[ROM][WIP][ALPHA][NS4G] oICSv43 | AOSP 4.0.3 (ICS)

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA][NS4G] oICSv36 | AOSP 4.0.3 (ICS)

O hey. Look at that. Spell check and auto correct work on the browser text fields now. Yay. Lol.

karatechess

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

I'm sure it will.. Were barely 24 hrs into these builds so were making good progress so far...

Oh yeah, I know. Major props to every one working on these builds. I'm no where near skillful enough to even know how to start on something like that.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

O hey. Look at that. Spell check and auto correct work on the browser text fields now. Yay. Lol.
Yep aosp wasn't messing around when he did this build.. Funny how he can crank out such a good first version of 4.0.3... Only imagine what he will do in his next build...

Oh yeah, I know. Major props to every one working on these builds. I'm no where near skillful enough to even know how to start on something like that.
See above

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Anyone notice auto brightness is really sensitive and gets much more dimmer than before?

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

Anyone notice auto brightness is really sensitive and gets much more dimmer than before?

Yeah, I noticed that too. Also, maybe it is just me, but if you disable the auto-brightness and put the phone on the lowest brightness it seems dimmer than before.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Yep brightness is noticeably dimmer....
Maybe something the devs can tweak in the future.

CD_XX

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site

Im having and issue with flash. Is shows Flash Player installed but flash sites do not show in browser. Any fixes for this issue?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Not having any luck with this build. originally flashed without wiping data. Had lots of forced closes, app tray started very laggy, then all icons would stack on top of each other and the updated su wouldn't grant su to any of my apps.

Wiped all data redownloaded all files and reflashed everything. No different at all. Same issues exactly.

I ended up back on gingerbread. Don't know why but my phone doesn't like this version at all.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Brianbgrp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm stable as hell on v36 with Pauls 1% mod. Xda wont load up for me atm...there a new version?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
New version up

New version is available... v40 !

I'm stable as hell on v36 with Pauls 1% mod. Xda wont load up for me atm...there a new version?

Yes see above and XDA was down for maintenance...

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA][NS4G] oICSv40 | AOSP 4.0.3 (ICS)

v40 seems snappy, Superuser is built in now.

My personal setup is running with GlaDOS v2.0.1 kernel set at OnDemand with stock CPU settings.

Brianbgrp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried to put glados bfs on my v36 and just got boot loops...phone would load up....then go back to the bootanimation ans stick. at work so can't swap to v40 yet.

Edit* btw Paul...thanks for the 1% battery mod too. Hate not having it and bugs me to be on any from without it lol

Last edited:

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I tried to put glados bfs on my v36 and just got boot loops...phone would load up....then go back to the bootanimation ans stick. at work so can't swap to v40 yet.

Edit* btw Paul...thanks for the 1% battery mod too. Hate not having it and bugs me to be on any from without it lol

Try cfs....... usually more stable for most phones. I haven't ever had any luck with any bfs kernels from any dev.....

Long days and pleasant nights............

Brianbgrp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Ya...just got CFS and up and running...no probs so far. Haven't touched anything in nstools yet. Anyone know if deep idles working yet?

Edit** with this kernel ICS feels incredibly snappy...things seem to load up at a thought. Pretty impressed already.

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA][NS4G] oICSv40 | AOSP 4.0.3 (ICS)

Ya...just got CFS and up and running...no probs so far. Haven't touched anything in nstools yet. Anyone know if deep idles working yet?

NSTools is still pretty much broken at this point.. The devs of all these apps like Voodoo, NSTools, etc. are probably all in the process of updating things to gel with the new Android 4.0.3.

Few days from now or sooner it will probably be all fixed and we will be happy :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech