06-11-2012 10:36 AM
418 1234 ...
tools
    I don't see the dl link for this on his site...am I blind?

Sent from my Asus Transformer Tab
    Just go to his downloads page.
    12-26-2011 03:32 PM
    I downloaded Pete's ICS 4.0.3 last night on my Sprint Nexus S 4g and works awesome!!! only issue I am having is that my hotspot is locked again. Is there a fix to unlock this for ICS?
    12-28-2011 03:10 PM
    I think the whole hotspot/tethering issue is still ongoing with ICS... Last I read was wired tethering was working on certain ROMs
    12-28-2011 03:35 PM
    I know Pete was able to fix it for 2.3. Hoping get it up, otherwise I will have to go back to 2.3 and that would SUCK!!!
    12-28-2011 03:52 PM
    I know Pete was able to fix it for 2.3. Hoping get it up, otherwise I will have to go back to 2.3 and that would SUCK!!!
    I would hit Pete up on his twitter account see if he responds... I know it was being worked on by CM team and aosp of oICS but nobody had come up with a solid wireless method yet to my knowledge..
    12-28-2011 04:01 PM
    I just installed the latest nightly build of the rom on my nexus s 4g. There is only one problem I have so far which is google wallet. When I installed it, it kept force closing itself. Even NFC is on. Any fix for that?
    01-03-2012 02:54 PM
    I just installed the latest nightly build of the rom on my nexus s 4g. There is only one problem I have so far which is google wallet. When I installed it, it kept force closing itself. Even NFC is on. Any fix for that?
    Wallet is on Pete's to-do list. I'm hoping it comes in the next nightly. I don't use the program a lot but it's fun to use where it's accepted.
    01-04-2012 12:58 PM
    That is good to hear. I use it most of the time. Makes my life easier.
    01-04-2012 04:01 PM
    I just installed the Jan 11th nightly last night. Unlike my previous ICS attempt, I didn't hose it up by restoring my apps and settings from a backup.

Seems to be working very well. Wallet is now included in his build! And, the Market works just fine, unlike what I had read elsewhere.

Very nice!
    01-12-2012 08:50 AM
    I just installed the Jan 11th nightly last night. Unlike my previous ICS attempt, I didn't hose it up by restoring my apps and settings from a backup.

Seems to be working very well. Wallet is now included in his build! And, the Market works just fine, unlike what I had read elsewhere.

Very nice!
    Exactly as you stated there.... I have been doing the same, manually redownloading my apps and ditching my settings between new flashings.. Lot less headaches and I know I'm getting a true fresh install.
    01-12-2012 09:54 AM
    There's a 1-12-12 build up.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    01-13-2012 09:43 AM
    Exactly as you stated there.... I have been doing the same, manually redownloading my apps and ditching my settings between new flashings.. Lot less headaches and I know I'm getting a true fresh install.
    You have to admit- this is terrible though. Why hasn't ICS somehow addressed the issue of save data for apps? I've never seen a smartphone so crippled in this regard since smartphones launched. I've successfully updated apps and migrated from phone to phone with my apps and / or data until Android- and quite honestly, my wife is considering leaving Android because of it and I don't blame her one bit. I now consider all apps as non productive, as I know I may not reliably get my data back, and I can't endorse Android because of this failing issue.

What are stand out features that makes Pete's preferred from oICS and AOSP to some of you?
    01-13-2012 03:45 PM
    Display and Accessibility in Settings both have a screen rotate check box, which seems to be redundant, because, if one is checked, the other automatically checks. I know this, because, I was looking for a setting that allows rotation of the home screens and apps/Widgets, but that does not seem possible with the 01/13 and 01/15 nightlies.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    01-16-2012 11:50 AM
    How have people found the 1-18 revision? Is there a changelog anywhere? I've been debating when to jump into ICS
    01-20-2012 10:01 AM
    How have people found the 1-18 revision? Is there a changelog anywhere? I've been debating when to jump into ICS
    I can't compare it to previous versions, except a mid-December version of his release, which was in its infancy.

I just installed the 1/18 release.

Overall, my impression is that it runs very smoothly. I wish I had let it run for a day or two with the stock kernel, but I am so partial to Matr1x that I installed it right away.

It's fast. There are no FCs. There's no lag (that I can appreciate). GPS works very well. Haven't tried bluetooth yet, and I don't use wallet.

The battery is draining faster than I like. It may be since I just calibrated this morning and should give it a while to "break in" (whatever). So, I can give an update in a day or so.

Other than the *potential* battery issue, it runs well.
    01-20-2012 10:39 AM
    I just installed Buegless Beast 1/18/2012 yesterday, this is the first time for me running ICS, and so far i like a lot.
    GPS works.
    Wifi hotspot works (which was the main reason for me to root and and install a custom ROM) .
    Bluetooth works, although for whatever reason i can't dial any number talking to the bluethoot device. in order to use my bluethooth, i have to dial the number from the phoner itself, then i can listen and talk through the bluetooth.

Email works, but it's slow synchronizing ?? and also it won't synch live, the minimun time in between syncs is 5 minutes. The email version that shipped with Android 2.3.7 was way faster, and didn't ask for any time between email synch. i have a yahoo mailbox, a gmail mailbox, and an exchange mailbox.

For the Exchange portion (Active Sync), it't super nice to see an option to install client certificates.
    I tried setting that up, but i'm getting an error that states the active sycn policies from the server are not supported by the device. i thought ICS 4.0.3 was supporting EAS policies. I can change the policy in my Exchage Active sycn boxes to test. i'm also an Exchange admin, so it makes life easier to test EAS on Android
    01-20-2012 11:25 AM
    I just installed it myself, and for some reason, none of my contacts are there. Anyone else have this issue? I didn't do a full data wipe, perhaps that was the problem, but I think I'll play more this weekend
    01-20-2012 12:00 PM
    I just installed it myself, and for some reason, none of my contacts are there. Anyone else have this issue? I didn't do a full data wipe, perhaps that was the problem, but I think I'll play more this weekend

Yes, you definitely have to do a full wipe. And I wouldn't recommend restoring anything from a backup either. After you have ICS installed, for future updates, all you need to do is to wipe the cache. No loss of data or settings!

I am running 1-15, for the past 4 days, and I haven't had any issues, nor have I even rebooted since I installed it! I am on the stock kernel. A little slower than the Matr1x I was using before which I had overclocked, but I will probably hold off on flashing another kernel until I put on a later nightly version. I don't like to mess around with things more often than I have to.
    01-20-2012 12:43 PM
    Oh man! But I spent so much time on Nine Innings Baseball! Haha. Maybe I'll try just restoring my game data and texts.
    01-20-2012 12:59 PM
    Oh man! But I spent so much time on Nine Innings Baseball! Haha. Maybe I'll try just restoring my game data and texts.
    Yeah, it may well be OK to restore game/app settings and texts, but I can tell you that I did a full restore of settings the first time I flashed an ICS ROM, and I had a lot of problems. I can't say for sure if it was something in the ROM, or in the restore that was causing problems, but I gave it another shot after a week or so with a more recent ROM without restoring anything, and it has been great!
    01-20-2012 01:04 PM
    It seems there is a new updated, R01.22.2012, i haven't installed yet.
    01-22-2012 12:16 PM
    Downloading R01.22.2012 ...
    01-22-2012 12:24 PM
    Updated my phone with the new version, posting this connected to my Nexus S 4G wifi-hotspot.
    I only did a davlik cache wipe since i used ROM manager to download and install the update. no problems so far.
    01-22-2012 12:53 PM
    How can i adjust CPU performance with the kernel that comes with Bugless Beast ?
    It says i have 3.0.8+ Pete@Android #1
    01-22-2012 01:05 PM
    How can i adjust CPU performance with the kernel that comes with Bugless Beast ?
    It says i have 3.0.8+ Pete@Android #1
    NS Tools
    SetCPU
    Voltage Control
    01-22-2012 01:16 PM
418 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD