[ROM][ICS] Pete Alfonso's Nightlies

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if the Matrx 1x kernel is compatiable. I thought it is but maybe try running Peter's rom without it for a while. I don't think you will notice a big difference.

echoromeo83

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't think so. Try the new rom that's up. Make sure you wipe everything. I think since you are having problems that might help.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

When you say "wipe everything" do you mean just cache and dalvik, or do you mean wipe the entire phone/data? Because what I have been doing between Peter's updates is just wiping cache and dalvik (I've gone through 1/22 to 1/31 that way) and I haven't ran into too many issues. But I'm about to update to 2/2/12 and I thought that maybe I should do the complete data wipe this time?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You can continue to wipe cache/dalvik cache as long as its been working without issue. Eventually the time may come that you do end up with a problem and have to do a full wipe by including data in your wipe process.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
What Paul said. I only wipe Dalvik when I update Peter's Rom. If you are having issues I would back up and do a full wipe. I wonder from now on if I should wipe cache along with Dalvik before updating ROMs.

Oh well. So far everything runs smooth. I love this forum because everyone is so helpfu.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
What Paul said. I only wipe Dalvik when I update Peter's Rom. If you are having issues I would back up and do a full wipe. I wonder from now on if I should wipe cache along with Dalvik before updating ROMs.

Oh well. So far everything runs smooth. I love this forum because everyone is so helpfu.

Doing a "dirty" flash as that is referred to is okay normally if your sticking with the same ROM. If your going to swap from Pete's to say CM9 or something else then I would recommend the full wipe. People have done it and its worked but chances are your more likely to run into trouble when switching to a completely different built of ROM.

Like you mentioned though, always make your backup before flashing so if it goes south you can always restore.

echoromeo83

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
You can continue to wipe cache/dalvik cache as long as its been working without issue. Eventually the time may come that you do end up with a problem and have to do a full wipe by including data in your wipe process.

OK, thank you for the confirmation. I will definitely do a full wipe if I switch to another ROM, but for now I'm sticking with Bugless.

I'm assuming it would be the same if I wanted to flash a new kernel, like Matr1x? I've heard some really good things about this kernel and I've read that it works well with Pete's ROM, So I was thinking about flashing 2/2/12 build then flashing the latest 15.5 release of that.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
OK, thank you for the confirmation. I will definitely do a full wipe if I switch to another ROM, but for now I'm sticking with Bugless.

I'm assuming it would be the same if I wanted to flash a new kernel, like Matr1x? I've heard some really good things about this kernel and I've read that it works well with Pete's ROM, So I was thinking about flashing 2/2/12 build then flashing the latest 15.5 release of that.
Kernels only require a cache partition/dalvik cache wipe. Actually most kernel devs just say wipe dalvik. So there is no need to worry about a full wipe with kernels.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Kernels only require a cache partition/dalvik cache wipe. Actually most kernel devs just say wipe dalvik. So there is no need to worry about a full wipe with kernels.

Thanks for the heads up.

Is there anything new in the 2-2 build? what version is it 4.0.3 or 4.0.4?

Last edited:

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up.

Is there anything new in the 2-2 build? what version is it 4.0.3 or 4.0.4?

I updated to 2-2 build, but not sure what's new. It's still 4.0.3. But Peter tweeted that Google hasn't released the official source code for 4.0.4. yet, so he's just been pulling binaries or what not from what was leaked.

luismpr

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I updated to 2-2 build, but not sure what's new. It's still 4.0.3. But Peter tweeted that Google hasn't released the official source code for 4.0.4. yet, so he's just been pulling binaries or what not from what was leaked.

did yours include gapps? mine didnt and i cant seem to find them. its kinda sad lol

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
yup, wiped everything.dalvik,cache and the other one(forgot what it was lol) and the last time i flashed pete's nightly it didnt include gapps either

So the market and gmail were missing when you flashed?

Pete's rom doesn't include some the google apps that come with the OTA rom, like music and google+, but the base gapps such as market and gmail are included.

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
did yours include gapps? mine didnt and i cant seem to find them. its kinda sad lol

Yeah, I have google apps included, but I originally installed the 1-22 build, and since then having been updating the ROM builds by only wiping the Dalvik cache and then installing the ROM through ClockworkMod. Haven't had any issues with gapps. And I never had to install them separately. Granted, I had backed up all of my apps with Titaniam, but Market was there after I installed the ROM.

luismpr

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
wow, maybe i should have been a bit more specific i feel dumb lol. im sorry giys what i meant was if it came with the premade gapps folder.i had it back when i flashed oICSv43 i believe it was.not a big deal now because i flashed an inverted version of some of those apps i use to match my "theme" . thanks for the responses guys. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos