[ROM][WIP][ALPHA][NS4G] oICSv43 | AOSP 4.0.3 (ICS)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Someone on xda said they have the problem with the 3.1.5 kernel so... I didn't have the problem on v41 but I dunno. More research is necessary.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
Sounds good, you come up with any solutions please come back and share so others can benefit from it too....

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I loaded this rom and the only issue I had was that the gallery and music app, did not recognize my internal storage and could not see my music or pictures. The files are visible in root explorer or other file managers, Anyone else experiencing this or have a fix, I am using the stock kernel?

karatechess

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I loaded this rom and the only issue I had was that the gallery and music app, did not recognize my internal storage and could not see my music or pictures. The files are visible in root explorer or other file managers, Anyone else experiencing this or have a fix, I am using the stock kernel?

Have you rebooted? My brother's did that once when I first loaded it up and a reboot fixed it.

thebullfrog

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Decided to take this build for a spin (with Matr1x 13.0). Did a full wipe, etc. Went swimmingly for about 24 hours, then my phone locked up and I had to do a battery pull. Then it wouldn't boot. Kept locking up on the (really cool looking) boot animation. So I nandroided back to GB but have a new issue. I can't boot into recovery now. I just get the robot with the exclamation point, so I can't even try to re-flash ICS again. Any ideas on what either I or it did/am doing wrong?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Decided to take this build for a spin (with Matr1x 13.0). Did a full wipe, etc. Went swimmingly for about 24 hours, then my phone locked up and I had to do a battery pull. Then it wouldn't boot. Kept locking up on the (really cool looking) boot animation. So I nandroided back to GB but have a new issue. I can't boot into recovery now. I just get the robot with the exclamation point, so I can't even try to re-flash ICS again. Any ideas on what either I or it did/am doing wrong?

Sounds like you borked you recovery somehow... Follow the instructions below to re establish your CWM recovery...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...61-how-unlock-install-su-custom-recovery.html

Area your interested in is below...

-Download THIS FILE and place in platform-tools on your PC
-In CMD
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-crespo4g.img

beedip

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Flashed oICSv43 4.0.3 with Matr1x v13 and I must say it is exactly what Android needed. It runs smooth and gives me a quadrant of roughly 3k. No lag or shutdowns yet!

thebullfrog

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
actually i wound up updating ROM manager, then reflashing CWM from there. Works fine now. As far as ICS locking the phone, its actually happened twice. I suspect its an issue with the Kernel, my phone gets unstable at CPU speeds and voltages where it used to be rock solid before. I got it all set back up how I wanted and made a Nandroid backup right away. If it happens again Im going to try a different kernel, for now Im going to leave voltages alone and be less agressive on the clock settings.

thebullfrog

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
well after about 12 hours the phone randomly locked and went into a boot loop like 5 or 6 times. when it finally booted up it wouldn't wake from sleep so I had to nandroid back again. weird that it seems to happen about every 12 hrs and the phone completely breaks. time to try a different kernel and hope that does it, because I really don't want to go back to gingerbread now that I've tasted the Ice Creamy goodness.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
well after about 12 hours the phone randomly locked and went into a boot loop like 5 or 6 times. when it finally booted up it wouldn't wake from sleep so I had to nandroid back again. weird that it seems to happen about every 12 hrs and the phone completely breaks. time to try a different kernel and hope that does it, because I really don't want to go back to gingerbread now that I've tasted the Ice Creamy goodness.

Sounds like a kernel issue. I'm running Matr1x with no problems

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
... Kept locking up on the (really cool looking) boot animation.

Speaking of that (and I agree) really cool looking boot animation- any way to make THAT a live wallpaper for us to download or is that sucker too much of a battery suck? (maybe drop the framerate?)

The stock nexus s boot up would be cool too.

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Yeah Im leaning towards kernel not getting along with my phone. Not sure what else to try instead yet.

Thebullfrog,
If you think you are having kernel issues with this rom, try Eugene's 3.1.6 speedy 2, its in xda under our phone. I have switched to that based on aosp's recommendations, running it at developers stock settings and getting very good performance and best battery life I have seen. All reports in the thread have been nothing but positive, everything works.

Matrix 13.0 had been very good for me, but this is running better on my phone with aospv43

thebullfrog

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'll give that kernel a look. I know now for sure that's the issue. If I dont overclock at all its perfectly fine. For some reason it gets really unstable even at 1.2 when I used to be able to run 1.4. That being said, at stock speed my phone runs much smoother than it ever did on GB. I really love this ROM.

shadowswizzy

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a issue with my gmail app, it keeps saying unfortunately, gmail has stopped, i can't sync now i can't even open the application, can anyone explain this.

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Go to settings, manage apps, find gmail and clear cache/data.

Try it again afterwards.

Report back please with results.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone remember if we had to flash gapps separately on this one when it came out? I never left 13 and I have a gapps zip on my root.

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Gaps were included, you will be good to go unless you swap kernels

And even though this is an older, non updated rom, it is mine and many's daily driver. Smooth, everything works so no daily maintenance or fixing things. Don't know where he went, but you won't go wrong