06-11-2012 10:36 AM
418 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I have that checked and I don't see a big difference in anything. Maybe I'm missing something.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    02-06-2012 08:21 PM
    02-07-2012 09:12 AM
    Battery life has been great with 02/22, this includes checking/sending emails about every hour yesterday, 5 short phone calls, (about 5 minutes each), and no modification whatsover to Peter's kernel

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    02-07-2012 09:26 AM
    Uploading 02/06 to my SD right now
    02-07-2012 09:33 AM
    Seems faster than previous version. I was using the stock leaked 4.04 version prior to this and the speed and fluidity are very similar. The browser may be minutely slower than 4.04, and it is definitely an improvement from the 2/02 version. The last couple of roms I've been keeping the developer feature, force-gpu-use-on, and all animations off. I've been staying with the kernel that came with each rom.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    02-07-2012 09:43 AM
    Loaded 02/06, and enabled the GPU option. would see how things run with GPU on.
    02-07-2012 09:55 AM
    More on the GPU stuff
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...ng-option.html

Maybe it's my mind, but perhaps some of my apps are a tad faster. so far with GPU on all of my apps seem to be running ok, no problems with any of my widgets either.
    02-07-2012 10:40 AM
    Dunno about you guys, but I downloaded recent 2-6-12 BB build and I'm getting a signficantly faster battery drain with gTalk signed in than I was before either with previous builds or with stock GB.
    02-07-2012 01:55 PM
    Not me but I have noticed that the gallery is pretty choppy. Even with the matr1x kernel.
    02-07-2012 02:45 PM
    No weird battery drain for me. Could be your signal? I never used talk or keep online unless I really need to. I think messenger is better. Maybe trying wiping the battery stats to see if that helps.

How many photos do you have loaded in your gallery? I have 19 different gallerys with no choppiness at all. Is that even a word? haha. Some have 300 plus pics. Thank you picasa.

What do you consider choppy though?
    02-07-2012 02:58 PM
    No choppines here either, i just set the GPU to off because somehow fruit ninja seems faster that way. other than that, things continue to run as smooth as they did in the versions i've tried from 01/18 up to 02/06
    Btw, i used whatsap a lot, no battery drain as well.
    I'm not using third party kernels though, whatever Peter installs in there is what i run, and also whatever CPU/Batterry setup that comes with it.
    I tried a couple of kernels before, and every time i tried to overclock or play with the battery, my phone would misbehave. Peter stuff is smooth, and stable enough to satisfy my taste for other ROM's.
    I'm doing A LOT , just flashing his new updates everytime they get posted, i already trust whatever bugless beast comes with, and so far, the only issue for me has been the Exchange activesync client in version 01/18, haven't tried to see what happens with this version cause i also have a Blackberry and a ipod to sync activesync.
    02-07-2012 03:28 PM
    No weird battery drain for me. Could be your signal? I never used talk or keep online unless I really need to. I think messenger is better. Maybe trying wiping the battery stats to see if that helps.

How many photos do you have loaded in your gallery? I have 19 different gallerys with no choppiness at all. Is that even a word? haha. Some have 300 plus pics. Thank you picasa.

What do you consider choppy though?
    Yeah, could be my signal. Tomorrow from the office I'll stay off of gTalk and see if I notice the same/similar enough battery drain b/c of signal.

My gallery isn't choppy at all, either. Pretty smooth.

I will say this, though. My signal at work, at least, hasn't been as good as before with stock GB, and my WiFi hasn't been as strong either (both at least in terms of appearance and not necessarily in terms of actual use).
    02-07-2012 03:56 PM
    Huh, I don't have that my pics.
    02-07-2012 03:58 PM
    New rom up. Get it while it's hot boys and girls. Pretty sure this one includes some nice new tweaks.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    02-07-2012 10:18 PM
    Damn your quick!
    02-07-2012 10:22 PM
    Yay new status bar power Widgets.
    02-07-2012 11:06 PM
    I saw it on my twitter feed. I follow Peter. This new update is so sweet. The power bar widget is so nice. Saves me space on one of my screens. No longer need to use my beautiful widgets widgets for those.
    I ask if its possible to put 4G in the widget bar. Then I would be super happy. Is there any way to get a percent where the battery is instead of the battery level icon?
    02-08-2012 08:44 AM
    Dang it, downloading it
    02-08-2012 09:49 AM
    Wow, this thing is smooth, i can't believe i'm flashing nightlys every couple of days and everything i do with my phone works without any issues , this ROM is vey stable and robust. My hat to Peter Alfonso.

Have anybody noticed the CPU Performance option where you can adjust min and max CPU ?. i don;'t rememeber that option being there before.
    The power widget is a great idea, i can toggle the wifi - hotspot from there.
    02-08-2012 10:51 AM
    Wow, this thing is smooth, i can't believe i'm flashing nightlys every couple of days and everything i do with my phone works without any issues , this ROM is vey stable and robust. My hat to Peter Alfonso.

Have anybody noticed the CPU Performance option where you can adjust min and max CPU ?. i don;'t rememeber that option being there before.
    The power widget is a great idea, i can toggle the wifi - hotspot from there.
    Noticed the CPU Performance option; it's definitely new in this latest build. But I have no idea what the different settings mean. It's set on default under "interactive."
    02-08-2012 11:30 AM
    I also noticed the default CPU governor set to interactive, in my wife's phone with Cyanogen 7.2, the governor is set to ondemand by default.

Found a little explanation doing a google search about the CPU governors, since i had no idea what the use was for them

CPU Governors

----
    ondemand
    Available in most kernels, and the default governor in most kernels. When the CPU load reaches a certain point (see "up threshold" in Advanced Settings), ondemand will rapidly scale the CPU up to meet demand, then gradually scale the CPU down when it isn't needed. - SetCPU website

conservative
    Available in some kernels. It is similar to the ondemand governor, but will scale the CPU up more gradually to better fit demand. Conservative provides a less responsive experience than ondemand, but can save battery. - SetCPU website

performance
    Available in most kernels. It will keep the CPU running at the "max" set value at all times. This is a bit more efficient than simply setting "max" and "min" to the same value and using ondemand because the system will not waste resources scanning for the CPU load. This governor is recommended for stable benchmarking. - SetCPU website

powersave
    Available in some kernels. It will keep the CPU running at the "min" set value at all times. - SetCPU website

userspace
    A method for controlling the CPU speed that isn't currently used by SetCPU. For best results, do not use the userspace governor. - SetCPU website

Interactive

The 'interactive' governor has a different approach. Instead of sampling the cpu
    at a specified rate, the governor will scale the cpu frequency up when coming
    out of idle. When the cpu comes out of idle, a timer is configured to fire
    within 1-2 ticks. If the cpu is 100% busy from exiting idle to when the timer
    fires then we assume the cpu is underpowered and ramp to MAX speed.

If the cpu was not 100% busy, then the governor evaluates the cpu load over the
    last 'min_sample_rate' (default 50000 uS) to determine the cpu speed to ramp down to.
    corolla90 likes this.
    02-08-2012 12:02 PM
    1-8 is out.
    02-08-2012 12:27 PM
    I'll test battery life with the governor set to ondemand. it seems even crispier than before.
    02-08-2012 12:29 PM
    1-8 is out.
    1-8 or 2-8 ?
    I just downloaded 02/08 an hour ago
    02-08-2012 12:30 PM
    I usually don't play around with the CPU. I have learned from my Palm Pre days if you don't know what your doing, it can really effect your battery life, stablilty and your overall experinnce with the phone.

I am just going to leave it at what Peter has it set to. Still the best ROM out there. The GPS is a ing joke how fast it locks on! LOVE IT!
    02-08-2012 12:58 PM
418 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD