011 11:44 PM
    I flashed this last night and am impressed. Big issue i ran into was that i was late for work! Either the alarm didnt sound at all or wasnt loud enough to wake me. Either way i cant have that happen again, so back to stock.
    11-28-2011 09:35 AM
    I flashed this last night and am impressed. Big issue i ran into was that i was late for work! Either the alarm didnt sound at all or wasnt loud enough to wake me. Either way i cant have that happen again, so back to stock.
    Same here, but thankfully I was off Friday. I never looked at the volume settings, where they broke them up into 3 settings; ringtones/alerts, alarms, and media. Live and learn I guess...

11-28-2011 09:46 AM
    Is anyone's BLN working? It says it's enabled in NStools and Franco's kernels are supposed to support it.
    11-28-2011 11:01 AM
    Is anyone's BLN working? It says it's enabled in NStools and Franco's kernels are supposed to support it.
    Same with mine, NSTools says its on, and the franco kernel should support it, but no dice.

I normally use Neldar's app so I can have blinking back lights, but his reported as not supported even when some ics rom / kernel combinations would have a successful constant on backlight notification after being triggered.
    chud likes this.
    11-28-2011 11:16 AM
    Same with mine, NSTools says its on, and the franco kernel should support it, but no dice.

I normally use Neldar's app so I can have blinking back lights, but his reported as not supported even when some ics rom / kernel combinations would have a successful constant on backlight notification after being triggered.
    Thanks for the feedback. As long as I'm not the only one. I might try reflashing his kernel but I'm not too worried about it at this point.

EDIT: I just got an email and the BLN worked. I then went ahead and sent myself a text and it also worked. The only thing I did before making the previous post was went into NStools and activated and then deacitvated Backlight Dimmer.
    11-28-2011 11:22 AM
    Same here, but thankfully I was off Friday. I never looked at the volume settings, where they broke them up into 3 settings; ringtones/alerts, alarms, and media. Live and learn I guess...

I had turned mine all the way up on those three sliders. I am always very cautious about my alarms being perfect. I had alarms in 15 minute intervals from 4:45am-6am, some playing ring tones and some stock tones, and didn't hear any of them.. it showed them all in my status bar but I never heard anything which leads me to believe they didn't sound. Either way, I'm back on stock.

Another question, I've noticed on all the ics roms that my android os is at like 30%. Is this normal?
    11-28-2011 02:39 PM
    The screen lock delay setting when a pin or pattern is set doesn't seem to take, it always locks immediately regardless of delay setting. But I can live with that for now.

I just used the stock alarm clock to wake me up this morning and it worked. Battery life isn't bad at all either, I haven't even tried tweaking the kernel settings yet and may not if battery life stays as it has been.
    11-28-2011 03:35 PM
    My alarm went off fine this morning on this ROM, no issues at all.

I wouldn't ever count on an alarm on a alpha build though...if it's that important have a backup one that isn't a phone.
    My backup is my 4 year old. I can always count on him to wake me up, even on the weekend, it's awesome... :/
    11-28-2011 06:42 PM
    Hey guys. I love this ROM but I have one issue. Every time I reboot and Android comes up, I get an error that says "Unfortunately Google Wallet had to close" and sometimes I get that error a few times in a row. Anyone else had this issue? I don't use Google Wallet and would prefer to uninstall it honestly but if I can't, I just need a way around this error. Thanks!
    11-28-2011 06:50 PM
    Hey guys. I love this ROM but I have one issue. Every time I reboot and Android comes up, I get an error that says "Unfortunately Google Wallet had to close" and sometimes I get that error a few times in a row. Anyone else had this issue? I don't use Google Wallet and would prefer to uninstall it honestly but if I can't, I just need a way around this error. Thanks!
    did you do a clean install of the rom when you installed? wipe data, cache, and davlik, also did you backup and restore any data from a previous ics build?
    11-28-2011 07:12 PM
    I had turned mine all the way up on those three sliders. I am always very cautious about my alarms being perfect. I had alarms in 15 minute intervals from 4:45am-6am, some playing ring tones and some stock tones, and didn't hear any of them.. it showed them all in my status bar but I never heard anything which leads me to believe they didn't sound. Either way, I'm back on stock.

Another question, I've noticed on all the ics roms that my android os is at like 30%. Is this normal?
    Yes, my battery stats also say that the Android OS is running at 30%, but the battery life is good, so who knows...

11-28-2011 07:37 PM
    did you do a clean install of the rom when you installed? wipe data, cache, and davlik, also did you backup and restore any data from a previous ics build?
    Ah crud. I just wiped cache and dalvik and backed up. I need to wipe everything including apps and files?
    11-28-2011 07:55 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD