[ROM][WIP][ALPHA][NS4G] oICSv43 | AOSP 4.0.3 (ICS)

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
can I just flash this over your old on or do I gotta reflash oics?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Always recommended to start fresh......you can try wiping caches, but if you have any issues then you are just going to have to start fresh anyway....

Long days and pleasant nights............

karatechess

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I use NSTools. Admittedly, if I play with voltages or change my governor I get shoved into a loop of the phone starting up, sitting on the lockscreen, freezing, restarting it's self, repeat. So that may be operator err on my part. Pretty new to that nonsense. Hopefully I'll figure it out soon enough.

On a more relevant note, I'm gonna stick with 41 for a while. I've got the 1% battery mod on here, and it runs smoothly and stably for the most part (see above.) Battery life could be better, but it could be a whole helluva lot worse, so I'm content for now. I'll probably update when I think the CM mods are significant enough for me to want, but from what I understand there aren't many that I can't live without.

Reactions: charn65

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
41 it's a good rom. I haven't really noticed a difference in how 41 and 43 run. And the current cm7 add in is no reason to update yet.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

m3grady2

May 8, 2011
Visit site
after running v43 for a couple days. I'm noticing the android os bug were something is keeping it awake and its destroying my battery

charn65

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Full wipe before install? I'm getting great battery life on v43

Agreed.

18d3bf93-0413-019d.jpg

Zeek19

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it's an ICS bug or AOSP bug, but when I pair my BT car stereo to my Nexus S no song information is transmitted to the stereo(track name, artist, etc). The audio itself works fine though. When I had stock, it would transmit the info without any problems.

This is on v41, I'm downloading v43 right now to see if it changes.

clindner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm running v43 now, was running Peter Alphonso's rooted stock GB ROM previously.

Does anyone else find this a little sluggish as compared to GB? It takes quite awhile for gmail and such to start up.

Also, my email and text notifications don't stop, the ringtone just keeps going until I view the notification. Is there a way to turn that off?

charn65

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm running v43 now, was running Peter Alphonso's rooted stock GB ROM previously.

Does anyone else find this a little sluggish as compared to GB? It takes quite awhile for gmail and such to start up.

Also, my email and text notifications don't stop, the ringtone just keeps going until I view the notification. Is there a way to turn that off?

Try the GlaDOS, or Matrix kernels, they make a world of difference to the speed. I'm actually running quite a bit faster than I ever did on GB.

Reactions: crzycrkr

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

flash matr1x v13 it's almost a fast as my fastest gingerbread benchmark. Overclock it to 1600 or more and it was only a hair slower than gingerbread clocked at the same speed.

Brianbgrp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The kernel that aosp posted in the xda thread...Eugene's 3.1.5 kernel that aosp asked people to try is running very smooth on my phone all day today. Ucd it to my usual dd setting of 220/880 using smartassv2 I've gone all day....on the initial flash with good batt results already(10+ hours with 2-3 screen on time phone still at 30% before I put on charger)

And still 2100+ quads at that setting

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

clindner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
OK, I'm running Matr1x v13, and I've overclocked to 1400 or so. That does seem to have made a good difference.

Reminds me of when I first OC'd my Pre. Nice boost in performance.

clindner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Another question. My WiFi icon has something flashing on it, and even though the location is "saved", it doesn't connect automatically after a reboot.

My router is not secured, so there's no password or anything like that... What could the issue be?

It was working fine before.

Zeek19

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Another question. My WiFi icon has something flashing on it, and even though the location is "saved", it doesn't connect automatically after a reboot.

My router is not secured, so there's no password or anything like that... What could the issue be?

It was working fine before.

There is little upload/download icons that flash on it now, kind of like how on GB where 3G showed them. Does it do the same thing with other WiFi networks? Because mine connects just fine on reboot with v41 and v43. Have you tried deleting/forgetting it and let the phone re-add it?

EDIT: Also, in regards to my previous post about bluetooth, it still isn't sending song info to my radio on version 43 either.

Last edited:

karatechess

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed lately that every so often my signal bars turn gray, and they no longer indicate 3G or 1x. When this occurs I can still send and receive texts and calls, however I cannot use data, so browser, tweetdeck, and basically anything that uses data will not function. Seeing as I've both updated to v43 AND switched to matr1x 13, I don't know which is causing this. The only method that alleviates the problem is rebooting the phone which is obviously inconvenient. Since I switched both at once (full wipe before anyone asks, including formatting boot, etc.) I don't know which update this problem could be attributed to. If anyone else has this problem could you tell me your set up or a way you fixed it? That would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Edit: Switching airplane mode off and on didn't fix the problem. Only a full reboot fixes it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad