02-17-2012 06:45 AM
279 ... 9101112
tools
    I'm running v43 now, was running Peter Alphonso's rooted stock GB ROM previously.

Does anyone else find this a little sluggish as compared to GB? It takes quite awhile for gmail and such to start up.

Also, my email and text notifications don't stop, the ringtone just keeps going until I view the notification. Is there a way to turn that off?
    12-27-2011 05:52 PM
    I'm running v43 now, was running Peter Alphonso's rooted stock GB ROM previously.

Does anyone else find this a little sluggish as compared to GB? It takes quite awhile for gmail and such to start up.

Also, my email and text notifications don't stop, the ringtone just keeps going until I view the notification. Is there a way to turn that off?
    Try the GlaDOS, or Matrix kernels, they make a world of difference to the speed. I'm actually running quite a bit faster than I ever did on GB.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    crzycrkr likes this.
    12-27-2011 06:43 PM

flash matr1x v13 it's almost a fast as my fastest gingerbread benchmark. Overclock it to 1600 or more and it was only a hair slower than gingerbread clocked at the same speed.

12-27-2011 06:54 PM
    The kernel that aosp posted in the xda thread...Eugene's 3.1.5 kernel that aosp asked people to try is running very smooth on my phone all day today. Ucd it to my usual dd setting of 220/880 using smartassv2 I've gone all day....on the initial flash with good batt results already(10+ hours with 2-3 screen on time phone still at 30% before I put on charger)

And still 2100+ quads at that setting

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    12-27-2011 07:51 PM
    OK, I'm running Matr1x v13, and I've overclocked to 1400 or so. That does seem to have made a good difference.

Reminds me of when I first OC'd my Pre. Nice boost in performance.
    12-27-2011 08:00 PM
    Another question. My WiFi icon has something flashing on it, and even though the location is "saved", it doesn't connect automatically after a reboot.

My router is not secured, so there's no password or anything like that... What could the issue be?

It was working fine before.
    gutt3 likes this.
    12-27-2011 09:44 PM
    Very annoying when the screen is dim because its dark then gets bright for no reason.
    12-28-2011 04:39 AM
    Another question. My WiFi icon has something flashing on it, and even though the location is "saved", it doesn't connect automatically after a reboot.

My router is not secured, so there's no password or anything like that... What could the issue be?

It was working fine before.
    There is little upload/download icons that flash on it now, kind of like how on GB where 3G showed them. Does it do the same thing with other WiFi networks? Because mine connects just fine on reboot with v41 and v43. Have you tried deleting/forgetting it and let the phone re-add it?

EDIT: Also, in regards to my previous post about bluetooth, it still isn't sending song info to my radio on version 43 either.
    12-28-2011 07:50 AM
    I've noticed lately that every so often my signal bars turn gray, and they no longer indicate 3G or 1x. When this occurs I can still send and receive texts and calls, however I cannot use data, so browser, tweetdeck, and basically anything that uses data will not function. Seeing as I've both updated to v43 AND switched to matr1x 13, I don't know which is causing this. The only method that alleviates the problem is rebooting the phone which is obviously inconvenient. Since I switched both at once (full wipe before anyone asks, including formatting boot, etc.) I don't know which update this problem could be attributed to. If anyone else has this problem could you tell me your set up or a way you fixed it? That would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Edit: Switching airplane mode off and on didn't fix the problem. Only a full reboot fixes it.

12-29-2011 01:14 PM
    Try a different kernel first since that is easier than redoing the ROM.
    12-29-2011 01:30 PM
    Try a different kernel first since that is easier than redoing the ROM.
    Someone on xda said they have the problem with the 3.1.5 kernel so... I didn't have the problem on v41 but I dunno. More research is necessary.

12-29-2011 01:37 PM
    Someone on xda said they have the problem with the 3.1.5 kernel so... I didn't have the problem on v41 but I dunno. More research is necessary.

Sounds good, you come up with any solutions please come back and share so others can benefit from it too....
    12-29-2011 01:48 PM
    I loaded this rom and the only issue I had was that the gallery and music app, did not recognize my internal storage and could not see my music or pictures. The files are visible in root explorer or other file managers, Anyone else experiencing this or have a fix, I am using the stock kernel?
    12-29-2011 02:50 PM
    I loaded this rom and the only issue I had was that the gallery and music app, did not recognize my internal storage and could not see my music or pictures. The files are visible in root explorer or other file managers, Anyone else experiencing this or have a fix, I am using the stock kernel?
    Have you rebooted? My brother's did that once when I first loaded it up and a reboot fixed it.

12-29-2011 03:04 PM
    I'll have to restore my Nandroid of it and see (had to go back to GB since its my work phone too), seems like I rebooted and it still didn't see it but I will check.
    12-29-2011 03:07 PM
    Decided to take this build for a spin (with Matr1x 13.0). Did a full wipe, etc. Went swimmingly for about 24 hours, then my phone locked up and I had to do a battery pull. Then it wouldn't boot. Kept locking up on the (really cool looking) boot animation. So I nandroided back to GB but have a new issue. I can't boot into recovery now. I just get the robot with the exclamation point, so I can't even try to re-flash ICS again. Any ideas on what either I or it did/am doing wrong?
    12-29-2011 10:06 PM
    Decided to take this build for a spin (with Matr1x 13.0). Did a full wipe, etc. Went swimmingly for about 24 hours, then my phone locked up and I had to do a battery pull. Then it wouldn't boot. Kept locking up on the (really cool looking) boot animation. So I nandroided back to GB but have a new issue. I can't boot into recovery now. I just get the robot with the exclamation point, so I can't even try to re-flash ICS again. Any ideas on what either I or it did/am doing wrong?
    Sounds like you borked you recovery somehow... Follow the instructions below to re establish your CWM recovery...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...-recovery.html

Area your interested in is below...

-Download THIS FILE and place in platform-tools on your PC
    -In CMD
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-crespo4g.img
    12-29-2011 11:53 PM
    Flashed oICSv43 4.0.3 with Matr1x v13 and I must say it is exactly what Android needed. It runs smooth and gives me a quadrant of roughly 3k. No lag or shutdowns yet!
    12-30-2011 12:24 AM
    actually i wound up updating ROM manager, then reflashing CWM from there. Works fine now. As far as ICS locking the phone, its actually happened twice. I suspect its an issue with the Kernel, my phone gets unstable at CPU speeds and voltages where it used to be rock solid before. I got it all set back up how I wanted and made a Nandroid backup right away. If it happens again Im going to try a different kernel, for now Im going to leave voltages alone and be less agressive on the clock settings.
    12-30-2011 12:29 AM
    well after about 12 hours the phone randomly locked and went into a boot loop like 5 or 6 times. when it finally booted up it wouldn't wake from sleep so I had to nandroid back again. weird that it seems to happen about every 12 hrs and the phone completely breaks. time to try a different kernel and hope that does it, because I really don't want to go back to gingerbread now that I've tasted the Ice Creamy goodness.
    12-30-2011 06:57 PM
    well after about 12 hours the phone randomly locked and went into a boot loop like 5 or 6 times. when it finally booted up it wouldn't wake from sleep so I had to nandroid back again. weird that it seems to happen about every 12 hrs and the phone completely breaks. time to try a different kernel and hope that does it, because I really don't want to go back to gingerbread now that I've tasted the Ice Creamy goodness.
    Sounds like a kernel issue. I'm running Matr1x with no problems
    12-30-2011 07:51 PM
    Yeah Im leaning towards kernel not getting along with my phone. Not sure what else to try instead yet.
    12-30-2011 10:27 PM
    ... Kept locking up on the (really cool looking) boot animation.
    Speaking of that (and I agree) really cool looking boot animation- any way to make THAT a live wallpaper for us to download or is that sucker too much of a battery suck? (maybe drop the framerate?)

The stock nexus s boot up would be cool too.
    12-31-2011 01:47 AM
    Yeah Im leaning towards kernel not getting along with my phone. Not sure what else to try instead yet.

Thebullfrog,
    If you think you are having kernel issues with this rom, try Eugene's 3.1.6 speedy 2, its in xda under our phone. I have switched to that based on aosp's recommendations, running it at developers stock settings and getting very good performance and best battery life I have seen. All reports in the thread have been nothing but positive, everything works.

Matrix 13.0 had been very good for me, but this is running better on my phone with aospv43
    01-02-2012 07:37 AM
    I'll give that kernel a look. I know now for sure that's the issue. If I dont overclock at all its perfectly fine. For some reason it gets really unstable even at 1.2 when I used to be able to run 1.4. That being said, at stock speed my phone runs much smoother than it ever did on GB. I really love this ROM.
    01-04-2012 01:33 AM
279 ... 9101112