[ROM][WIP][ALPHA][NS4G] oICSv43 | AOSP 4.0.3 (ICS)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA][NS4G] oICSv40 | AOSP 4.0.3 (ICS)

Here is an application that just was released... Specifically for this ROM. Its an update app available from the Market for free to notify you of updates, change logs and links to download the ROM.

Very cool and something you should have on your phone if your running this ROM.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.aospoics&pli=1

Brianbgrp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
OK still on oics36 with glados 2.1 just flashed. Things still running great but I can't seem to uc at all. Drop it to 200/800 and phone immediately freezes. I can Oc it without any issues.

If I wanna swap to v40 I'll have to prolly full wipe I assume right?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

OK still on oics36 with glados 2.1 just flashed. Things still running great but I can't seem to uc at all. Drop it to 200/800 and phone immediately freezes. I can Oc it without any issues.

If I wanna swap to v40 I'll have to prolly full wipe I assume right?

Some have done it without a full wipe and been okay by just wiping dalvik....

YMMV.....

I would recommend the full wipe but if your feeling lucky...

Brianbgrp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Ya... tempted to try it to bypass setting everything up again lol. But I dunno.

On a lighter note...thank god for voodoo colors lol. So nice to have em back

tyea

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi--first-time-flasher. I've been using version 36 for a few hours and I'm really enjoying it. Thanks for the quality work! I think I will donate.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I've had one issue so far and that was with the dialer FCing after making a phone call and then trying to dial another number. Only happened once. See what happens.

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Giving this Rom a shot. Been waiting for an ICS rom with 4G. Titanium Backup is putting my apps back on my Nexus as I type. Will give an update in 24Hours. May be picky, I love stock rom with Matr1x Kernel.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

Brianbgrp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Just confirming...went from 36 to 40 just by flashing through from manager and wiping dalvik. Letting it boot back up then went back and reflashed glados 2.1 then Pauls battery mod.

Everything works perfectly so far. Finally got quadrant to run the moon test higher than 10fps with this build too.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

still can't get the damned root to work with ics. Took me 30 minutes to sign into my google account because the initial setup kept FC. Complete data wipe, cache wipe x3, dalvic wipe x3, morfics dalvic wipe x3. Flashed rom & rebooted, flashed su 3.0.7-d-sighed.zip. Still no damned root... So freakin tired of ICS (Ice Cream Sucks). If I can't get this to work in the next 30 minutes I am done with ICS.

for the 10th time in 15 minutes the launcher fc.

Last edited:

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
still can't get the damned root to work with ics. Took me 30 minutes to sign into my google account because the initial setup kept FC. Complete data wipe, cache wipe x3, dalvic wipe x3, morfics dalvic wipe x3. Flashed rom & rebooted, flashed su 3.0.7-d-sighed.zip. Still no damned root... So freakin tired of ICS (Ice Cream Sucks). If I can't get this to work in the next 30 minutes I am done with ICS.

for the 10th time in 15 minutes the launcher fc.

Sorry to hear of your issues....couple things...when you are wiping data and all are you also formatting data, boot, cache etc.....( snandal's wipe all zip is great!)
Are you flashing v40? If so, su has been fixed, no need to flash su zip.....plus I, think 3.0.7 is old..... Its been updated again....

Long days and pleasant nights............

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Sorry to hear of your issues....couple things...when you are wiping data and all are you also formatting data, boot, cache etc.....( snandal's wipe all zip is great!)
Are you flashing v40? If so, su has been fixed, no need to flash su zip.....plus I, think 3.0.7 is old..... Its been updated again....

Actually SU 3.0.7 is the most recent. I suggested to him to restore a GB backup or flash a GB ROM and see if he still indeed has root access or could of lost it somehow...

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Just a heads up. Do not flash su over this rom or you will not get proper root. Finally tried it without flashing the su over the rom and it worked. Doh....

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Ahhhh....sorry. must have misread.....:)

No problem... The way things have been getting updated last few days its easy to miss something....

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Just a heads up. Do not flash su over this rom or you will not get proper root. Finally tried it without flashing the su over the rom and it worked. Doh....

Good! Hopefully you enjoy a great experience like I have had since beezy's sdk builds!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Good! Hopefully you enjoy a great experience like I have had since beezy's sdk builds!

Still too laggy. Until the lag in the app tray is fixed I will stick with GB. Also several of my must have apps don't work on ICS yet. Emailed the Dev asking when or if an update to run on ICS was coming.

My issue with the app drawer is two fold. first is the lag. I scrowl up or down and it pauses a good 2 seconds before it starts to respond to my inputs. Second, the app icons trends to stack on top of each other where it is impossible to open or even tell what app is on top of the pile. Only a restart fixes it and only for a few times into the app drawer. Usually starts happening after the 2nd or 3rd trip to the drawer or immediately after waking the screen after sleep.

I have real funny feeling that ICS will never be as fast or smooth as
GB. Think the software may be too much for the hardware on our phones. Hopefully this isn't the case but if it is, I'm completely ok with that as I prefer the interface on GB over the interface on ICS. GB so far handles launcher pro much better than ICS does now and probably always will. Just don't like pure google launcher on any of the current google versions. So I will most likely always be using a launcher overlay until google makes their launcher with much more configuration options.

Last edited:

jpirog

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm using the glaDOS 2.1 kernel with this rom, and it has the voodoo settings built in. (So I've read)

How do I get to the voodoo options (sorry, still relatively new to android coming from webOS).

What exactly is voodoo for, and I assume it has some settings to solve the green flash of my screen?

Brianbgrp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Download voodoo controls app from market by super curio. It go es you better sound control and rgb/Gama control.

Reactions: jpirog

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Still too laggy. Until the lag in the app tray is fixed I will stick with GB. Also several of my must have apps don't work on ICS yet. Emailed the Dev asking when or if an update to run on ICS was coming.

My issue with the app drawer is two fold. first is the lag. I scrowl up or down and it pauses a good 2 seconds before it starts to respond to my inputs. Second, the app icons trends to stack on top of each other where it is impossible to open or even tell what app is on top of the pile. Only a restart fixes it and only for a few times into the app drawer. Usually starts happening after the 2nd or 3rd trip to the drawer or immediately after waking the screen after sleep.

I have real funny feeling that ICS will never be as fast or smooth as
GB. Think the software may be too much for the hardware on our phones. Hopefully this isn't the case but if it is, I'm completely ok with that as I prefer the interface on GB over the interface on ICS. GB so far handles launcher pro much better than ICS does now and probably always will. Just don't like pure google launcher on any of the current google versions. So I will most likely always be using a launcher overlay until google makes their launcher with much more configuration options.

That's too bad. I've been running ics since the sdk port and aside from one or twice, haven't gone back to gb.. I find ics to be way better than GB and only expect more of the same once official update comes.

I had tried launcher pro also and found that it didn't care for ics at the time(couple weeks ago) but adw ex is extremely slick....but since I prefer the folder option on the dock in the stock launcher(which blows away any previous stock launcher) I'm currently running Nova launcher.....smooth as silk.
maybe your phone just won't like ics and you'll be stuck on GB forever......unfortunate for you...