Ok currently running co2 1.1 with the stick thalamus kernel. I am gettin pretty good battery life considering my admittedly heavy usage(labor crew at the mill I work at = alot of free time lol)

But figured id try a new kernel and see if I can inch out a bit more....plus why not right? Anyways downloaded francos 12/8 cause I heard alot of good things about it. Went to cwm recov. Wipe cache wipe dalv wipe battstats. Flash the zip. All goes smooth....then reboot and bootloop at google image. Pull batt and try again no dice. Wiped everything after that and went to my backup I made before.

Just curious to any thoughts/suggestions for this prob? Or did my device just not like francos kernel?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    12-09-2011 08:09 PM
    Ok currently running co2 1.1 with the stick thalamus kernel. I am gettin pretty good battery life considering my admittedly heavy usage(labor crew at the mill I work at = alot of free time lol)

But figured id try a new kernel and see if I can inch out a bit more....plus why not right? Anyways downloaded francos 12/8 cause I heard alot of good things about it. Went to cwm recov. Wipe cache wipe dalv wipe battstats. Flash the zip. All goes smooth....then reboot and bootloop at google image. Pull batt and try again no dice. Wiped everything after that and went to my backup I made before.

Just curious to any thoughts/suggestions for this prob? Or did my device just not like francos kernel?

I found that same thing with mine on co2. I don't think they play well together, Franco that is. I always get the best battery life out of the stock kernel on carbon.

12-09-2011 08:16 PM
    Ah ok. I do definately get good life with this set at 200/800 on demand. The other day I got 12 hours with almost 6 hours screen time.

Good to know it wasn't just me messin up

12-09-2011 08:20 PM
    Ah ok. I do definately get good life with this set at 200/800 on demand. The other day I got 12 hours with almost 6 hours screen time.

Good to know it wasn't just me messin up

Ha ha! That's what the nexus is all about right, trial and error?

I always run oxygen roms for their battery life. They can't be beat.

12-09-2011 08:23 PM
    Ya I'm stoked. And the co2 theming is awesome....I like the honeycomb touches and all the blue.

Plus the like things like the built in screenshot on power button etc.

And ya. It is literally the reasin I got my ns4g. To learn about rooting/roms and try new things. The old epics sittin stock as a backup still ;-)

12-09-2011 08:29 PM
    Ya I'm stoked. And the co2 theming is awesome....I like the honeycomb touches and all the blue.

Plus the like things like the built in screenshot on power button etc.

And ya. It is literally the reasin I got my ns4g. To learn about rooting/roms and try new things. The old epics sittin stock as a backup still ;-)

Tru dat!

12-09-2011 08:36 PM
    Ok...just an update and a questiin or two....

Current setup is co2 1.1. Matr1x11.5 set at 200/800 with 10%live oc(so 220/880) deep idle on/ max freq on.

So far likin the feel of the phone...very snappy and battery lifes been strong(12 hours total with 4+ screen on time). Just curious if anyones got any setting tips to help me optimize my experience...I admit to using these settings based on all my forum stalking pf other peoples setups as opposed to actually knowin what I'm doing lol.

12-15-2011 08:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD