[ROM][WIP][ALPHA][NS4G] oICSv43 | AOSP 4.0.3 (ICS)

charn65

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Is it standard for the Android os to be running at 26-32%?

Or, might there be something I'm not setting correctly?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Is it standard for the Android os to be running at 26-32%?

Or, might there be something I'm not setting correctly?

Considering its a percentage, it totally depends on your usage. If your battery life is acceptable, don't worry about it

charn65

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Considering its a percentage, it totally depends on your usage. If your battery life is acceptable, don't worry about it

But it is the highest percentage of what is using battery, so I'm a little concerned with the 8hours of life it got today :D

Just curious, I'm hoping day 2 is better.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
But it is the highest percentage of what is using battery, so I'm a little concerned with the 8hours of life it got today :D

Just curious, I'm hoping day 2 is better.

If it was the highest and you only got 8 hours I would be concerned. 8 hours isn't bad if the screen is on a lot, but if that is the highest then I would think problem. How much screen time?

Reactions: charn65

charn65

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
If it was the highest and you only got 8 hours I would be concerned. 8 hours isn't bad if the screen is on a lot, but if that is the highest then I would think problem. How much screen time?

Screen was a close second, running at 25% average. I just didn't think the os would be the biggest battery consumer, and hence my concern.

Its my business phone also, so I do quite a bit of emails and calls, but again I didn't think the os should have been on top.

Just making sure I didn't have something set incorrectly.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Screen was a close second, running at 25% average. I just didn't think the os would be the biggest battery consumer, and hence my concern.

Its my business phone also, so I do quite a bit of emails and calls, but again I didn't think the os should have been on top.

Just making sure I didn't have something set incorrectly.

If your screen was at 25% then I would say its about right except for the 8 hours. Unless you're using a lot with phone too. To put it in perspective, my OS is typically in the mid 20% range, but my screen is usually 40-50%. I make almost no calls. I get an easy 8 hours with +-4 hours screen time

charn65

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
If your screen was at 25% then I would say its about right except for the 8 hours. Unless you're using a lot with phone too. To put it in perspective, my OS is typically in the mid 20% range, but my screen is usually 40-50%. I make almost no calls. I get an easy 8 hours with +-4 hours screen time

Yes, I manage 16 sales reps, so I use the phone quite a bit.

Thanks for the info!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had success running this rom with Matr1x 12.5? Matr1x was one my favorite kernels with gingerbread and I was really looking forward to running it with this rom. Sadly it won't get past the Google lock screen. :(

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had success running this rom with Matr1x 12.5? Matr1x was one my favorite kernels with gingerbread and I was really looking forward to running it with this rom. Sadly it won't get past the Google lock screen. :(

Are you using the right one? I'm using the ICS 12.5 with great success. 13 just came out.

Reactions: Skunkape60

Brianbgrp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
at what settings on matrix13? I'm testing out the new Sims/morfic teuv based kernel cause I wants my battery life..but I dled 13 just I'm case.

Edit* tried out v13 since the new teuv was giving me a green screen before it slept itself. With 1460 OC+perf gov I got this:

425776e7-324f-0f79.jpg

Not too shabby. Lol

Edit2* I can't seem to get deep idle to kick in...only thing not workin...unless I'm being noob and it won't work with smartassv2

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Last edited:

Brianbgrp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm back on glados 2.3. Was having a prob with deep idle on matrix. Tbh I'm getting pretty close quad numbers on both. Matrix hit that 3066. But its Max oc setting is 1460. And I hit 2050 or so with glad at 1400.

Both ran really well tho. Very smooth with anything I tried.

At a normal did setting with glados 2.3 at 105/1050(liveoc 5%) and didle on I still hit 2400 quadrants

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA][NS4G] oICSv41 | AOSP 4.0.3 (ICS)

Gotcha beat....

Pulled a 3303 on Matr1x v13 at 1460 Mhz... Running CM9

Still nice numbers though... Not shabby at all...

tyea

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I just want to say I've been using version 36 as it has been released. Sometimes when browsing through my past web page history I get a force close. Also, a few applications I used in gingerbread do not seem to be working as well because they required a force close. Overall, I'm using this daily, and I'm not willing to even try anything else, unless there is much more stable version than 36. I have to admit, that my unwillingness is partially due to my novice status at flashing.:)
I should elaborate that I use are practically all the google apps. I listen to podcasts a lot on a stereo bluetooth headset , and I connect in car mod with a car bluetooth system.

Last edited:

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I just want to say I've been using version 36 as it has been released. Sometimes when browsing through my past web page history I get a force close. Also, a few applications I used in gingerbread do not seem to be working as well because they required a force close. Overall, I'm using this daily, and I'm not willing to even try anything else, unless there is much more stable version than 36. I have to admit, that my unwillingness is partially due to my novice status at flashing.:)
I should elaborate that I use are practically all the google apps. I listen to podcasts a lot on a stereo bluetooth headset , and I connect in car mod with a car bluetooth system.

Yes, version 41 is vastly improved

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol