[ROM][WIP][ALPHA][NS4G] oICSv43 | AOSP 4.0.3 (ICS)

_DammitMan_

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA][NS4G] oICSv40 | AOSP 4.0.3 (ICS)

oICS v41 is now available. I just updated from v40 (only wiped Dalvik this time). So far, so good.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
That's too bad. I've been running ics since the sdk port and aside from one or twice, haven't gone back to gb.. I find ics to be way better than GB and only expect more of the same once official update comes.

I had tried launcher pro also and found that it didn't care for ics at the time(couple weeks ago) but adw ex is extremely slick....but since I prefer the folder option on the dock in the stock launcher(which blows away any previous stock launcher) I'm currently running Nova launcher.....smooth as silk.
maybe your phone just won't like ics and you'll be stuck on GB forever......unfortunate for you...

Long days and pleasant nights............

I haven't found anything I like on ICS that I like better than GB with the exception of the settings menu. Which I think is laid out better on ICS. Other than that, I don't see much reason ICS is better. As of now GB is much faster and much more stable. Plus all my NEEDED apps work on GB. Since I will always be running a launcher overlay (I hate the stock google launcher on all versions and the ICS app drawer is ugly and the gallery is hideous) I don't see any benefits of ICS. Perhaps that will change as time goes on but until my launcher and ICS learn to play well together and ICS becomes faster, smoother and stabler than GB, I have to use what works best for me and my phone. So far GB has been the best for me.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA][NS4G] oICSv41 | AOSP 4.0.3 (ICS)

Running v41 for a little under an hour now but as aosp claims, the launcher its definitely more crisp and responsive.... I really think he has this build nailed down now....

Just for bragging rights.... GlaDOS 2.1 running at 1400 OC. Looks like were starting to get some real speed out of these kernels.

Screenshot_2011-12-20-10-29-40.png

Last edited:

Brianbgrp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Nice..on v40 with glados.. lazy 200/1k with 10% live OC I was getting 2048 quadrants. When I update to 41 here in a few hours I'll see what I can top out at.

Edit - v40 with glados at 1400 quadrant. No 41 till wifi after work.

42577663-c0bc-58f8.jpg

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Last edited:

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Is there a problem with the weather app on this rom; or, is the weather service down from Google. Mines not loading at all. I had problems on the previous builds were I'd have to refresh it several times before it displayed. This one is just not working at all. I cleared out all the data and relaunched it. Still no luck.

Brianbgrp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Hmmn got home and flashed to 41.. then put on glados 2.2 which just showed up.. and my fpS went to 10 again on quadrant planet after being 65 fps on 40/2.1. However launcher is lag free and phone runs amazing

_DammitMan_

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

Hmmn got home and flashed to 41.. then put on glados 2.2 which just showed up.. and my fpS went to 10 again on quadrant planet after being 65 fps on 40/2.1. However launcher is lag free and phone runs amazing

I just downloaded glados 2.2 as well. The CFS version. I haven't applied it yet though. Which are you using?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Nice..on v40 with glados.. lazy 200/1k with 10% live OC I was getting 2048 quadrants. When I update to 41 here in a few hours I'll see what I can top out at.

Edit - v40 with glados at 1400 quadrant. No 41 till wifi after work.

Click to view quoted image

That's pretty darn slow... ;p
My under clocked nexus will do better than that. But of course I'm on GB ROM. ;-)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Brianbgrp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

i'm using the cfs versions. my phone has yet to use a bfs kernel for anything. and yeah...it's strange. i was getting 10fps on the planet test on v36 with 2.01. then when i swapped to 40 last night...not sure what else I changed, but I was getting 65 fps constant on the planet earlier on the test i screen shotted and every other test i ran at work today. came home, wiped cache/dalv/data. factory reset. flashed 41, flashed pauls 1% mod, flashed 2.2 kernel. booted up. titanium backup my apps and such, then rebooted. ran quadrant and can't break 10-13 fps now.

at my "everyday" settings of 200/1k with 10% oc though my quadrant scores with this setup are in the 2200s, despite the horrid fps on that damn planet.(compared to 2k with the good fps setup) can't complain though, haven't had a single force close on the launcher or anything in the past hour of playing with it.

*edit* lol, i could care less about how fast the quadrant says it is...it's just for fun and to compare to what other people have so I can tell if i'm doing something wrong ;) so long as the phone feels snappy and runs well, i'm a happy camper.

Zeek19

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

For some reason after I installed I couldn't install any apps from the marketplace. Not even amazon would download any apps. I could manually install an apk though...

Zeek19

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

I had to go back wipe everything out again and reinstall, wait for it to sync all of its google data and it finally worked..For some reason when I installed the first time the market had odd results in the my apps section. All is good now!

Reactions: crzycrkr

Brianbgrp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

hmmm just an update, according to ZiggSVO my fps problems was something to do with a lib...

libGLES_android.so in system/lib/egl. i renamed it just to test and my quadrant planet shot back up to 50 fps or so and back up to 2800+ quadrant scores at 1400 with 2.2 glados. just passin along what i learned in case any were wonderin :)

Time to go find out wtf libGLES_android.so is now, so I can tell if I should leave it renamed and inactive, or if i should put it back the way it was and not care about my low fps ;)

Brianbgrp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

hmmmm. sorry for double post, but totally switching frames for a sec. any of you guys tried morfics test Teuv kernel yet with oics? i was using his on my c02 1.1 setup and the battery life + performance for a uc/uv kernel was amazing. tempted to give this a go, but figured id ask you guys. may just wanna wait for a closer to final oics version before playing with kernels too much...and GladOS is rocking

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
hmmmm. sorry for double post, but totally switching frames for a sec. any of you guys tried morfics test Teuv kernel yet with oics? i was using his on my c02 1.1 setup and the battery life + performance for a uc/uv kernel was amazing. tempted to give this a go, but figured id ask you guys. may just wanna wait for a closer to final oics version before playing with kernels too much...and GladOS is rocking

Nope. My phone likes Matr1x kernels

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
i couldn't get good batt life with matr1x.

What settings were you using, and was it 12.5? Did you give it a few days to settle in? My phone doesn't like live OC, and Matr1x has always treated me well in the past. 12.5 seems to be the first solid ICS kernel he's done.

Brianbgrp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

well, i was using it with co2 1.1. i was on 11.5 and used it for 2-3 days. don't remembe rthe exact settings, but it was slight underclocked(my preference, and why i'm interested in morfics teuv setup) since. it performed well, just didn't get anything amazing. i'm admittedly a very heavy user when i'm at work though, sit around all day and text/browse forums. labor job at a steel mill at the slow time of year lol.

haven't tried 12.5 yet with oics, though I think i downloaded it. just jumped onto ezeekels kernel and have enjoyed it's smoothness...just bothered if i try to uc it even a tiny bit, it freezes.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
well, i was using it with co2 1.1. i was on 11.5 and used it for 2-3 days. don't remembe rthe exact settings, but it was slight underclocked(my preference, and why i'm interested in morfics teuv setup) since. it performed well, just didn't get anything amazing. i'm admittedly a very heavy user when i'm at work though, sit around all day and text/browse forums. labor job at a steel mill at the slow time of year lol.

haven't tried 12.5 yet with oics, though I think i downloaded it. just jumped onto ezeekels kernel and have enjoyed it's smoothness...just bothered if i try to uc it even a tiny bit, it freezes.

Gotcha. Everything before 12.5 was pretty unstable. I'm in the same boat with heavy usage, but with batteries at $12 a pop, I have 4 and don't worry too much about battery life. I dont really UV or UC either

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz