02-17-2012 06:45 AM
279 ... 678910 ...
tools
    hmmmm. sorry for double post, but totally switching frames for a sec. any of you guys tried morfics test Teuv kernel yet with oics? i was using his on my c02 1.1 setup and the battery life + performance for a uc/uv kernel was amazing. tempted to give this a go, but figured id ask you guys. may just wanna wait for a closer to final oics version before playing with kernels too much...and GladOS is rocking
    Nope. My phone likes Matr1x kernels
    12-20-2011 07:46 PM
    i couldn't get good batt life with matr1x.
    12-20-2011 07:56 PM
    i couldn't get good batt life with matr1x.
    What settings were you using, and was it 12.5? Did you give it a few days to settle in? My phone doesn't like live OC, and Matr1x has always treated me well in the past. 12.5 seems to be the first solid ICS kernel he's done.
    12-20-2011 08:09 PM
    well, i was using it with co2 1.1. i was on 11.5 and used it for 2-3 days. don't remembe rthe exact settings, but it was slight underclocked(my preference, and why i'm interested in morfics teuv setup) since. it performed well, just didn't get anything amazing. i'm admittedly a very heavy user when i'm at work though, sit around all day and text/browse forums. labor job at a steel mill at the slow time of year lol.

haven't tried 12.5 yet with oics, though I think i downloaded it. just jumped onto ezeekels kernel and have enjoyed it's smoothness...just bothered if i try to uc it even a tiny bit, it freezes.
    12-20-2011 08:15 PM
    well, i was using it with co2 1.1. i was on 11.5 and used it for 2-3 days. don't remembe rthe exact settings, but it was slight underclocked(my preference, and why i'm interested in morfics teuv setup) since. it performed well, just didn't get anything amazing. i'm admittedly a very heavy user when i'm at work though, sit around all day and text/browse forums. labor job at a steel mill at the slow time of year lol.

haven't tried 12.5 yet with oics, though I think i downloaded it. just jumped onto ezeekels kernel and have enjoyed it's smoothness...just bothered if i try to uc it even a tiny bit, it freezes.
    Gotcha. Everything before 12.5 was pretty unstable. I'm in the same boat with heavy usage, but with batteries at $12 a pop, I have 4 and don't worry too much about battery life. I dont really UV or UC either
    12-20-2011 08:35 PM
    OK... vs 41 is an ICS rom I can run for a day. While it occasionally will lag it is not completely unusable like all the others. Let me explain what I have been complaining about.

Any entry I made on the screen be it a swipe or an icon touch ALWAYS took a full second or two to respond. For instance, if I tried to scroll through the app drawer. I would swipe the screen and then wait a full second and sometimes two before to drawer would even start to move. When it finally moved it would only move 2 lines of on the grid before pausing again for a good second before continuing.

Even more discouraging was tapatalk. I have it set up to show 50 posts per page. When I scrolled through the posts it would do the same thing as the app drawer. I would scroll and wait, scroll and wait.

With GB, I could flick my thumb down the screen and the post would roll smoothly down without ever pausing or showing any lag. This version, while not as smooth as GB, is much better than any previous versions of ICS I've tried.

While I still dislike how ICS looks, I also dislike how all android launchers look. So the looks are not as important as performance since I'm going to use a different launcher anyway.

Version 41 is working pretty well right now with launcher pro. So I will keep it on here for awhile to give it a chance.

See... I am willing to give it a chance. :-)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    12-20-2011 08:38 PM
    Skunk, for your info... Shane (Honeycomb Explosion theme) just moved over tonight from the Epic 4g to the NS4G.... So you will see more of his theming goodness in the near future...

Hope that brightens your day
    12-20-2011 08:44 PM
    OK... vs 41 is an ICS rom I can run for a day. While it occasionally will lag it is not completely unusable like all the others. Let me explain what I have been complaining about.

Any entry I made on the screen be it a swipe or an icon touch ALWAYS took a full second or two to respond. For instance, if I tried to scroll through the app drawer. I would swipe the screen and then wait a full second and sometimes two before to drawer would even start to move. When it finally moved it would only move 2 lines of on the grid before pausing again for a good second before continuing.

Even more discouraging was tapatalk. I have it set up to show 50 posts per page. When I scrolled through the posts it would do the same thing as the app drawer. I would scroll and wait, scroll and wait.

With GB, I could flick my thumb down the screen and the post would roll smoothly down without ever pausing or showing any lag. This version, while not as smooth as GB, is much better than any previous versions of ICS I've tried.

While I still dislike how ICS looks, I also dislike how all android launchers look. So the looks are not as important as performance since I'm going to use a different launcher anyway.

Version 41 is working pretty well right now with launcher pro. So I will keep it on here for awhile to give it a chance.

See... I am willing to give it a chance. :-)

Wow, mine is very responsive and very quick. Smoother and faster than any GB ROMs I've run. Have you done full wipes before your installs?
    12-20-2011 08:50 PM
    Yes full wipes every time.

12-20-2011 08:56 PM
    Skunk, for your info... Shane (Honeycomb Explosion theme) just moved over tonight from the Epic 4g to the NS4G.... So you will see more of his theming goodness in the near future...

Hope that brightens your day
    Now we're talking! I loved the blue theme he did on the epic. WOO! HOO!

12-20-2011 08:58 PM
    Wow, mine is very responsive and very quick. Smoother and faster than any GB ROMs I've run. Have you done full wipes before your installs?
    I'll tell you how bad it was before. My old epic running on eclair was smoother than any of the ICS ROMs i tried before version .41. That's no lie. To be completely honest with you, my rooted epic running gingerbread is still smoother than this rom on my nexus. But... This rom is giving me hope that better things are on the way.

Perhaps my disappoint with ICS stems from the fact i am very late to the rooting game. When i first rooted my epic, the development for the epic had already matured and most of the roms were already fully developed by the time I rooted my it.

This time I'm seeing it from the beginning and watching how things are improving in each version, which is pretty interesting.

Sooooo yes.... I am coming around but at the beginning it was difficult. Especially when reading all the positive things being said, when my experiences were so bad. I still think it's a butt ugly ui but that's what launchers are for.

With Shane coming over to nexus we will start seeing some really nice themes as well!

12-20-2011 09:34 PM
    FYI, those interested Shane is Shane6374 of ACS.. Same group with Shabby Penguin, Dreamsforgotten , qbking77 and many others...

Shane is a very talented theme developer and will bring us some nice themes very soon.
    pitmasterme likes this.
    12-20-2011 09:41 PM
    I'll tell you how bad it was before. My old epic running on eclair was smoother than any of the ICS ROMs i tried before version .41. That's no lie. To be completely honest with you, my rooted epic running gingerbread is still smoother than this rom on my nexus. But... This rom is giving me hope that better things are on the way.

Perhaps my disappoint with ICS stems from the fact i am very late to the rooting game. When i first rooted my epic, the development for the epic had already matured and most of the roms were already fully developed by the time I rooted my it.

This time I'm seeing it from the beginning and watching how things are improving in each version, which is pretty interesting.

Sooooo yes.... I am coming around but at the beginning it was difficult. Especially when reading all the positive things being said, when my experiences were so bad. I still think it's a butt ugly ui but that's what launchers are for.

With Shane coming over to nexus we will start seeing some really nice themes as well!

Wow, that stinks bro. Its been nothing but a top notch daily driver for me since version 13. Some phones just handle things differently. Any rogue apps?
    12-20-2011 10:00 PM
    No... It is working pretty well on v41. I can sick with this for a while. No issues and it's smooth as long as i don't go too fast. Still not as zippy as gb but a huge improvement over what it was.

12-20-2011 10:08 PM
    No... It is working pretty well on v41. I can sick with this for a while. No issues and it's smooth as long as i don't go too fast. Still not as zippy as gb but a huge improvement over what it was.

Hope it keeps getting better for you. I guess I've been really lucky with it.
    12-20-2011 10:18 PM
    One other note about v41. The auto brightness seems a bit brighter than earlier versions.

Edit: i take that back. When i loaded this rom it wasn't on auto.

12-20-2011 10:50 PM
    Giving this Rom a shot. Been waiting for an ICS rom with 4G. Titanium Backup is putting my apps back on my Nexus as I type. Will give an update in 24Hours. May be picky, I love stock rom with Matr1x Kernel.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk
    After giving this a day I was ready to go back to stock, it was way too laggy. I then saw that version 41 came out, so I decided to give that a shot before I go back to stock.

I gotta admit that I am loving this, its much more stable and can actually be used as a daily driver.

I installed the Matr1x 12.5 kernel for ICS and I am super happy with my phone's performance. I am overclocking it to 1200 and the battery hasn't taken that big of a hit.

I usually underclock to 800 on stock which gives great battery life and performs perfectly fine, but I am willing to settle for some ICS lovin.
    12-21-2011 08:12 AM
    One other note about v41. The auto brightness seems a bit brighter than earlier versions.

Edit: i take that back. When i loaded this rom it wasn't on auto.

Auto-Brightness is way too low.
    12-21-2011 08:12 AM
    Auto-Brightness is way too low.
    I've given up on auto brightness on all ROMS. I hate how drastically it changes sometimes. I wish there was more adjustment for it.
    12-21-2011 08:37 AM
    I flashed this rom yesterday and am finally somewhat happy. But my 4g on this rom is completely broken. i have the 4g widget that came with the rom and one i got from the market.

When i use the widget that came with the rom it says i am connected but when i try to download anything nothing. It will not download. If i use the widget i got from the market it tells me there is no 4g capability on the phone.

I know it isn't a signal issue because when i go back to GB i have a strong 4g signal and get 4mb/sec download.

I Reflashed the rom and still have the issue. I am wondering if it could be the glados 2.1 kernel causing this issue.

Can anyone verify that their 4g actually works and actually can download something with the glados 2.1 kernel. Like i said, it shows it is connected and has a signal but it won't download.

12-21-2011 09:52 AM
    I flashed this rom yesterday and am finally somewhat happy. But my 4g on this rom is completely broken. i have the 4g widget that came with the rom and one i got from the market.

When i use the widget that came with the rom it says i am connected but when i try to download anything nothing. It will not download. If i use the widget i got from the market it tells me there is no 4g capability on the phone.

I know it isn't a signal issue because when i go back to GB i have a strong 4g signal and get 4mb/sec download.

I Reflashed the rom and still have the issue. I am wondering if it could be the glados 2.1 kernel causing this issue.

Can anyone verify that their 4g actually works and actually can download something with the glados 2.1 kernel. Like i said, it shows it is connected and has a signal but it won't download.

From watching the XDA thread, 4G is working, but for some reason downloads aren't. You may want to check out the thread over there as there is a ton of info
    Skunkape60 likes this.
    12-21-2011 09:56 AM
    Actually, it seems to be downloading in the stock browser that's the problem. Supposedly other browsers can download under 4G though.
    12-21-2011 01:06 PM

V41 with glados 2.2 set at lazy 220/1100 didle ON. Only my first charge cycle since updating to 41/2.2 tho...and just under 3 hours of screen on time.

Just for anyone looking for ideas on how battery's running. Most of my usage is texting and tapatalk while at work.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    crzycrkr likes this.
    12-21-2011 02:47 PM
    Crashed, then got stuck at the bootloader. Had to wipe cache for it to actually boot. Been fine besides that.
    12-21-2011 04:33 PM
    From watching the XDA thread, 4G is working, but for some reason downloads aren't. You may want to check out the thread over there as there is a ton of info
    You are correct. The issue is the stock browser. Installed dolphin browser and the 4g downloads work fine.

12-21-2011 04:46 PM
279 ... 678910 ...